SC freshmen | The Boneyard

SC freshmen

Reaction Score
Two of SC’s vaunted freshmen didn’t play against NC St and the other only played 8 minutes. Any injuries?

Reaction Score
Rivers will eventually slide into playing time, taking minutes from Beal at the 3. Johnson is being groomed to spell Henderson and Cook at the guard spots. Feagin will play in the games where pt is available but mostly will not get Major minutes this season, too many experienced bigs ahead of her.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I inquired in the highly inspired "Cardozo [sic] doesn't even start!" thread if there was going to be a new such SC trivium thread on the main UConn board after every single game. Before that it was something like "Cardoso scores 14 points in exhibition game!"

I guess the answer is not just one thread -- possibly multiple threads.

gordon-ramsey-oh-no.gif

I suppose the SC community can take it as a compliment that some folks are so weirdly obsessed.

Reaction Score
I inquired in the highly inspired "Cardozo [sic] doesn't even start!" thread if there was going to be a new such SC trivium thread on the main UConn board after every single game. Before that it was something like "Cardoso scores 14 points in exhibition game!"

I guess the answer is not just one thread -- possibly multiple threads.

View attachment 70908

I suppose the SC community can take it as a compliment that some folks are so weirdly obsessed.
Neither of which were opened by SCar fans - but we chickens do flock to "here chick -chick - chick " call.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
The freshmen are "one" game in. These freshmen are very good...but...the players who have been in the system for their third year are very good also. It was against a 5th ranked team and a road game. Lets readdress this after 10-15 games and see where it is at. To try to do this one game in is ludicrous.

Reaction Score
I thought blanket statements that our guards sucked in the face of all available evidence was annoying. Or portraying a 1 pt win in OT where two point blank looks near buzzer were missed as a dominant win by a far superior team.

But concern trolling over the playing time of our freshmen in game 1, a comfortable win, on the road vs a top 5 opponent is admittedly more annoying. Well done?

I mean lord have mercy worry about your own problems.

Reaction Score
I am a member of the Insiders Forum on GamecockCentral and the guy who reports on the women's team said that a flu bug ran though some of the players but he did not name who. That could be why Boston did not play as much and could be why some freshman never got in the game. But I totally understand why Dawn kept the rotation tight against a top 5 team ... flu bug or no flu bug!

Reaction Score
I am a member of the Insiders Forum on GamecockCentral and the guy who reports on the women's team said that a flu bug ran though some of the players but he did not name who. That could be why Boston did not play as much and could be why some freshman never got in the game. But I totally understand why Dawn kept the rotation tight against a top 5 team ... flu bug or no flu bug!
Interesting information. Don't mind me...I'm totally about to look at the minutes played and make assumptions about who was sick.

Reaction Score
Did they catch it from the Gator football players last Saturday?

Reaction Score
Dawn said postgame that it is a tough stretch of games to start the season. They probably will log more minutes later.

Reaction Score
We play an always tough South Dakota on the road next (tomorrow), then come home to play in-state rival Clemson, then go back on the road to play Buffalo in the Battle 4 Atlantis Invitational. After that they come home and play Elon, NC A&T, and Kansas State. By the end of those games they'll show hopefully how much they'll be able to contribute during the SEC schedule.....

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Ooph Raven Johnson went down clutching her knee--it buckled awkwardly while playing defense. Fingers crossed it isn't a dreaded ACL...was really looking forward to watching her play this year.

Reaction Score
And for those posters worried about our freshmen, all have gotten in the game except Saniyah(concussion). Raven wennt down with an apparent knee injury. :( I can hope it’s not serious.

Reaction Score
Oh jeez Raven’s injury looked pretty serious. Went down with no contact, looks like her left knee buckled in a REALLY awkward position. Scary reaction to hear her yelling in pain and continue to yell out in pain even after the commercial break. Hoping the best for her.

Reaction Score
Raven only played 1 minute before getting injured - she recorded 1 rebound.
Bree "Breezy" Hall played 11 minutes - scored 6 pts on 2-3 shooting, 2-2 from behind the arc - with 3 rebounds, 3 fouls, and 3 turnovers.
Sania Feagin played 5 minutes and scored 4 pts on 2-2 shooting, with 1 rebound, and 2 fouls.

Reaction Score
Oh jeez Raven’s injury looked pretty serious. Went down with no contact, looks like her left knee buckled in a REALLY awkward position. Scary reaction to hear her yelling in pain and continue to yell out in pain even after the commercial break. Hoping the best for her.
Yes didn‘t look or sound good.

Reaction Score
Yes continued prayers for Raven and her successful recovery.....

The freshmen will do well I am sure..... about Cardozo (sp?) there is always fascination about a WCBB player who is 6'7" Let her develop and see how she fits in..... oh forgot she is a sophmore self correct

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom