Schedule??? | The Boneyard

Schedule???

Reaction Score
Don’t we usually know by now? I need to plan a Florida trip to see us play USF or UCF.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Is it really so that virtually the whole month of January is off?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think that, last year, it was released around September 13th.

You are correct. The 2017-2018 UConn women's BB schedule was released on Sept 13, 2017. If the timing is similar for the "finalized" schedule this year, the complete 2018-2019 schedule should be released by the end of THIS week.

UConn (and all of the other AAC conference members) must wait until the AAC Conference Headquarters finalizes and releases the schedule for conference games which THEY schedule. I just checked (2:02 pm edt) the AAC conference main website, nothing posted yet for 2018-2019. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
You are correct. The 2017-2018 UConn women's BB schedule was released on Sept 13, 2017. If the timing is similar for the "finalized" schedule holds true this year, the complete 2018-2019 schedule should be released by the end of THIS week.

UConn (and all of the other AAC conference members) must wait until the AAC Conference Headquarters finalizes and releases the schedule for conference games which THEY schedule. I just checked (2:02 pm edt) the AAC conference main website, nothing posted yet for 2018-2019. :cool:
Thanks for checking. I like to wait until times and TV channels are finalized before I print the schedule out.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thanks for checking. I like to wait until times and TV channels are finalized before I print the schedule out.

Me too. ;)

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Is it really so that virtually the whole month of January is off?

The one on the site still needs AAC games to be added to it :)

Reaction Score
Called the office today and a rep said by the end of the week.

A well, also waiting for the schedule that has the TV coverage listed - - anyone know when that might be out?

Reaction Score
RockyMTblue2, they want to know the conference schedule. They said they were planning a trip to Florida and wanted to see UConn play either USF or UCF. The conference schedule is not out yet.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
All games televised on SNY will be available live on ESPN3 for those who live outside the SNY broadcast footprint.

I take it when they say ESPN3 they really mean new pay scam ESPN+ for those of us without SNY.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
All games televised on SNY will be available live on ESPN3 for those who live outside the SNY broadcast footprint.

I take it when they say ESPN3 they really mean new pay scam ESPN+ for those of us without SNY.

While I feel your pain, it does cost a small fortune to provide a full crew and equipment to broadcast a live basketball game. ESPN is not a 501(c)3 corporation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
While I feel your pain, it does cost a small fortune to provide a full crew and equipment to broadcast a live basketball game. ESPN is not a 501(c)3 corporation.

ESPN is not hurting for revenue and already get a large portion of the money I donate to DirectTV every month. All they did was take already free content and slap a pricetag on it while proclaiming they are giving you something special and new which is inaccurate.

Also, the UConn games in question are simply SNY feeds. ESPN doesn't have to send any crew or equipment.

Reaction Score

I have been able to watch NCAA Football on Watch ESPN / ESPN3 without buying a membership or what ever... OR, is it different for BB ??

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I have been able to watch NCAA Football on Watch ESPN / ESPN3 without buying a membership or what ever... OR, is it different for BB ??

I'm not sure what all is free and what is ESPN+, but they have left a few sporting events in the free zone. I'm not holding my breath that UConn games will be among them, but I'd love to be happily surprised.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what all is free and what is ESPN+, but they have left a few sporting events in the free zone. I'm not holding my breath that UConn games will be among them, but I'd love to be happily surprised.
The NCAA FB games I've watched have been some "big name" teams (Alabama, Penn State, Ohio State...) so perhaps UCONN WBB still ok.. we'll see, but then again, the cost for ESPN+ account is only $4.99 per month from what I've found; to see our Team play it will be well worth it! ;)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

I believe ESPN3 or ESPN 360 is free. ESPN+ is the new addition to pick up additional games with some sort of subscription.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The NCAA FB games I've watched have been some "big name" teams (Alabama, Penn State, Ohio State...) so perhaps UCONN WBB still ok.. we'll see, but then again, the cost for ESPN+ account is only $4.99 per month from what I've found; to see our Team play it will be well worth it! ;)

If this is correct maybe there is hope. Perhaps Jim Fuller or Carl Adamec can look into this for us non SNY/east coast types.

Not all ESPN3 games are moving over to ESPN+. It looks like it’s based on whether the conference signs up for ESPN+. For now we can confirm the following college conferences have agreed to move to ESPN+: America East, ASun, Big South, Big West, Horizon, Ivy League, MAAC, MAC, MEAC, Missouri Valley, NEC, Southern Conference, Southland, Summit League, Sun Belt, and the WAC.

ESPN Is Moving Games From ESPN3 to ESPN+ - Cord Cutters News

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
ESPN is not hurting for revenue and already get a large portion of the money I donate to DirectTV every month. All they did was take already free content and slap a pricetag on it while proclaiming they are giving you something special and new which is inaccurate.

Also, the UConn games in question are simply SNY feeds. ESPN doesn't have to send any crew or equipment.

Point taken.

Just wondered why you haven't added the sports package to your DirecTV subscription as I have. It's only a few bucks a month and you can cancel after the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom