Schedule Plus... | The Boneyard

Schedule Plus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about next year's schedule yet ? We need to start making our plans, and so far the only thing we will be going to is the Duke game in Durham. We always went to either the Duke or Carolina games. We live about 40 miles from the Raleigh/Durham area.

How about the Thanksgiving holiday ? Anyone know if we are going to the Islands ? We had a blast in Bridgeport, but we are looking forward to Nashville next year !

Too soon to speculate ? Of course it is, but who can help it !
Lil Mo, Bria, Kaleena, Stewie, and Stef. We will bee so good and deep that we can put anyone in at anytime with no letdown ! Formidable, and I am excited !

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
No Islands, that's every fourth or fifth year.

Reaction Score
I have heard a rumor that they will be playing at Duke this year ... I live about 20 minutes from Duke so I will definitely be there. But that is just speculation. There is a report they will be playing at Maryland, as well.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
We will definitely be playing at Maryland and will almost certainly be playing at Duke.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The OOC road games next season will be Duke, Maryland, Penn State and Baylor.

Reaction Score
CD confirmed for me tonight that they would be playing "down here at Duke" this year!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
We play Ohio State in Springfield, Ma. on Sunday Dec. 1....time tba. There are 3 other games that day at the Civic Center....with Marist in one of them....they are the next highest profile team. The event is connected to the Hall of Fame....that building is close to the arena and very much worth a trip all by itself. I don't know if they are open on Sunday.

Tickets are not on sale yet...capacity is about 7500....hopefully they sell out with the 8 team field....UConn fans dominating of course.

Reminder: Springfield is bidding for the regionals in 2014....with the clear intent of having UConn placed there for the second weekend of the tournament.

We'll have the sight lines for our shooters all figured out after the OSU game!

Reaction Score
From an earlier thread our schedule is the following. I have added columns to show where the programs were ranked this year and Charlie Creme's preseason rankings. I looks like we will have about 8 games against Top 25 teams this year.

Massey Creme
Rating
NonConference
3 12 Baylor
4 2 Duke
5 4 Stanford
8 11 Maggie Dixon: Cal?
9 5 Maryland
13 19 Penn State
44 Ohio State
79 Boston U.
125 Old Dominion
134 Hartford
228 St. Bonaventure
243 Oregon
Conference
6 8 Louisville
32 South Florida
68 Rutgers
99 SMU
131 Temple
135 Central Florida
157 Cincinnati
158 Memphis
178 Houston

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
We play Ohio State in Springfield, Ma. on Sunday Dec. 1....time tba. There are 3 other games that day at the Civic Center....with Marist in one of them....they are the next highest profile team. The event is connected to the Hall of Fame....that building is close to the arena and very much worth a trip all by itself. I don't know if they are open on Sunday.

Tickets are not on sale yet...capacity is about 7500....hopefully they sell out with the 8 team field....UConn fans dominating of course.

Reminder: Springfield is bidding for the regionals in 2014....with the clear intent of having UConn placed there for the second weekend of the tournament.

We'll have the sight lines for our shooters all figured out after the OSU game!
KML and Breanna have played in Springfield before. :)

I am all over this game. Ellington is just a hop, skip, and a jump from Springfield.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
KML and Breanna have played in Springfield before. :)

I am all over this game. Ellington is just a hop, skip, and a jump from Springfield.
come scoop me up on your way

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Based in earlier posts in this thread and known home-and-home agreements (e.g., Duke, Stanford, Baylor, etc.), plus 2 games each with other AAC teams, it looks like this (to me, now):

Home OOC games (mostly in November and December): Stanford, Oregon, Hartford, St. Bonaventure. Total: 4.

Away OOC games: Baylor, Duke (both likely January or February on ESPN or CBS), Maryland, Penn State. Total: 4.

Neutral sites OOC: OSU in Springfield and somebody at Dixon Classic in MSG. Total: 2.

AAC conference games: 2X each (home and away) vs. Cincinnati, Houston, Louisville, Rutgers, SMU, Temple, South Florida, Memphis, and Central Florida. Total: 18.

Grand total: 28, possibly room for a couple more. Plus AAC Tournament.

I hope that for both men's and women's basketball that they schedule away games in clusters to ease travel time and cost. For example, teams from the east (UConn, Rutgers, Temple) could play a two game series at USF/UCF or Houston/SMU; similarly, teams from Texas or Florida might advantageously play two or even three games on a trip to the northeast. I hope someone is thinking about thisl.

Reaction Score
Kibitzer--I think you forgot about BU and Old Dominion which have been cited in earlier threads. Unfortunately that gives us 30 and thus makes it difficult to schedule ND or another top team next year. Even if one of our players gets injured, God forbid, I see only 7 games where we would be expected to win by less than 30.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Kibitzer--I think you forgot about BU and Old Dominion which have been cited in earlier threads. Unfortunately that gives us 30 and thus makes it difficult to schedule ND or another top team next year. Even if one of our players gets injured, God forbid, I see only 7 games where we would be expected to win by less than 30.

I acknowledge the oversight and concur with your assessment.

Notre Dame is history. Only way we play them is in the NCAA.

Attendance records will be broken in many venues (e.g., SMU, Memphis, and Houston) as a lot of people will pay a few extra bucks to take their families to see this very special UConn team and their charismatic coach.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The rumor has been Cal in the Maggie Dix

Reaction Score
I'd rather see any other ranked team on the schedule than ND at this point. For the next couple of years at least, UCONN will be a stronger team and much more of a draw, so why give ND anything. Let them earn a game in the NCAAs if they can.

Reaction Score
Just thinking....
There is a pretty good chance that when UCONN plays Duke we could be #1, and they could be #2 !

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just thinking....
There is a pretty good chance that when UCONN plays Duke we could be #1, and they could be #2 !
Probably even better than "pretty good". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom