Scheduling post-2024 | The Boneyard

Scheduling post-2024

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Our 2023 schedule is complete, and with Syracuse added to our 2024 schedule, I assume our final game to fill in that year is an FCS opponent.

Without further ado, I am going to focus on 2025 onward.

2025 has two openings. We need a P5 home game to get to six home games and gives us a 4th P5 opponent (only P5 opponent at home). The other game can be the road half of a H/H with either a P5 school or AAC or MW school.

Possible opponents for 2025 P5 home game (based on openings and realistic opponents): Pitt, Virginia, Wake (could do a 25/26 H/H), Northwestern, Rutgers, Baylor, Houston, and Washington State.

2026 has one opening. It must be home game as we only have five. I personally would love for us to have 5 P5 games in a year, but I don't think it's a requirement in 2026. Possible P5 opponents for that home game: Boston College, Duke, Louisville, Army, Pitt, Virginia, Northwestern, Rutgers, Baylor, Kansas, UCF, Washington State, and Arizona.

2027 has three openings. We already have six home games, and haven't scheduled an FCS opponent yet. I think this season we can use as leverage to get H/H series with P5 schools and put the road games in this season.

2028 has five openings. We have three home games scheduled but are due to play UMass at home that year (not scheduled yet) and haven't scheduled an FCS opponent so we only need to find one home game and two road games.

My scheduling philosophy going forward is 5 P5 H/H series yearly, Army H/H every year, UMass yearly, FCS yearly, two AAC H/H, and two MW H/H yearly. A prospective schedule:

1. Hawaii (A)
2. Indiana (H)
3. Temple (A)
4. Syracuse (H)
5. UNC (H)
6. Virginia (A)
7. USF (A)
8. Fresno State (H)
9. Maine (H)
10. Army (A)
11. Boston College (A)
12. UMass (H)

Reaction Score
I'd like to see some of the west coast teams on the schedule. I see no reason why we can't get Cal or Oregon St or Washington St. Heck Even maybe Washington. Might be a long shot on them, but would fun to travel out there for a game.

Reaction Score
After the last round of realignment the AAC & MWC are pretty indistinguishable from the Sun Belt and barely ahead of MAC/C-USA

Really it’s P5 games, G5 games and annual independents.

Reaction Score
Play Boston College and/or Syracuse and/or Pitt and/or Rutgers annually to preserve 1) local rivals and 2) the Old Big East
….Colorado.
Love both of these ideas. Keep playing local P5 rivals—and since I now have 3 grandkids at UC -Boulder, it’s not just a good time for us to play Colorado-it’s prime time!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom