SB Nation Uconn Article | The Boneyard

SB Nation Uconn Article

Reaction Score
Hard to argue with the content in that article. Something we all know that this year is make or break in many ways

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not unreasonable, though he gets wrong--as so many do--the importance of the Adams shot. UConn was in before that shot. But so many here like to make it a thing, too, I'm not surprised.

Their vehement personal dislike of Ollie is so strong that they can't stick to deserved, legitimate reasons to criticize him -- they have to conjure new ones up out of thin air.

Reaction Score
Not unreasonable, though he gets wrong--as so many do--the importance of the Adams shot. UConn was in before that shot. But so many here like to make it a thing, too, I'm not surprised.
Their vehement personal dislike of Ollie is so strong that they can't stick to deserved, legitimate reasons to criticize him -- they have to conjure new ones up out of thin air.

Whether that particular fact is true or not, what isn't really arguable is that 2016 was a pretty disappointing year considering the talent we had on board. We were relevant for about a week and a half all year.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Whether that particular fact is true or not, what isn't really arguable is that 2016 was a pretty disappointing year considering the talent we had on board. We were relevant for about a week and a half all year.

Even if I disagree with you, what made you think that was what I was arguing?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Basically good article. I guess he didn't need to mention all that Ollie needed to overcome in 13, but no mention at all. I always felt that season was a triumph.
I did not remember great expectations for 14 either.
Clumping those years together with the problems that followed didn't ring true.
The rest is, unfortunately, true.

Reaction Score
Pretty honest article that captures where we stand today. I think that the upcoming season truly is make or break and if we are not in the Tournament come March it is highly likely that we will have a new head coach when the 2018-19 season begins. Ollie's Championship team had a very disappointing regular season and every team since has been substandard as well. Even pre-injuries last year's group showed no sign of going anywhere. I'm not sure whether the issues are identifying talent, getting it or coaching it or more likely all of the above. But a repeat of last season cannot be acceptable. I know the Ollie brigade will complain about this post fwiw but I think he is on the clock now. And he has an AD who has no connections to him and likely wants to bring in the guy who resurrects the program, and who has shown a willingness to do what needs to be done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom