Saylor Poffenbarger cleared to play for UConn women, Paige Bueckers recovering from ankle injury and more news and notes | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger cleared to play for UConn women, Paige Bueckers recovering from ankle injury and more news and notes

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By ALEXA PHILIPPOU HARTFORD COURANT JAN 27, 2021 AT 6:00 AM

"The Huskies face No. 19 Arkansas (11-6, 2-5 SEC) Thursday evening, their second of three SEC opponents this season, and their third meeting against a ranked team.

Arkansas presents a different challenge than Tennessee did last week. The Razorbacks are a guard-heavy team — Auriemma said perhaps the best in the country — that can shoot the 3-ball well and get to the free-throw line. They’re led by a trio of fifth-year seniors in Destiny Slocum, Chelsea Dungee and Amber Ramirez, quite the contrast to UConn’s freshman-dominant squad.

Christyn Williams, the Little Rock, Ark., product has a host of family, friends and old teammates set to descend upon Fayetteville for the matchup. In fact, she said she has had so many requests for tickets that she has had to turn people down. The status of UConn’s home-and-home series with Little Rock (initially set to be Williams’ homecoming game) is undecided as of now." This may be Christyn's homecoming game.

Big East Conf. announces schedule changes, none involving UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Awesome. Thanks for sharing the article with us. Glad that Saylor is cleared to play and Paige is doing better with that ankle. Still got prayers going out for my favorite player, Anna, and her leg injury. Speedy & safe recovery.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Hopefully the faithful won't be too bummed out when she doesn't play Thursday. Being cleared and being ready are two different things. No rush.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Guessing she will room with Mama E. Her group was 3 while Liv and CW's groups were 4.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have no expectations. Just want her not overwhelmed when her moment comes.

Geno and company will determine when she's ready.
I have large expectations for Saylor-over the next 4.5 years. She doesn't seem like the type to get overwhelmed. Geno will decide when to put her in a game but Saylor will be the one that determines how ready she is by her preparation. This kid is a worker deluxe!

Reaction Score
if Paige can't play, Saylor might get thrown into the fire. Screw all the "oh but it's not fair to.." crybabies lol

Reaction Score
I wonder how good Saylor will be, but her not getting in the game is a bit of concern to me, if Azzi had only 2 days to practice with the team, I’m sure she would have gotten some minutes last night, Fudd could also eat at the minutes of Williams next year, no way she would have been 0 for 5 from deep last night.

Reaction Score
I wonder how good Saylor will be, but her not getting in the game is a bit of concern to me, if Azzi had only 2 days to practice with the team, I’m sure she would have gotten some minutes last night, Fudd could also eat at the minutes of Williams next year, no way she would have been 0 for 5 from deep last night.

Azzi was regarded as the best player as a sophomore (over jr's and sr's) than anyone else. I don't understand why you'd be surprised with Azzi 2 days vs Saylor. It's sort of one-of-kind/ extreme extreme rare what Azzi had accomplished, isn't it?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I can see Saylor playing the KLS Freshman role. Stand outside the 3 pt line and wait for the ball, then let er rip.

Reaction Score
Why would you expect a high school kid to play against 5th year college seniors? Give a week or two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom