Scattershooting from Waco (baylorprof) | The Boneyard

Scattershooting from Waco (baylorprof)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brittney is an enigma. Gentle Giant of a person off the court. Too quick a popoff valve on the court. For three years since the punch she's pretty well kept her emotional play level. Very unfortunate that after 4 years of good competitive blood between our two programs, now the bad blood.

No way to have those two lapses of control and NOT get the same response of criticism.

Glad Dolson is OK. I'm too close to the situation down here to make an objective statement on the potential ejection some say should have happened. But very glad Dolson showed a strong 40 minutes. I'd hope she does if we meet in New Orleans.

For Auriemma to vent as he did on his own team (postgame) as reasons for loss more than about the nocalls on Brittney or the imbalance of free throws is pretty saavy and level himself. Would expect nothing else. (same with most on your board today that I've had time to read).

Agree that the official under the basket on the second had as bad a split second judgement in doing her job (whistle/no-call) as Brittney did. She was 5 feet away looking right at it. Saw it, blew it (in more ways than one), froze doing it, and the split-second response got away from her--even if Mulkey was calling for a time out simultaneously and that was the reason for the whistle.

Hope to meet your guys again in New Orleans. Hope the Griner/Dolson matchup for three years can end there without more damage, to Dolson, Brittney or the game.

I saw four first team AA's on the court last night. And Diggins w0udn't be the fifth on a five player team. In the games we've played she seems to have disappeared as if she didnt' want the ball with game on the line--an automatic disqualifier for AA in my mind, no matter how many points she scores; if I saw her as often as you do, perhaps I'd feel differently. But IF Diggins is named, I hope we get a 6-some of first team AA's: Griner, Dolson, Sims, Lewis, Diggins, Ogwumuke. I don't get to watch Ogwumeke much. Would probably make her the 6th rather than leaving off either Sims or Dolson. DelleDonne gets bumped to 2nd team unless she is significant in early April. If it's only 5, and if Diggins has to be included, unless Sims or Lewis absolutely disappear themselves in March/April then someone deserving gets left off.

As with Mozart's symphonies and musical notes . . . "too many words."

Gotta go tend to the same family affairs that kept me in Waco this weekend. Thanks for letting me visit and scatter

Grace and peas until New Orleans

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Brittney is an enigma. Gentle Giant of a person off the court. Too quick a popoff valve on the court. For three years since the punch she's pretty well kept her emotional play level. Very unfortunate that after 4 years of good competitive blood between our two programs, now the bad blood.

No way to have those two lapses of control and NOT get the same response of criticism.

Glad Dolson is OK. I'm too close to the situation down here to make an objective statement on the potential ejection some say should have happened. But very glad Dolson showed a strong 40 minutes. I'd hope she does if we meet in New Orleans.

For Auriemma to vent as he did on his own team (postgame) as reasons for loss more than about the nocalls on Brittney or the imbalance of free throws is pretty saavy and level himself. Would expect nothing else. (same with most on your board today that I've had time to read).

Agree that the official under the basket on the second had as bad a split second judgement in doing her job (whistle/no-call) as Brittney did. She was 5 feet away looking right at it. Saw it, blew it (in more ways than one), froze doing it, and the split-second response got away from her--even if Mulkey was calling for a time out simultaneously and that was the reason for the whistle.

Hope to meet your guys again in New Orleans. Hope the Griner/Dolson matchup for three years can end there without more damage, to Dolson, Brittney or the game.

I saw four first team AA's on the court last night. And Diggins w0udn't be the fifth on a five player team. In the games we've played she seems to have disappeared as if she didnt' want the ball with game on the line--an automatic disqualifier for AA in my mind, no matter how many points she scores; if I saw her as often as you do, perhaps I'd feel differently. But IF Diggins is named, I hope we get a 6-some of first team AA's: Griner, Dolson, Sims, Lewis, Diggins, Ogwumuke. I don't get to watch Ogwumeke much. Would probably make her the 6th rather than leaving off either Sims or Dolson. DelleDonne gets bumped to 2nd team unless she is significant in early April. If it's only 5, and if Diggins has to be included, unless Sims or Lewis absolutely disappear themselves in March/April then someone deserving gets left off.

As with Mozart's symphonies and musical notes . . . "too many words."

Gotta go tend to the same family affairs that kept me in Waco this weekend. Thanks for letting me visit and scatter

Excellent and fair post, thanks, prof.

Reaction Score
Bummed you werent able to make it to the great nutmeg state for the game; was looking forward to your comments on your visit!

Reaction Score
Icebear,
I teach historical theology. Looking forward to checking out your blog when I have time.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Thanks for letting me visit and scatter Grace and peas until New Orleans

Well played, baylorprof.......

shatner-priceline.png

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Icebear,
I teach historical theology. Looking forward to checking out your blog when I have time.
Great area of study, systematics is more my cup of tea and being a parish mouse applied theology.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Thanks for the post. I appreciate your evenhandedness and am sure my fellow Husky fans do as well.

Totally even-handed regarding basketball, Griner, UConn and Baylor.

IMO, a bit harsh on Mozart.

Since he's no longer here to defend himself (and is there anything sillier than the notion that Mozart -- of all people! -- would either need to defend himself or want me to help him?), I'll look forward to meeting BaylorProf and taking the gloves off. Discussion limited to Mozart!;)

Reaction Score

An elegant statement...and we'd expect nothing less from a Baylor Prof...perhaps we'll all gain some perspective in time...Brittany most especially...!

As to the grace and peas in New Orleans...we were thinking more along the lines of fava beans and a nice Chianti... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom