Schedule for Mohegan Sun Bubble games | The Boneyard

Schedule for Mohegan Sun Bubble games

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been posted previously, but here's the schedule released so far by the Mohegan Sun:
UConn men: December 1 (Vanderbilt, 5PM, ESPN2), 3 (BYU or USC, 7 or 9:30, ESPN) and 5 (NC St. 2 PM, FOX Sports 2).
UConn women November 28 (Quinnipiac, 12:30 PM, Flosports), 29 (TBD, 9:30 or 3 PM, Flosports or ESPN) and December 4 (Louisville, 7 PM, ESPN).

Edit (link to the article): College basketball schedule: 'Bubbleville' at Mohegan Sun will include almost 40 teams and 45 games in 11 days

Wednesday, Nov. 25
St. Bonaventure vs. Towson
| 9:00 a.m. (FloSports)
Rhode Island vs. Stephen F. Austin | 11:30 a.m. (FloSports)
No. 5 Virginia vs. Maine | 2:00 p.m. (FloSports)
Florida vs. UMass Lowell | 4:30 p.m. (FloSports)
Empire Classic: No. 3 Villanova vs. Boston College | 7 p.m. (ESPN)
Empire Classic: No. 2 Baylor vs. No. 18 Arizona State | 9:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Thursday, Nov. 26 (Thanksgiving)
Rhode Island vs. Towson
| 11:00 a.m. (FloSports)
St. Bonaventure vs. Stephen F. Austin | 1:30 p.m. (FloSports)
Siena vs. UMass | 4:00 p.m. (FloSports)
Empire Classic third-place game: (Villanova, Boston College, Baylor, Arizona State) | 7:00 p.m. (ESPN)
Empire Classic championship: (Villanova, Boston College, Baylor, Arizona State) | 9:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Friday, Nov. 27
No. 5 Virginia vs. Florida
| 11:30 a.m. (ESPN)
Towson vs. Stephen F. Austin | 2:00 p.m. (FloSports)
UMass vs. Delaware | 4:30 p.m. (FloSports)
Central Connecticut vs. Maine | 7:00 p.m. (FloSports)
St. Bonaventure vs. Army | 9:30 p.m. (FloSports)

Saturday, Nov. 28
Hall of Fame Women's Challenge: Mississippi State vs. Maine | 10:00 a.m. (FloSports)
Hall of Fame Women's Challenge: UConn vs. Quinnipiac | 12:30 p.m. (FloSports)
Delaware vs. Siena | 3:00 p.m. (FloSports)
Hall of Fame Tip Off: Rhode Island vs. South Florida | 5:30 p.m. (WatchESPN)
Hall of Fame Tip Off: Virginia Tech vs. Temple | 8:00p.m. (ESPNews)

Sunday, Nov. 29
HOF Women's Challenge: Matchups TBD (Maine, Quinnipiac, Mississippi State, UConn) | 9:30 a.m. (FloSports)
UMass vs. Iona | Noon (FloSports)
HOF Women's Challenge: Matchups TBD (Maine, Quinnipiac, Mississippi State, UConn) | 3:00 p.m. (ESPN)
Hall of Fame Tip Off: Rhode Island vs. Temple | 5:30 p.m. (ESPN2)
Hall of Fame Tip Off: Virginia Tech vs. South Florida | 8 p.m. (ESPN2)

Monday, Nov. 30
Vermont vs. Buffalo
| 11:30 a.m. (FloSports)
Siena vs. Liberty | 2:00 p.m. (FloSports)
Boston College vs. St. John's | 9 p.m. (Fox Sports 1)

Tuesday, Dec. 1
St. Bonaventure vs. Vermont
| 11:30 a.m. (FloSports)
Legends Classic: BYU vs. USC | 2:30 p.m. (ESPN2)
Legends Classic: UConn vs. Vanderbilt | 5:00 p.m. (ESPN2)
Iona vs. Buffalo | 7:30 p.m. (FloSports)
UMass vs. South Florida | 9:30 p.m. (FloSports)

Wednesday, Dec. 2
Hall of Fame Tip Off: Vermont vs. Iona | 5:30 (FloSports)
Hall of Fame Tip Off: Drexel vs. Quinnipiac | 8:00 (FloSports)

Thursday, Dec. 3
Hall of Fame Tip Off: Albany vs. Drexel | 1:30 (FloSports)
Legends Classic championship: (BYU, UConn, USC, Vandy) | 7:00 p.m. (ESPN)
Legends Classic third-place game: (BYU, UConn, USC, Vandy) | 9:30 p.m. (ESPN2)

Friday, Dec. 4
Hall of Fame Tip Off: Albany vs. Quinnipiac | 4:00 p.m. (FloSports)
Jimmy V Women's Classic: UConn vs. Louisville | 7:00 p.m. (ESPN)

Saturday, Dec. 5
UConn vs. NC State
| 2:00 p.m. (Fox Sports 2)

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
From the information above, it appears that the second of the two initial games, as well as the UConn - Louisville game, will be on ESPN. That second game is the one at 3 PM on Sunday, November 29, and in all probability will be against Mississippi State.

So you/we are only dependent on FloSports for the Quinnipiac game (assuming that UConn doesn't lose to Quinnipiac!).

FloSports is a web site (I believe it charges a small fee), so you should be able to get it on your computer.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
There's a Web Site that posts replays of all UConn WCBB games. Do we know if they will post Flosport broadcasts? Is that site maintained by a Boneyarder?

Last edited:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
With the advance of technology, things get more complicated. Why can't we just turn on the TV, and turn to the station the game is on........same old thing: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
12.50 is a good price. last year to watch some of the thanksgiving tournaments it was $20.00. And don't count on a professional broadcast. OTOH I'll be so excited that the $$$ won't bother me.

Ditto. While I don't relish the thought of having to pony up some additional cash for season long access to UConn WBB (ESPN, FS1 & FS2, CBS Sports and SNY are not free), I'm really not happy about having to spend $12.99 to see this game. However, since I can't take it with me, I might as well enjoy it's pleasures while I'm here. I've waited too long to see that first game. I want to SEE it, not read about it. ;) A picture is worth a thousand words.

As JoePgh mentioned above, Sunday's game against the winner of the Mississippi State/Maine game will probably be televised on one of the ESPN channels. The Quinnipiac game may/may not be put on the "UConn Husky Games" website. There may be some copy right laws involved preventing that game from being posted there.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If the Quinnipiac game is put up, @MJL243 most likely will post the news on the BY. It is the usual M.O. if I recall correctly.

Reaction Score
12.50 is a good price. last year to watch some of the thanksgiving tournaments it was $20.00. And don't count on a professional broadcast. OTOH I'll be so excited that the $$$ won't bother me.

Read the reviews on FloSports one month subscription. What I saw is that they bill you for a full year when you sign up for the monthly. There were also reports of people having a hard time cancelling.
Their site didn give me pricing info without giving them my email and creating an account.

They do seem to have iOS and Roku apps now.
if I could watch the Q game for $15 I would, but I dont like the lack of price transparency.

Reaction Score
SNY has the UCONN vs. Quinnipiac Game on their schedule. So, if you get SNY on your Cable System, you can watch this game WITHOUT having to pay FloSports to watch it. Otherwise, you would have to pay FloSports to watch it.

1605492724286.png

Reaction Score
From the information above, it appears that the second of the two initial games, as well as the UConn - Louisville game, will be on ESPN. That second game is the one at 3 PM on Sunday, November 29, and in all probability will be against Mississippi State.

So you/we are only dependent on FloSports for the Quinnipiac game (assuming that UConn doesn't lose to Quinnipiac!).

FloSports is a web site (I believe it charges a small fee), so you should be able to get it on your computer.
ESPN+ sometimes will show women basketball games. I watch lots UConn games from ESPN+ last year. Hope we can watch this year.

Reaction Score
Read the reviews on FloSports one month subscription. What I saw is that they bill you for a full year when you sign up for the monthly. There were also reports of people having a hard time cancelling.
Their site didn give me pricing info without giving them my email and creating an account.

They do seem to have iOS and Roku apps now.
if I could watch the Q game for $15 I would, but I dont like the lack of price transparency.
I subscribed to FloHoops for 1 month a couple years ago to watch one of those Thanksgiving island tournaments. They didn’t bill me for a whole year. But it was difficult/awkward to figure out how to cancel on their website, and no way to phone them to cancel. Got some advice on the BY on where to find the magic “cancel” button and it worked OK.

Reaction Score
SNY has the UCONN vs. Quinnipiac Game on their schedule. So, if you get SNY on your Cable System, you can watch this game WITHOUT having to pay FloSports to watch it. Otherwise, you would have to pay FloSports to watch it.

View attachment 61343

As a sort of confirmation about TV for the game My Youtube TV recording service has the UConn-Quin on schedule to be recorded and so SNY has it on their schedule.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
With the advance of technology, things get more complicated. Why can't we just turn on the TV, and turn to the station the game is on........same old thing: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Umm, Monte, not sure what decade or half century you are referring to but the rabbit ears antennae could get you 3 stations, a house antennae could get you like 8 stations if you lived in NYC vicinity. Starting in 1979, with cable, you had to pay for additional channels. And that was only local stations except for a few super regionals like WGN or TBS, plus ESPN.
Now, people in Connecticut can see SEC, PAC12, BIGTEN, ACC depending on the streaming service they want to provide and oh, yeah, watch it on their phone or ipad.
But yeah, sure, I guess all services should be free to everyone everywhere....:confused:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

View attachment 61343

Thanks, glad to read this. I’ll go the SNY route and avoid the hassle with FloSports.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Well I guess I won't be watching UConn live until Dec 4th. Who the heck is FloSports?
Check FloSports on BBB. A lot of complaints about billing tactics. Many state once you sign up, they keep debiting your credit card, even if you cancel, and some people complaining that when they tried to cancel, they wanted a fee. Proceed with caution.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Umm, Monte, not sure what decade or half century you are referring to but the rabbit ears antennae could get you 3 stations, a house antennae could get you like 8 stations if you lived in NYC vicinity. Starting in 1979, with cable, you had to pay for additional channels. And that was only local stations except for a few super regionals like WGN or TBS, plus ESPN.
Now, people in Connecticut can see SEC, PAC12, BIGTEN, ACC depending on the streaming service they want to provide and oh, yeah, watch it on their phone or ipad.
But yeah, sure, I guess all services should be free to everyone everywhere....:confused:
8 years ago, I got all those channels, with Direct TV

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
8 years ago, I got all those channels, with Direct TV
Right and you paid for those services. As those initial deals of the channels expired and they had a market, they raised their rates. So I guess your point of wanting the same low price as 8 years ago is your complaint?

Reaction Score
If the Quinnipiac game is put up, @MJL243 most likely will post the news on the BY. It is the usual M.O. if I recall correctly.
IIRC, @MJL243 uploads the game replays to YouTube soon after the game ends and posts the news/link here on the BY. However, someone else takes the YouTube URL and creates the Replay link on the uconnhuskygames site. This can sometimes take a while to do. (Not being critical, just being honest. I have the utmost respect for the work that is being done by everyone involved in getting us each and every game replay.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Flo Sports used to offer a free trial rate. Not sure that is still true. But it was $29 per month...or so. If you forgot to cancel, however, it became an annoying expense. And, a year or two ago, it was not so easy to get out of. Maybe better now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom