Scheduling SEC Teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scheduling SEC Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I refuse to believe that some WBB coaches would refuse to play UConn because they might be beat or even get blown out. The majority of the new teams that have played UConn recently on their home court have thanked Geno for bringing his team to their court. Usually UConn breaks their attendance record or get the largest crowd they have had in many years. The WBB program gets more local media attention then they usually get and the school makes money on that one game instead of losing money. The players themselves become more aware of what it takes to win as they see how hard UConn plays on every possession and how physical they are.

I do believe that there are some coaches and/or athletic departments who schedule their OOC games against weak opponents so they can maximize their home games. They play teams that won't demand a return game on their home court. Those that do that IMHO are being very short sighted and won't see much improvement in their WBB program.

Playing UConn is one game on a teams schedule and no coach is going to get fired for getting blown out by UConn or for that matter Tenn or any of the other elite WBB teams. What will get them fired is losing games within their conference or other games that they should win.

Reaction Score
I refuse to believe that some WBB coaches would refuse to play UConn because they might be beat or even get blown out. The majority of the new teams that have played UConn recently on their home court have thanked Geno for bringing his team to their court. Usually UConn breaks their attendance record or get the largest crowd they have had in many years. The WBB program gets more local media attention then they usually get and the school makes money on that one game instead of losing money. The players themselves become more aware of what it takes to win as they see how hard UConn plays on every possession and how physical they are.

I do believe that there are some coaches and/or athletic departments who schedule their OOC games against weak opponents so they can maximize their home games. They play teams that won't demand a return game on their home court. Those that do that IMHO are being very short sighted and won't see much improvement in their WBB program.

Playing UConn is one game on a teams schedule and no coach is going to get fired for getting blown out by UConn or for that matter Tenn or any of the other elite WBB teams. What will get them fired is losing games within their conference or other games that they should win.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a UConn/Vandy series.I can't understand why my fellow UT fans always give you guys a hard time over your schedule when Vanderbilt basically plays nothing but cupcakes every single year.UConn/Kentucky or UConn/Georgia could be fun also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom