SBC deal for both UMass & UConn Football/MBB | The Boneyard

SBC deal for both UMass & UConn Football/MBB

Reaction Score
On the Sunbelt Conference board someone proposed a UConn & UMass FB/MBB scheduling agreement.

Something like this could make a lot of sense as an Indy. Not full membership, but trading games for games.

On a practical level, Benedict will probably have to get creative with something like this.

Yosef Himself

1st String

I wouldn't be wholly opposed to a UMass and UConn FB deal if they both offered several basketball games for the belt to get a RPI boost.

Not a FB membership, but maybe a deal with 2/3 FB games in exchange for the same amount of BBall games.

UMass is already scheduling SBC teams, UConn will too. Let's get some home BBall games to excite our fans.

Reaction Score
I'd probably rather buy games from the Sun Belt than agree to a scheduling agreement without football-only membership in the conference

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, I'm an hour from South Alabama and about two hours from Troy.

And they both have newer stadiums. Any time you get to play the 3rd and 4th best teams in Alabama, go for it.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
UMass traded a few basketball games to the MAC each year in combination for a football conference schedule. I would grant the Belt one home game (ours) in hoops in exchange for 3 football games.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
UMass traded a few basketball games to the MAC each year in combination for a football conference schedule. I would grant the Belt one home game (ours) in hoops in exchange for 3 football games.
I think this poster believes that we would send our basketball team to a sunbelt teams arena to play them lol. If we have to pimp out our basketball team in order to get any FBS football teams to schedule us than we are better off in the FCS.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
On the Sunbelt Conference board someone proposed a UConn & UMass FB/MBB scheduling agreement.

Something like this could make a lot of sense as an Indy. Not full membership, but trading games for games.

On a practical level, Benedict will probably have to get creative with something like this.

Yosef Himself

1st String

I wouldn't be wholly opposed to a UMass and UConn FB deal if they both offered several basketball games for the belt to get a RPI boost.

Not a FB membership, but maybe a deal with 2/3 FB games in exchange for the same amount of BBall games.

UMass is already scheduling SBC teams, UConn will too. Let's get some home BBall games to excite our fans.
Is this from Googling "UConn Football" and then for kicks clicking on page 85?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Well, I'm an hour from South Alabama and about two hours from Troy.

And they both have newer stadiums. Any time you get to play the 3rd and 4th best teams in Alabama, go for it.
I didn't know you were in Alabama. Sounds like you're around Dothan? I've been in Montgomery/Auburn/Birmingham for the past five years or so

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I didn't know you were in Alabama. Sounds like you're around Dothan? I've been in Montgomery/Auburn/Birmingham for the past five years or so

Lord no. I'm South and East of Bama.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sounds like FSU Country

I'm about 180 west of FSU. Western panhandle of Florida is a mix of FSU, Bama, Auburn, LSU, Gators and Georgia fans. I can tell which teams are doing well and which ones are struggling by looking at canopies on the beach and flags flying from hotel/condo balconies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think this poster believes that we would send our basketball team to a sunbelt teams arena to play them lol. If we have to pimp out our basketball team in order to get any FBS football teams to schedule us than we are better off in the FCS.

I think this is exactly what is going to happen. I'm fine with it in theory as well.

12 games is a whole hell of a lot of scheduling.

Reaction Score
I think this is exactly what is going to happen. I'm fine with it in theory as well.

12 games is a whole hell of a lot of scheduling.

We'll buy games before we give up multiple home basketball games to go to South Alabama and UL-Monroe. We don't have that many games to waste with a 20-game conference schedule.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We'll buy games before we give up multiple home basketball games to go to South Alabama and UL-Monroe. We don't have that many games to waste with a 20-game conference schedule.

We'll see, I'm not sure how they fill out a football schedule with FBS teams without arrangements like this on a tight budget. I would shoot for a similar arrangement with the MAC before C-USA or the Sun Belt obviously.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Reaction Score
We'll see, I'm not sure how they fill out a football schedule with FBS teams without arrangements like this on a tight budget. I would shoot for a similar arrangement with the MAC before C-USA or the Sun Belt obviously.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

No, you pay those teams to come play you, because giving up the road game in basketball is more expensive. This isn't that complicated.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This is dumb. We don't get bowl money but we trade basketball games and free RPI, yeah no thanks.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No, you pay those teams to come play you, because giving up the road game in basketball is more expensive. This isn't that complicated.

Looks like 1-off FBS buy games (of teams that we would be targeting) on the low end would be around $400,000, but could easily be around $800,000. SEC teams are paying nearly $2M in some instances.

I don't know what the gate for an early season men's hoops game is, but I would imagine it's less than that amount?

Since you're an expert and this isn't that complicated, I'll leave that one to you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom