Scheduling Next Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scheduling Next Year

Reaction Score
Is two time champion over the past four years Villanova any good?
Are we to pretend that UConn joining the Big East with a good head coach and improved program is not also going to help the conference improve?

Reaction Score
Is two time champion over the past four years Villanova any good?
Are we to pretend that UConn joining the Big East with a good head coach and improved program is not also going to help the conference improve?
Smart for basketball. Dumb for a flagship university. Again, to what end. To be a 2 week a year self congratulation party with no relevance to the big time college landscape? We are longing for a world long since past. If you don’t have a credible football program you’re small time. Frankly with the P5 cartel in place, you’re already seeing the BB power shift and the Fake BE erode.

Reaction Score
Fans have no right to complain about the football program since 60+% stopped attending games. They tried saving the program but it was clearly a financial liability and the AAC didn’t make much sense outside of football. I don’t think going independent will lessen our chances of p5 at all. The key is bringing back fans and winning a few games here and there. Problem is our base is fair weathered.

Reaction Score
It’s ironic that the guy hired to save football, intentionally killed it. It’s tough to get your arms around that likely fact.
Too many causal fans. Half of the die hard season ticket holders turned casual. Big loser in terms of finances. The casuals need to show up.

Reaction Score
Yeah, lots of teams lose 20-straight against FBS teams!
If it’s happening when most of these guys are seniors the frustration is understandable. You have two freshmen qbs multiple freshmen wrs. Let them build a chemistry give them a shot. The ucf game showed promise. Even against they’re starters the got multiple first downs and moved the ball into FG range twice. Then against they’re reserves which are probably better than most the teams we play starters they got 3 scores. That’s something positive to build on. No to mention Steven Krajewski obviously has a will power to keep moving and playing unless he has to get carted off the field.

Reaction Score
OK.
Just for laughs.
2020 Schedule
Yale, CCSU, Wesleyan, U of New Haven, Trinity, URI, UMASS, VT., NH, Maine, Buffalo.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
OK.
Just for laughs.
2020 Schedule
Yale, CCSU, Wesleyan, U of New Haven, Trinity, URI, UMASS, VT., NH, Maine, Buffalo.
We already have CCSU scheduled, don't we? Plus UMass, so we got 1/6 of that schedule set!

Reaction Score
We already have CCSU scheduled, don't we? Plus UMass, so we got 1/6 of that schedule set!

CCSU doesn't appear on the UConn football schedule until the 2022 season. We're hoping Central makes every reasonable effort to help fill out the Huskies schedule next year, but I think that is unlikely as we already have a FBS game scheduled at Toledo.

Two CCSU-UConn games are confirmed for Sep 3, 2022 and Aug 30, 2025

Reaction Score
Fans have no right to complain about the football program since 60+% stopped attending games. They tried saving the program but it was clearly a financial liability and the AAC didn’t make much sense outside of football. I don’t think going independent will lessen our chances of p5 at all. The key is bringing back fans and winning a few games here and there. Problem is our base is fair weathered.
No way. It’s amazing so many fans still show up despite the horrendous product. If we ever start winning fans will come back.

Reaction Score
CCSU doesn't appear on the UConn football schedule until the 2022 season. We're hoping Central makes every reasonable effort to help fill out the Huskies schedule next year, but I think that is unlikely as we already have a FBS game scheduled at Toledo.

Two CCSU-UConn games are confirmed for Sep 3, 2022 and Aug 30, 2025
I hear a NEC FB only invite in the works. CCSU is our rivalry game.

Reaction Score
Louisiana - Monroe and FL International. You thought the Rent was quiet for Tulsa and ECU, wait until we get these games. I would rather run through a EEE mosquito patch than waste my time with those games.

Reaction Score
Louisiana - Monroe and FL International. You thought the Rent was quiet for Tulsa and ECU, wait until we get these games. I would rather run through a EEE mosquito patch than waste my time with those games.

All 4 of them are the same. No one cares about any of those schools.

Reaction Score
All 4 of them are the same. No one cares about any of those schools.

We should care about Uconn and not the other schools. Everyone knows the schedule can’t be good next year even if everything breaks perfectly. Good fans show up and support the kids and root for us regardless of who we play. This stretch has been awful and Uconn does not have the football tradition so many fans have basically abandoned the kids. The definition of fair weather fans because if we were winning it would not be this way. If we won 8 games a year in the AAC we would have never left the conference, and even the basketball only nut jobs would have to admit that (another time on this but how can you be a Uconn fan and not root for EVERY program).

What concerns me about football fans is the die hards are now also dying slowly.

Reaction Score
We should care about Uconn and not the other schools. Everyone knows the schedule can’t be good next year even if everything breaks perfectly. Good fans show up and support the kids and root for us regardless of who we play. This stretch has been awful and Uconn does not have the football tradition so many fans have basically abandoned the kids. The definition of fair weather fans because if we were winning it would not be this way. If we won 8 games a year in the AAC we would have never left the conference, and even the basketball only nut jobs would have to admit that (another time on this but how can you be a Uconn fan and not root for EVERY program).

What concerns me about football fans is the die hards are now also dying slowly.
It still annoys me how the BB-nuts will lay all the blame on the poor showing of the football program in the AAC, conveniently forgetting how boring/non-competative the BB program has been. Hopefully they can start to take care of business in the Big East, because if they don't it'll be doom for this entire athletic dept.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
It still annoys me how the BB-nuts will lay all the blame on the poor showing of the football program in the AAC, conveniently forgetting how boring/non-competative the BB program has been. Hopefully they can start to take care of business in the Big East, because if they don't it'll be doom for this entire athletic dept.
I’m thinking football is really leading the charge on the non competitive front. We are the worst team in the AAC by miles.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
well, yeah. However BB has been a failure too, especially considering the brand they were supposedly bringing to the table.
Yes. It didn’t help

Reaction Score
Can someone please explain the rationale for UConn buying its way out of the AAC for 2020. It was late in the game to schedule teams as an independent. Would you have been better off playing the AAC 2020 schedule and then go to the nBE? You are losing TV money for 2020 and paying an additional financial penalty for that decision.

Reaction Score
Can someone please explain the rationale for UConn buying its way out of the AAC for 2020. It was late in the game to schedule teams as an independent. Would you have been better off playing the AAC 2020 schedule and then go to the nBE? You are losing TV money for 2020 and paying an additional financial penalty for that decision.

Reaction Score

Good comparison analysis with the 2 scenarios. Certainly some assumptions around FOX deal, SNY deal and production costs that have to play out to be valid. Also not sure I totally believe the annualized ticket sales for MBB. Maybe for year one. But ticket sales are going to be based on having a winning team no matter what conference you are in (in other words, if we sukk in the BE, we won't get as much of an incremental lift down the road and conversely if we were winning the AAC would it be that much different?). Inversely, I can't see us getting additional football buy game revenue in 2020 being independent and may have higher sell games just to complete a schedule. And I agree travel expenses will decrease but $1.75 million seems really high to me. I wonder how much of that is a spin by the UConn Administration.

Reaction Score
No way. It’s amazing so many fans still show up despite the horrendous product. If we ever start winning fans will come back.
I hope so. We need the fan base. Felt some life come back in the Illinois game. Crowd was into it... and then the sucky sucky started again after that game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom