Schedule | The Boneyard

Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Outside of the home and home's with Louisville and Memphis, who else on the schedule really scares you? Assuming even a split with those 4 games or 1-3 at worst, its realistic that we go into the AAC tournament with 2-3 losses.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati always has the big bruising bodies down low which could be a problem especially on the road.

SMU seems pretty good.

Stanford, at Washington, and Harvard are probably equal to difficulty level as Maryland if not more difficult than BC. And those came down to the final seconds.

Reaction Score
Preseason I had 5 conference losses, Memphis, Louisville, Cincy and 2 out of SMU, Temple,USF and UCF.
SMU is decent and Temple can play tough at home, Fla. trips always scare me.

Reaction Score
I noticed Temple easily beat UAB who recently beat UNC. So who knows. That's why you gotta play and take every opponent seriously.

Florida trips have been dicey in the past, but it should be noted that USF lost to Detroit!

pj

Reaction Score
I don't think this team is going to lose many games to inferior teams, barring injury. They have depth and character, and Shabazz. 29-2 out of the regular season. 3 wins in the AAC tourney. #1 or #2 seed. Elite Eight. 35-3.

Reaction Score
We haven't played a road game yet. Let's see how they play in a hostile envir. Team rankings has us going 26-5.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
U of Maine Black Bears are the main concern this week...we are doomed, DOOMED for sure!

Reaction Score
We'll probably split with Louisville, Memphis, and maybe Cincy. I'm sure we'll lose at least one game we have no business losing (usually on the road), probably two or three with the way this team plays down to its competition at times. Two or three losses heading into the postseason seems incredibly unlikely unless this team gets much better.

Reaction Score
There are some very decent teams in conference on a given night, fans crazy because UConn is in town, will be amped and play out of their respective a**es........our guys will start to realize it won't be easy and will need to match some intensity levels as they visit new arena's.....not as easy as many would like it to be or think it will be.......

Reaction Score
kenpom has the SMU road game as a coin flip and the Cincy road game as 36%, so I would expect at the very least that those games will be tougher than most people expect.

I think anything less than 6 losses in conference would be a good result. Especially if we manage to take one of those Louisville games.

Reaction Score
Outside of the home and home's with Louisville and Memphis, who else on the schedule really scares you? Assuming even a split with those 4 games or 1-3 at worst, its realistic that we go into the AAC tournament with 2-3 losses.

Let's relax a little bit here.

Reaction Score
I don't think this team is going to lose many games to inferior teams, barring injury. They have depth and character, and Shabazz. 29-2 out of the regular season. 3 wins in the AAC tourney. #1 or #2 seed. Elite Eight. 35-3.
Well, you can't keep playing with fire against inferior teams and not, at some point, expect to get burned. A 29-2 record is on par with 1996, 1999, and 2006...and better than 2004.

While I hope you're right (other than the Elite 8--I want more), that's very optimistic.

Reaction Score
No team scares me but conference play does. New conference and everyone will be trying to make a name for themselves. Until then the target on our backs keeps growing and growing. We will not walk over our conference foes like some believe, we are not that great. We are a scratch and claw team, vulnerable on any night and more vulnerable in conference play. The key for us is that we have Bazz and they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom