SB Nation: UConn could have college football’s worst scoring defense since World War I | The Boneyard

SB Nation: UConn could have college football’s worst scoring defense since World War I

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
This week’s loss also brought us to dead last in Bill connellys S&P+ rating

Reaction Score
I don't think we'll break that worst since WWI record. Unless players haven't completely quit, I'd expect us to fare better latter half of the season against weaker opponents. This early schedule has been brutal.

Sorry if that disappoints the little turdstain that wrote that article.

Reaction Score
But we have a lot of freshman. And they are all slow and weak and too stupid to understand the defense.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The Rhody game damages that hypothesis, imo.
Rhody blasted Brown, it's a juggernaut. We might finish 5th in the Ivy League.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Completely overmatched speed, strength, fundamentals, technique, strategy, everything. Historically bad defense. Hope that these guys grow thick skin and then get after offseason S&C. Maybe an Alfred Fincher or Uyi Osunde will develop out of this group. Hopefully.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The deeper the hole, the greater our comeback!

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
129 out of 130 on CBS Sports weekly ratings. Only UTEP to go...

Reaction Score
After half a season, even young players should have grown up some! We’re not strong enough. Tackling is abysmal. The safeties/CB’s are put in ridiculous positions by a complete failure to pressure the QB by our D Line. And the dearth of strong and fast LBs is self evident. Marginal running backs resemble Moses at the Red Sea, running through gaping holes with unimpeded abandon. But that only speaks to the talent level of the players. Here’s the question. Does anyone think if Nick Saban (or Todd Orlando or Don Brown) was our D coordinator, this defense, however young, would be performing like this?

Reaction Score
After half a season, even young players should have grown up some! We’re not strong enough. Tackling is abysmal. The safeties/CB’s are put in ridiculous positions by a complete failure to pressure the QB by our D Line. And the dearth of strong and fast LBs is self evident. Marginal running backs resemble Moses at the Red Sea, running through gaping holes with unimpeded abandon. But that only speaks to the talent level of the players. Here’s the question. Does anyone think if Nick Saban (or Todd Orlando or Don Brown) was our D coordinator, this defense, however young, would be performing like this?
He is safe everyone.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
All of our best LBs in the past were beasts of people. Eddie Hahn is a former HS QB and still looks like a HS QB.

Reaction Score
There's nothing to say about this team anymore. We knew we'd be in for a rough year, but this is a whole different level of bad. We're not even close to competitive.

I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the youth, but you don't need to be an upperclassmen to hustle. There's no excuse for the poor effort in tackling on defense and that's a reflection of the coaching staff. Gang tackle. Hit someone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom