SC freshmen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SC freshmen

Reaction Score
Wondering how long the concussion protocol will last for Rivers, and did she travel with the team and would she get any playing time in the tournament.

Hall has already developed into a dependable regular defensive player for the Gamecocks, and has shown capable perimeter jump-shooting. Feagin has only played limited minutes in 2 games, but is 5-5 in those games. She only has 1 rebound, though.....

Reaction Score
Wondering how long the concussion protocol will last for Rivers, and did she travel with the team and would she get any playing time in the tournament.

Hall has already developed into a dependable regular defensive player for the Gamecocks, and has shown capable perimeter jump-shooting. Feagin has only played limited minutes in 2 games, but is 5-5 in those games. She only has 1 rebound, though.....
Rivers is with the team in the Bahamas. She was in a pic that they posted before they got on the plane.

Reaction Score
Gonna probably need all hands on deck. The tournament did SC no favors with the game scheduling in regards to start times and quick turnarounds.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Gonna probably need all hands on deck. The tournament did SC no favors with the game scheduling in regards to start times and quick turnarounds.
It will help us with the SECT and NCAAT.

Reaction Score
I think both coaches will go with short benches today. I think they both want to win and be #1.

SC has been working on stuff (depth building, lineups)in the first few games, but I'm not sure you will see that today.

Reaction Score
I think both coaches will go with short benches today. I think they both want to win and be #1.

SC has been working on stuff (depth building, lineups)in the first few games, but I'm not sure you will see that today.
I, personally, think the opposite. I think both teams realize with the looming matchup in Jan that there is room to experiment early in the season and still maintain a 1 seed status. The Jan game means more as far as overall seeding in the tournament. I really think we'll see experimenting from both coaches testing out matchups and personnel groupings.

Reaction Score
I, personally, think the opposite. I think both teams realize with the looming matchup in Jan that there is room to experiment early in the season and still maintain a 1 seed status. The Jan game means more as far as overall seeding in the tournament. I really think we'll see experimenting from both coaches testing out matchups and personnel groupings.
Geno hasn't really played his bench much at all this early season. Somehow the alarm bells over freshmen not playing much have receded after that came to pass and UConn had an actual transfer. Funny that.

I think Boston, Henderson, Cooke, Beal will play longer than usual and Hall and Rivers play less.

Pending foul trouble of course.

Reaction Score
Geno hasn't really played his bench much at all this early season. Somehow the alarm bells over freshmen not playing much have receded after that came to pass and UConn had an actual transfer. Funny that.

I think Boston, Henderson, Cooke, Beal will play longer than usual and Hall and Rivers play less.

Pending foul trouble of course.
That's how I feel as well, I think most of the Oregon game was a push for more experience and resting players in the 2nd half more than trying to extend the lead. Henderson only played 24 minutes, I'm not sure she's ever played that little since starting. I expect tight lineups for both squads and I don't think either team will take it lightly.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
For all the talk of SC's freshmen along with UCONN's class, no one got any meaningful time today.

Reaction Score
For all the talk of SC's freshmen along with UCONN's class, no one got any meaningful time today.
yeah. They all need more time. I’m not sure if they’ll be there next matchup either. Unless both teams need them to have a bigger role.

Reaction Score
It's really early in the season and it's quite daunting to put someone out this early. I think both coaches stuck with what they know, no point in letting a freshman cost you the game and they get inside their own head.

Reaction Score
yeah. They all need more time. I’m not sure if they’ll be there next matchup either. Unless both teams need them to have a bigger role.

I think maybe just a little more but these teams largely are what they were with a little help.

Fudd probably should play more though SC picked on her defensively when she was in. I think I might live with that for longer spells for the offense if I were Geno. UConn hasn't managed to get to 60 in regulation vs SCar in three meetings. I think she will Starr shooting more by later in the year.

I think Rivers could still find some minutes she isn't getting now.

Reaction Score
lol yep looks like I was wrong. Cardoso was a factor, especially late in the game. Hall came in to relieve our starters with foul trouble but that was about it. I think the test will be if our youngins can gain Dawn's trust to play some relief minutes in the next game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom