Saylor recovering from hip surgery | The Boneyard

Saylor recovering from hip surgery

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Per today's Frederick News Post: Saylor had hip surgery in April. She is rehabbing and recovering well. Geno and staff are aware.

As I am new to the BY (been lurking awhile) someone who knows their way around the technology can post the link to the story.

Reaction Score
Suspected something like this for awhile. She didn't seem to move as well in videos from this season as compared to her sophomore year videos. Hopefully everything turns out well and this doesn't become an on going problem for her..

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw Saylor play 3x last season, and she looked really good to me. Similarly, I recall that both Phee and Crystal looked pretty damn good before they had hip surgery. I noticed at least 1 crutch in a few of Saylor's photos this spring, but I suspected it was some issue that was under control. I believe that I read previously that she had had hip surgery after the season. Best wishes to Saylor!! If there is a season and fans are allowed, I'll be up at Middletown watching and supporting her. Less than 5 months to signing day!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Wow nice start MdStang, first post is starting a thread and getting lots of love. Welcome and way to go!

Napheesa also had a torn hip labrum that was operated on after her freshman season. I remember we were all shocked on the Boneyard, had no idea she was dealing with that. I guess that worked out pretty well for her, as she had a monster sophomore season.

I am really looking forward to Saylor lighting it up for UConn. She has what it takes. The future is very bright!

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Per today's Frederick News Post: Saylor had hip surgery in April. She is rehabbing and recovering well. Geno and staff are aware.

As I am new to the BY (been lurking awhile) someone who knows their way around the technology can post the link to the story.
Welcome to the Boneyard! :)

You currently have a ratio of "likes" to "posts" of 18:1 (and counting). Very impressive!! I guess it's all downhill from here--unless you hear that a certain elite shooter from Falls Church has told Geno, "Yes."

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The article says she was named Ms Maryland Basketball. While playing on one hip. It's kind of reminiscent of Lou being a first-team all-American on one ankle.

I also like that she averaged almost four assists on the U16 team last year.

She's got the shot, the size, the court vision, and now we know the toughness. I love this kid and can't wait to see her in Storrs.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
The article says she was named Ms Maryland Basketball. While playing on one hip. It's kind of reminiscent of Lou being a first-team all-American on one ankle.

I also like that she averaged almost four assists on the U16 team last year.

She's got the shot, the size, the court vision, and now we know the toughness. I love this kid and can't wait to see her in Storrs.
Just a note on the Ms Maryland Basketball award. This is for public school athletes. Great honor for a junior but keep in mind that seniors Mir McLean (UConn) and Angel Reese (Terps) were private school players this year.

Reaction Score
Just a reminder of who we have coming to Storrs next year.
Screenshot_20200626-173702_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Just a reminder of who we have coming to Storrs next year.
View attachment 55823
Somewhere between 11/11/2020 and 11/18/2020, we may be learning about an early signing [National Letter of Intent] of the #1 ["the one who is not to be named" on a different thread] to UCONN to make it FOUR of the top TEN, but the media will still say UCONN does NOT have the #1 recruiting class...

Can hardly wait for the "Who starts in 2021-2022 thread?"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just a note on the Ms Maryland Basketball award. This is for public school athletes. Great honor for a junior but keep in mind that seniors Mir McLean (UConn) and Angel Reese (Terps) were private school players this year.
Mir was the Maryland Gatorade POY for 2019-20.

Reaction Score
Wow!!

Are you kidding me?
ESPN's HoopGurlz is the outlier when it comes to ranking the 2021 UConn recruits. ASGR has them at #4 AD, #10 SP and #16 CD. (With as #1).
A consensus ranking, using the top 4 services, has UConn 2021 class with 2 (Possibly 3!) top 10 recruits and the 3rd (or fourth!) in the top 20.
ASGR 2021 Top 75

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom