Scheduling Nova | The Boneyard

Scheduling Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good news is that it is a road game that most of us can travel to....

As long as Jay Wright is there they should be decent.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Good news is that it is a road game that most of us can travel to....

That's another reason for missing the old Big East. Games at Nova, Hall, SJU, RU (still 1 left) - all within driving distance.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Villanova is solid this year, and scheduling them would be pretty nice, but to be honest I'd much rather UConn schedule Georgetown. Philly is one the areas covered by having Temple in the AAC. UConn needs to maintain a presence in DC/Baltimore. The amount of talent in DC/MD/VA is absolutely huge and Calhoun recruited very well there over the years so the UConn name/brand still means something to kids down there. Keeping that pipeline going should be one of Ollie's focuses when scheduling.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'd love to continue to play all of our former Big East opponents.

Everyone saying we don't need to is gong to be begging for even Depaul after playing Tulane a few times.

Reaction Score

Everyone saying we don't need to is gong to be begging for even Depaul after playing Tulane a few times.
I feel the same way. Our SOS this year isnt that impressive and its only going to get worse in the future. Lets put it this way, I would have rather have played Villanova instead of Detroit

Reaction Score
Would love to get Villanova on the schedule for the next couple years. Jay Wright has managed to put together a young foundation of talent that is going to have them in the hunt for a while.

U

UCONNfan1

The way we've played this year... is Tulane a gimme?! ;)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's the way. Keep bagging on Tulane. Meanwhile, there is a very good chance they will give UConn a challenge and may even win at Rentschler.

Reaction Score
That'd awesome. Nova is always fun and the type of team that could always give us fits even in their worst years and our best years.

ONIONS!

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Nova Cuse Gtown and st johns scheduled every other year rotated between schools.

Reaction Score
The Catholic schools were part of a conspiracy to destroy UConn. A person from Villanova was on the NCAA committee that banned UConn from the tourney and denied the appeals.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Nova Cuse Gtown and st johns scheduled every other year rotated between schools.

Hell, why not 2 home and 2 away every season?

I don't get the reluctance to play these schools? The bad blood is obviously there and who doesn't love a good basketball rivalry?

These were the games we most looked forward to anyways, keep them coming!

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Hell, why not 2 home and 2 away every season?

I don't get the reluctance to play these schools? The bad blood is obviously there and who doesn't love a good basketball rivalry?

These were the games we most looked forward to anyways, keep them coming!

I agree, I ment doing a Cuse st johns one year then a nova GTOWN the next and Leaveing some open ooc spots for teams like IU and Florida

Reaction Score
Love the idea but I do not see us playing Cuse again unless its in a preseason or post season tourney, I do not think they have any interest in it.

I think Nova and St. Johns are very realistic though

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Love the idea but I do not see us playing Cuse again unless its in a preseason or post season tourney, I do not think they have any interest in it.

I think Nova and St. Johns are very realistic though
I completely agree regarding the Cuse. The only reason they are playing Villanova, St. John's, and trying to finalize a series with Georgetown, is really for recruiting purposes only. Boeheim has said as much in the last couple of years. Now that they are in the ACC they are still trying to stay relevant in Philly, NYC, and DC with these OOC games, so much so that they are willing to actually play tough OOC road games. It completely flies in the face of the Cuse model of scheduling the softest OOC schedule known to man (outside of preseason tournaments).

I can't see them scheduling another tough OOC opponent in UConn when they get almost nothing out of it recruiting wise. Just don't see them having the interest.

Last edited:

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I don't think they want us at all,but uconn vs cuse every other year at the graden couldn't hurt either team recruiting the area.

Reaction Score
Jay Wright on SVP talking about trying to schedule UConn in the future. They will continue to play Cuse
Son is a Nova grad so I would like to see us play them. Georgetown and St. Johns would be better for recruiting since we already have a presence in the Philadelphia area with Temple. Actually I would like to see us add as many BE teams as possible; even BC and Providence for proximity.
Hate to say it but we probably should use the Squid's strategy when he was at Memphis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom