SCar vs UConn ( Potential ) Rematch | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SCar vs UConn ( Potential ) Rematch

Reaction Score
This year‘s team is very different. Williams, Nelson-Ododa, Westbrook, and Bueckers will not be there from last year. We get Lopez Senechal, Fudd, Griffin, and Juhasz. Aaliyah and Nika are vastly improved. I would wager this team is better than last year’s. I look forward to them making it all the way to the finals.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is just going to play man.
Absolutely.... And their on ball defense as reflected in the ratings is off the charts.

I may be mistaken but I believe the 51% shooting by the Huskies on February 5th was the highest given up by the Gamecocks all year. And in spite of that terrific shooting the Huskies really didn't have a chance as they were crushed on the boards. USC had 25 offensive boards, six blocks, and in a really outstanding game never lost their composure.

While I'm hoping for a Hoosiers type miracle and if anyone can do that besides Gene Hackman it's Geno it's not in the cards this year.

Reaction Score
My mistake but she 16 minutes either way and that three were her only points of the game. Clearly not a healthy Fudd.

I don’t see how South Carolina won’t make the championship game. Boston is already teasing revealing her return after winning the championship. If players are that confident the fans must be even more so!
I am confident but there has been bigger upsets as you all know.

Reaction Score
I am confident but there has been bigger upsets as you all know.
I’m not sure there have been actually? Maybe on the mens side? I think if people canceled the tournament and gave South Carolina no one would put up a fight. Or at least not much of one.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure there have been actually? Maybe on the mens side? I think if people canceled the tournament and gave South Carolina no one would put up a fight. Or at least not much of one.
You are joking right. I would say most of the UConn fans believe they are better than SC since Azzi is healthy. Especially the ones on twitter. I am sure most will strongly protest. Louisville/Baylor, Miss State/UConn and Harvard/Stanford are up there as far as upset goes. SC will be favored but it would be single digits against Stanford, UConn, and possibly Indiana.

Reaction Score
You are joking right. I would say most of the UConn fans believe they are better than SC since Azzi is healthy. Especially the ones on twitter. I am sure most will strongly protest. Louisville/Baylor and Harvard/Stanford are up their as far as upset goes. SC will be favored but it would be single digits against Stanford, UConn, and possibly Indiana.
I meant schools/teams/media. Geno said he doesn’t expect UConn to get out of the first weekend this week on his show so I doubt they’d put up much of a stink. Idk other programs outlooks though.

Reaction Score
Maybe non-competitive fans on a couch like you wouldn’t care but you won’t find a player, coach, or real competitor that would ever concede a game or tournament without playing. Get serious.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is just going to play man.
Yes - if my post suggested otherwise that wasn;t the inetnt. I did make a comment about Muhl - a post somewhere someone suggested that Muhl was overplayed and the same could happen in this game. But an overplay is usually still man-to-man. I was j just suggesting that it be highly doubtful (i.e my comment : "try it . . .) that SC would do that overplay on specifically Muhl this time around if UCONN is healthy and they play in the finals.

Reaction Score
I tell myself not to think this far because there’s a lot of basketball to be played between now and that potential meet-up. Yet, here I am, this Saturday morning, reading the Boneyarders’ comments, and forcing myself not to engage in the dialogue. It’s truly a difficult personal restraint.
Go UCONN! Have fun while playing smart and staying healthy.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Some thoughts in my head, and in a spreadsheet (LOL) will stay there until we get further into the tourney, especially after reading the NYT article and McGraw's comments. ;)

Reaction Score
Why are they low probability IFs, or are you just hoping they are low probability ifs? Lou and Aaliyah both played like they were in January the last three games and Azzi was a couple of centimeters off her jump shot from being close to November form. If we make it to the sweet sixteen I'd put the odds around 70% chance of Azzi being back to early season form- at that point she would be back close to a month and have played 5 games of varying competition. The rust should be gone.

If we do meet South Carolina again it will mean that Azzi is back to November form which means it will be the toughest team South Carolina will have had to face all year. Fingers crossed we get the rematch.
Today more than a couple? :). Vermont defense? :).

Her defense was solid (although it is . . . Vermont), she boarded well (although...)

Reaction Score

Her defense was solid (although it is . . . Vermont), she boarded well (although...)
Her shots were in and out today. If you want to keep betting on Azzi not hitting wide open shots I wish you luck with that endeavor. Obviously the Spector of Azzi scares you for some reason. Not sure what that would be.

Reaction Score

Would it matter if she went 8-10 from 3? Then the talk would have been "It's just Vermont." Or . . . "She can't keep it up . . ."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom