Schedule update | The Boneyard

Schedule update

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
9A74B991-4D9E-4C86-BEF5-88395505180A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Great matchup. Iowa State is pretty scary. Plays with 0 fear. Got better this off-season by adding shooters to a solid core. Will be a great test.

I kinda want to go but I'm truly bummed the other game is LSU vs Seton Hall. Kim Mulkey wyd?

Reaction Score
Great matchup. Iowa State is pretty scary. Plays with 0 fear. Got better this off-season by adding shooters to a solid core. Will be a great test.

I kinda want to go but I'm truly bummed the other game is LSU vs Seton Hall. Kim Mulkey wyd?
Mulkey ain’t never beating the weak OOC allegations

Reaction Score
Audi will only be a problem in the paint offensively. Defensively, anyone who even has the slightest bit of footwork can get around her. Audi is also incredibly slow on defense and on running to the other side of the court. Her slowness can be used to our advantage in transition. Our guards can outrun her back to halfcourt, where we can set up or just take it to the rim because Audi will still be getting to half court. Without a post player, Iowa guards will have to try and switch/get back on us, which leaves someone open for a drive and kick out.

Not to mention from the highlight video, Ice wasn’t bothered by her presence because she had faster footwork and more agility under the basket. Really, we should be worried about their sharpshooters in Hansford and Ryan.

Reaction Score
I remember studying that video. I think Ice didn’t guard Audi, but Audi mainly guarded her. Audi’s game has advanced since this video. I think Ice’s game has as well, but in less obvious ways given Geno’s emphasis on team defense.

Reaction Score
I remember studying that video. I think Ice didn’t guard Audi, but Audi mainly guarded her. Audi’s game has advanced since this video. I think Ice’s game has as well, but in less obvious ways given Geno’s emphasis on team defense.
I don’t think it’ll be Ice vs Audi though. More likely Sarah/Jana vs Audi. Jana has more finesse and speed than Audi, I’m not sure if Sarah is very fast, but she definitely has more skill. Either way, I think we can beat Iowa State because their pace has to be slow if their offense revolves around Audi (which is likely). Meanwhile, we can throw in KK and Aubrey to force the game out of their pace whenever we want, spontaneously, and throw them off guard for 5-6 minutes.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’ll be Ice vs Audi though. More likely Sarah/Jana vs Audi. Jana has more finesse and speed than Audi, I’m not sure if Sarah is very fast, but she definitely has more skill. Either way, I think we can beat Iowa State because their pace has to be slow if their offense revolves around Audi (which is likely). Meanwhile, we can throw in KK and Aubrey to force the game out of their pace whenever we want, spontaneously, and throw them off guard for 5-6 minutes.
It’s an excellent bit of scheduling, however the matchups work out.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Aubrey will be back by December 17, at least not 100%.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
A few random comments:

In prior years, this tournament has always been on a Sunday. This year, it is on a Tuesday. Huh. I suspect it is because we are playing USC on Saturday, December 21. Tough early season schedule, as always.

Typically, the matchups for this tournament have been interesting and competitive. Very disappointed that they went with LSU versus Seton Hall, which will be a typical Kim Mulkey early season blowout.

I have gone to this tournament for about the last five or six years and will definitely go to this one. Fun event. UConn season ticket holders can get better seats to this event than to any other.

Here is a stat for you - UConn is 41-1 overall at Mohegan Sun. Only loss was to Louisville December 2021, Caroline kept us in the game as long as she could, played all 40 and scored 24. Lots of our players out injured for that one, surprise, surprise.

Reaction Score
A few random comments:

In prior years, this tournament has always been on a Sunday. This year, it is on a Tuesday. Huh. I suspect it is because we are playing USC on Saturday, December 21. Tough early season schedule, as always.

Typically, the matchups for this tournament have been interesting and competitive. Very disappointed that they went with LSU versus Seton Hall, which will be a typical Kim Mulkey early season blowout.

I have gone to this tournament for about the last five or six years and will definitely go to this one. Fun event. UConn season ticket holders can get better seats to this event than to any other.

Here is a stat for you - UConn is 41-1 overall at Mohegan Sun. Only loss was to Louisville December 2021, Caroline kept us in the game as long as she could, played all 40 and scored 24. Lots of our players out injured for that one, surprise, surprise.
how did Seton Hall get into a HOF showcase even

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom