Scheduling Nova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scheduling Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Son is a Nova grad so I would like to see us play them. Georgetown and St. Johns would be better for recruiting since we already have a presence in the Philadelphia area with Temple. Actually I would like to see us add as many BE teams as possible; even BC and Providence for proximity.
Hate to say it but we probably should use the Squid's strategy when he was at Memphis.
Scheduling takes into consideration the need for SOS and RPI. It also takes into consideration the need for recruiting.

The schedule this season should have been better than it turned out if some of the teams were playing up to expectations. It's hard to know this in advance when scheduling is arranged. As far as recruitment goes, I want UConn to play games in the regions in which our recruiters have some relationships with high school and aau coaches.

I'm sure the people who need to know this understand this and are trying their best to make it work. Of course it requires a similar interest from the parties they are trying to schedule. On the women's side there was almost a difficulty in getting a ND UConn match up that is one of the few premier match ups left in their sport.

Cuse will not arrange a game with UConn for now because they are in a better conference, have a recent history of better performance and there is no recruiting advantage. Furthermore they are in competition with UConn in the region for recruits. So they are hoping to see UConn become less relevant. It won't happen, but that't their wish.

Nova is a great potential match up if their team stays strong in the upcoming seasons for reasons of RPI and SOS.

Reaction Score
Scheduling takes into consideration the need for SOS and RPI. It also takes into consideration the need for recruiting.

The schedule this season should have been better than it turned out if some of the teams were playing up to expectations. It's hard to know this in advance when scheduling is arranged. As far as recruitment goes, I want UConn to play games in the regions in which our recruiters have some relationships with high school and aau coaches.

I'm sure the people who need to know this understand this and are trying their best to make it work. Of course it requires a similar interest from the parties they are trying to schedule. On the women's side there was almost a difficulty in getting a ND UConn match up that is one of the few premier match ups left in their sport.

Cuse will not arrange a game with UConn for now because they are in a better conference, have a recent history of better performance and there is no recruiting advantage. Furthermore they are in competition with UConn in the region for recruits. So they are hoping to see UConn become less relevant. It won't happen, but that't their wish.

Nova is a great potential match up if their team stays strong in the upcoming seasons for reasons of RPI and SOS.

2004 and 2011 say otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer