Scheduling going forward | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scheduling going forward

Reaction Score
We need to fill in Army for 23 and 26. They get home in 23, we get home in 26.
In the next decade, plenty of USMA games are scheduled. Mutually convenient travel locations, but recruiting target area opponent or 2 could be helpful for UConn, e.g., DMV, GA, FL.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Asking this honestly, what do you base this on? Actual schedule openings or just your thoughts? I'm wondering how Ole Miss and Miss St are in the realistic H&H SEC group, yet Kentucky is a maybe?? I don't see how we ever get any of those SEC schools besides Vandy or Kentucky, to come to us. Also, why is Rutgers in the maybe group??

Like I said, if this is based on current schedule openings then that's a different conversation. But if it's not based on that, I think you have some wishful thoughts.
We have an upcoming home and home scheduled with Ole Miss. So we know we can schedule them. Miss State is their little brother so I believe we would be able to schedule them. The reason I have Kentucky in the maybe category is because they are improving rapidly as a program the last few years. We (and UMass) have had a home and home with Missouri before.

I base this on who we have scheduled going forward and who their peers are (as well as ours).

shizzle787

Reaction Score
In the next decade, plenty of USMA games are scheduled. Mutually convenient travel locations, but recruiting target area opponent or 2 could be helpful for UConn, e.g., DMV, GA, FL.
I think we need to play Army yearly. Same with UMass (I spit up a little saying that). We need natural regional rivalries.

Reaction Score
I think we need to play Army yearly. Same with UMass (I spit up a little saying that). We need natural regional rivalries.
Sure, only if other alternatives in richer recruiting target areas cannot be scheduled. We'll disagree respectfully, but games every single year with the USMA and UMass may grow old for ticket sales. For example, filling the empty 2003 and 2006 slots with a program other than Army may have merit. That's not a shot at the Black Knights, it's a recognition of potential recruiting opportunities and spicing up schedules versus same same every season for a decade+.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My wife just came in to say she saw a post on the Pitt football board (her alma mater) that there is going to be a future home-and-home vs Pitt. Anyone with confirmation on this?

Reaction Score
My wife just came in to say she saw a post on the Pitt football board (her alma mater) that there is going to be a future home-and-home vs Pitt. Anyone with confirmation on this?
Edsall mentioned them working on a Pitt series in a past interview a year or so ago. But here's a link UConn Home & Home? to a thread started on Pitt's Rivals premium site. I wonder if they caught it in Thamel's story too, since Uconn has never announced it as anything official, despite plenty of other future H & H's that have been.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Edsall mentioned them working on a Pitt series in a past interview a year or so ago. But here's a link UConn Home & Home? to a thread started on Pitt's Rivals premium site. I wonder if they caught it in Thamel's story too, since Uconn has never announced it as anything official, despite plenty of other future H & H's that have been.
Yeah, my wife sent me a link to the story, which included this tidbit:

Other home-and-homes in upcoming seasons include Maryland, Pittsburgh, Duke, Wake Forest, Buffalo, Temple, Ole Miss, Syracuse (again), Army (again) and North Carolina. UConn’s home games will be shown on CBS Sports Network through 2024, giving the program national exposure.e

If true, and if I'm still here, I will happily lead tours to breweries, good eats, etc. Hopefully even a tailgate, although those are notoriously difficult due to the parking situation.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
My dream is that we could play five schools every year:
Boston College
Syracuse
Pittsburgh
West Virginia
Rutgers

Unlikely, but that would be amazing. It would basically be like our first year in the Big East minus Temple.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This looks familiar... thanks for your interest in UConn athletics:
Lol
28F1BF6B-2C64-4831-BFE3-36EE152E55CC.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That one poster absolutely hates UConn.
Really It’s sad when a guy is so obsessed with the team he follows it from board to board trying to trash it. Pitiful, really.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I've adjusted my thinking slightly on scheduling. I still think we should play 6 P5 home and home series a year. I also think we should play Army and UMass yearly. I also think that we should play an FCS school yearly. For the other three games, I'm leaning toward three pay day games (2 at home against MAC schools and 1 on the road against a big dog). I get that there would be a financial deficit but if we have an extra home game the gap would likely be closed.

This would allow us to have 7 home games every year and give us 5 winnable games right off the bat (UMass, Army, FCS, 2 MAC teams).

Example:
1. @ Syracuse
2. Duke
3. Maryland
4. @ Indiana
5. Wake Forest
6. Akron
7. Holy Cross
8. Bowling Green
9. @ Army
10. @ Alabama
11. @ Boston College
12. UMass

shizzle787

Reaction Score
With the USF series locked in, we need 1 game for 22, 2 games for 23, and 3 games for 24.

Reaction Score
With the USF series locked in, we need 1 game for 22, 2 games for 23, and 3 games for 24.

If the UMASS AD is correct that we are playing them the next 10 years you can reduce all of your numbers by one.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
If Liberty goes to C-USA, an additional spot opens up for 2023. Does anyone have any guesses on our last home game for 22?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
it’s been alluded to multiple times in recent past, just no public announcement yet.
Can someone put in a FOIA request for this?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom