Saylor Thriving at Arkansas | The Boneyard

Saylor Thriving at Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm happy to see Saylor finding a niche at Arkansas. Last game against Clemson, she played 38 minutes, scored 15 on 5-8 shooting with 2-4 on 3s and had 9 rebounds. Not far off a double-double. It looks like Mike Neighbors is pleased with whatever she's doing for his team.

this probably doesn't need a whole thread, but I know a lot of us wished her well when she transferred. Maybe it belongs on another forum, even. But I wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see it before moving it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You should learn to know your audience and the perspective. Saylor's mother threw UConn under the bus when her daughter left. She cited a lack of academic and school location issues and yet Saylor immediately chose Arkansas which also severely contradicted the complaints her mother made against UConn. As Arkansas has played 2 teams with a Massey rating less than 100 (#92 and #91 to be exact) and that Arkansas is a middling P5 school that should make the NCAAT but lose in the second round or sooner, sure, I am not surprised she is starting for this team. She was the #30 recruit but she just struggled as a UConn player and given her mother's comments, not so sure many of us are concerned with how she does.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
You should learn to know your audience and the perspective. Saylor's mother threw UConn under the bus when her daughter left. She cited a lack of academic and school location issues and yet Saylor immediately chose Arkansas which also severely contradicted the complaints her mother made against UConn. As Arkansas has played 2 teams with a Massey rating less than 100 (#92 and #91 to be exact) and that Arkansas is a middling P5 school that should make the NCAAT but lose in the second round or sooner, sure, I am not surprised she is starting for this team. She was the #30 recruit but she just struggled as a UConn player and given her mother's comments, not so sure many of us are concerned with how she does.

Her mom made the comments. Unless you can cite similar quotes from Saylor herself, why be so negative towards her? Otherwise, it seems to me that you're passing the sin of one onto the next generation.

Unlike some other boards, the BY has a great tradition of usually wishing former Huskies well in their next endeavors.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek:Your perspective seems rather jaded for this member of the audience!
Saylor arrived at UCONN mid pandemic, played a total of 32 Minutes for UCONN in entirely mop up minutes and was injured and unable to show for UCONN what she is now doing for Arkansas. Her mother comments on her departure were unfortunate but never to the point of not wishing Saylor well. You have severely misjudged your audience with this post- the Audience wishes continued success for Saylor.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I was a fan of Saylor because I lived in Frederick County, including the big city - Frederick, during the late 80s and 90s and was really, really sad to see her move on so soon. But I have found myself looking at the Arkansas box score when I see a game score.

Reaction Score
I'm happy to see Saylor finding a niche at Arkansas. Last game against Clemson, she played 38 minutes, scored 15 on 5-8 shooting with 2-4 on 3s and had 9 rebounds. Not far off a double-double. It looks like Mike Neighbors is pleased with whatever she's doing for his team.

this probably doesn't need a whole thread, but I know a lot of us wished her well when she transferred. Maybe it belongs on another forum, even. But I wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see it before moving it.
I wanted to post this earlier! Was happy to see it. She's going to be a problem. Maybe Arkansas will be too? Glad to see she's getting healthy.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Recently there were posts saying she was struggling. Now thriving. Seems like neither right now.

Shooting 30%, 21% on 3s and averaging 7.7 ppg. Rebounding well. Arkansas is 7-0 against less than mediocre opponents.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am glad she’s doing well, not enough to actually look for myself, but it’s good that she found a home that she’s more comfortable in.

It was definitely a bad look by her mom when she left, but to be honest I it is tough to care about it one way or the other, particularly when we seem to be in the starts of a special season

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score

Thanks for sharing this pleasant news. I am glad for Saylor.

As to her unfortunate choice in maternal parentage, well…
as Great Uncle Wilbur was wont to declare, and I paraphrase in deference to polite company, ‘May she immerse herself in what comes from the south-facing end of a north bound steed.’

Reaction Score
Her mom made the comments. Unless you can cite similar quotes from Saylor herself, why be so negative towards her? Otherwise, it seems to me that you're passing the sin of one onto the next generation.

Unlike some other boards, the BY has a great tradition of usually wishing former Huskies well in their next endeavors.
And the violins began to play ...

Reaction Score
Once they jump ship they are done. No kumbaya moments from me. Sorry not sorry.

Reaction Score
:eek:Your perspective seems rather jaded for this member of the audience!
Saylor arrived at UCONN mid pandemic, played a total of 32 Minutes for UCONN in entirely mop up minutes and was injured and unable to show for UCONN what she is now doing for Arkansas. Her mother comments on her departure were unfortunate but never to the point of not wishing Saylor well. You have severely misjudged your audience with this post- the Audience wishes continued success for Saylor.
And the violins continue to play ...

Perhaps some of the audience. Others may be ambivalent as is their right.

The woman in question is no longer a UCONN student-athlete. I couldn't care less what she's doing at Arkansas and I concur with DefenseBB's comment.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Fan’s that have been around some decades will recall Geno’s desire that UCONN WBB fan’s be WBB fan’s 1st and UCONN fans 2nd. Applaud Excellence no matter what!

One of my favorite memories was when Coach called timeout and grabbed the announcer’s microphone at the end of a North Carolina game where Ivory Latta just finished torching us and implored the UCONN fans to stand and applaud her for one of the best performances the building had ever witnessed.

Postgame Ivory was so appreciative of the recognition, it happened to be the only standing ovation she received in her collegiate career and it happened as a visiting team member that had beaten UCONN.

This Program has exuded a combination of Competitiveness, Winning, Sportsmanship and Class. I am always proud to be a fan, I recommend staying aligned with the programs standards instead of lowering to the fan profile other teams fans follow…

Indifferent, ill will and vindictive aren’t traits that exemplify a fan base considerate and thinking adults should strive to emulate…

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Indifferent, ill will and vindictive aren’t traits that exemplify a fan base considerate and thinking adults should strive to emulate…
Thank you for those wise words. I shall strive to keep them in mind whenever I think of teams not named Tennessee. :rolleyes:

Yes, I have my dearly held flaws.

Reaction Score
Saylor is a good player. Wish her well. Glad she's gone and happy she has found a soft place to land. Not a fan of her mom. Don't have inside info but one has to assume what her mom said came from Saylor herself. I remember PB going out of her way to get Saylor shots in mop up duty. Her mom's comments sting and didnt make any sense, but at I'm not too bothered either way at this point.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I checked her stats a few hours ago, and she was shooting about 27% overall, and 23% from behind the arc. I am wishing her well though, it's funny that it just came to me to check since I haven't seen anything about her and the team hasn't been on the tube.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Saylor is a good player. Wish her well. Glad she's gone and happy she has found a soft place to land. Not a fan of her mom. Don't have inside info but one has to assume what her mom said came from Saylor herself. I remember PB going out of her way to get Saylor shots in mop up duty. Her mom's comments sting and didnt make any sense, but at I'm not too bothered either way at this point.
That would be a very poor assumption. Saylor could not have been more gracious on her departure from UCONN.

"After talking to my family, I decided it's in my best interest to enter my name into the transfer portal," Poffenbarger said in a statement. "I'm grateful for my teammates, coaches, support staff and the fans for welcoming me to Storrs, and I wish them the best."

Reaction Score
That would be a very poor assumption. Saylor could not have been more gracious on her departure from UCONN.

"After talking to my family, I decided it's in my best interest to enter my name into the transfer portal," Poffenbarger said in a statement. "I'm grateful for my teammates, coaches, support staff and the fans for welcoming me to Storrs, and I wish them the best."

so her mom says saylor wasnt happy but didnt get that info from her own daughter. i guess she just made it up then....

of course saylor was going to be gracious. mom told us how she really thought. you are very naive to think otherwise.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saylor is playing a lot and seems to be happy. She’s rebounding well, but shooting poorly. Let’s see how she’s doing later in the season.

Reaction Score
Saylor herself has made a few subtle jabbing comments here and there on social media about her experience/departure from UConn. However, I’m happy she has found a home at Arkansas.

Reaction Score
Fan’s that have been around some decades will recall Geno’s desire that UCONN WBB fan’s be WBB fan’s 1st and UCONN fans 2nd. Applaud Excellence no matter what!

One of my favorite memories was when Coach called timeout and grabbed the announcer’s microphone at the end of a North Carolina game where Ivory Latta just finished torching us and implored the UCONN fans to stand and applaud her for one of the best performances the building had ever witnessed.

Postgame Ivory was so appreciative of the recognition, it happened to be the only standing ovation she received in her collegiate career and it happened as a visiting team member that had beaten UCONN.

This Program has exuded a combination of Competitiveness, Winning, Sportsmanship and Class. I am always proud to be a fan, I recommend staying aligned with the programs standards instead of lowering to the fan profile other teams fans follow…

Mixed reactions.

While I agree with applauding excellence when excellence is demonstrated, I totally disagree with "no matter what".

You're free to follow whatever recommendations you feel are appropriate for yourself, but please don't tell me what I should do.

Indifferent? In whose perspective? Yours or mine? As for what you think adults should strive to emulate once again you're free to emulate whatever you choose. I'll keep my own counsel. If you choose to be a member of the sheeple people that's your choice.

I found Saylor's mother's comments at the time to be despicable and the daughter to my knowledge said nothing publicly to disagree with the mother which I interpret as agreeing with her. After blasting education at UCONN, Saylor chose to enroll at that exemplar of higher education in Fayetteville. Quite a contradiction.

BTW, I am an adult and I think very clearly and rationally.

Reaction Score

It is always nice for a positive "second change" story. Saylor is beginning to find her rhythm.... The
Razorback are fortunate to have her, and vice versa!

Reaction Score
A kid makes a decision to change schools/athletic programs. An attempt to make a better life for themselves. This is no different than an adult making a job change to make a better life for themselves. She was always going to be an underdog here and lots of BYs like the underdog. I appreciate the OP. I was looking at boxscores last week myself. Vanderbilt too. If you know you don’t like or care about Saylor, I’m sure we are all glad to know this. Of course y’all probably aren’t here reading this right now,as it would be a waste of time, which seems to be appropriate since there is nothing in this thread of interest to you. I skip many threads that don’t interest me. This OP isn’t even about a game, a strategy, a play Geno called that didn’t work, etc. Maybe I’m getting old.

Reaction Score
And the violins continue to play ...

Perhaps some of the audience. Others may be ambivalent as is their right.

The woman in question is no longer a UCONN student-athlete. I couldn't care less what she's doing at Arkansas and I concur with DefenseBB's comment.
You cared enough to click on a thread about her and comment about her. It sounds like you could care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom