Saylor Poffenbarger update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger update

Reaction Score
Maybe.... and just a maybe... if Saylor had not come in as an early H.S./ January Year player she and her
mom would not have had the High Expectations and ?? disappointments (of what, I am not sure), and she might have stayed
in Storrs.

A lot of should of, could of, would ofs there. There's no way to predict the situation would have been any different had she not enrolled early.

Reaction Score
Saylor pulled down 13 boards today. Not her best shooting game but she was active on the boards and the defensive end.

Reaction Score
I remember Poffenbarger not being able to hit the broad side of a barn while at UConn. I'm happy for her success at Arkansas, but she wasn't going to get much (if any) playing here. So, at the time she (or her Mother) made the right decision.

Reaction Score
I remember Poffenbarger not being able to hit the broad side of a barn while at UConn. I'm happy for her success at Arkansas, but she wasn't going to get much (if any) playing here. So, at the time she (or her Mother) made the right decision.
I actually think she would fit great on this team from a basketball standpoint at least this year. Her rebounding would be great and her versatility and size would be an asset. I'm really not sure what happened to her shooting. Admittedly I didn't follow her in high school but I thought that was one of her skills. Anyways like u stated I'm happy for her success at Arkansas.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure she had the maturity as a freshman to acknowledge that my team needs rebounding and that's what I'm going to focus on. If my shot isn't happening.. we have to realize she's now a few years older.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Auriemma doesn't decide playing time based upon whether or not he likes peoples parents. In any event, was there any evidence, whatsoever, that Mrs. Poffenberger was problematic until she made some unfortunate comments after Saylor left the team?

Regardless, why even go there. Saylor is doing well with her new team. Just feel happy for her, or not, and move on.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
15 boards tonight in a loss to Kentucky on the roaf.
Played all 40 minutes and also had 3 blocks and 3 steals.
But she had a miserable shooting night, 2-11 FG and 0-5 from 3.

Arkansas was 4-27 from 3 as a team. They live and die by it, and lately it's been more the latter.

Reaction Score
Played all 40 minutes and also had 3 blocks and 3 steals.
But she had a miserable shooting night, 2-11 FG and 0-5 from 3.
She also shot 2-11 in the previous game as well.

Shooting isn't her thing but she shoots much better when she plays less than 30 minutes.

1704428599380.png

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I watch Arkansas just to watch Saylor play. In every game I have watched, she has shot poorly but, she has rebounded well. She looks taller. If she starts hitting her shots, she will be a big help for Arkansas.

Reaction Score
I watch Arkansas just to watch Saylor play. In every game I have watched, she has shot poorly but, she has rebounded well. She looks taller. If she starts hitting her shots, she will be a big help for Arkansas.
She's got a good motor. Good size and fairly athletic. Does she just shoot hard shots? I'm always perplexed by her percentages.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
She's got a good motor. Good size and fairly athletic. Does she just shoot hard shots? I'm always perplexed by her percentages.
No, some of her shots are open. I wonder why her accuracy is so low.

Reaction Score
No, some of her shots are open. I wonder why her accuracy is so low.
It's very odd to me. I've watched her play several times the last two years. Her form is good, and she doesn't force up crazy, contested shots. She just doesn't seem to have any touch on her shots. She's a big, strong kid. I've wondered if her body has changed, and she's just having problems adjusting. You guys would know much better than me. Is she a lot bigger and stronger than before?

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
It's very odd to me. I've watched her play several times the last two years. Her form is good, and she doesn't force up crazy, contested shots. She just doesn't seem to have any touch on her shots. She's a big, strong kid. I've wondered if her body has changed, and she's just having problems adjusting. You guys would know much better than me. Is she a lot bigger and stronger than before?
She looks like she is bigger. I don't know about stronger.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Through 16 games (12-4 record), here are Saylor's stats:

10.4 ppg and 12.9 rpg (2nd in the nation)

27 assists, 26 TOs, 30 steals, 25 blocks

Shooting .343/.309/.683.

Reaction Score
Through 16 games (12-4 record), here are Saylor's stats:

10.4 ppg and 12.9 rpg (2nd in the nation)

27 assists, 26 TOs, 30 steals, 25 blocks

Shooting .343/.309/.683.
An “unexpected” way of achieving a double-double, at least from what was expected of her at UConn. Who knew???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom