Say what you will, but least we aren't UCLA... | The Boneyard

Say what you will, but least we aren't UCLA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCLA follows up it's embarrassing blowout loss to Loyola Marymount with another blowout home loss to that old Blue Blood, Middle Tennessee. Getting blown out at home by 20 pts probably wasn't the best way for UCLA to get its season back on track. Certainly shows how credible those supposed "basketball analysts" are with their pre-season ratings. I know UCLA was 17th in the AP poll, but I'm pretty sure an ESPN analyst had them as one of their FF selections. Not that it matters, it's just a little ironic.

Our wins might not be the prettiest, but as UCLA proves, a win should never be taken for granted.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if the BE ever lost its bcs bid, i would argue the pac shoul lose its ncaat bid:). its AZ(who has come back) and 11 teams. 2nd place team in the pac doesn't finish top 8 in the BE.

Reaction Score
UCLA follows up it's embarrassing blowout loss to Loyola Marymount with another blowout home loss to that old Blue Blood, Middle Tennessee. Certainly shows how credible those supposed "basketball analysts" are with their pre-season ratings. I know UCLA was 17th in the AP poll, but I'm pretty sure an ESPN analyst had them as one of their FF selections.

AP 17, USA Today 20.

I know people have problems with KenPom's pre-season predictions but he had UCLA at #46, so it seems some people knew UCLA wouldn't be that great. They've plummeted all the way to #93 now too.

Reaction Score
UCLA is now rewarded and out to the Maui Invitational the Bruins go!!!!!!!!! Think about it they lose to MTS who is categorized as a mere "Mainland Team" and simply because UCLA is designated as an "Island Team" they get the beautiful trip to Hawaii. UCLA loses in the first round of the "regional games" and the team will be sneaking off to the Paradise Cove Luau between games!! I am so glad MTS clocked these guys. Now UCLA gets Chaminade and the winner or loser of Kansas/Georgetown. Good thing they don't open against Memphis or even Michigan! They get Chaminade!! :eek:

All this doesn't mean UCLA won't compete/win a conference championship.

Reaction Score
What is the deal with UCLA anyway? They had that great run of 3 FFs, but these are sandwiched with some pretty awful years.

And what about Howland? Pitt fans must be grinning.

Reaction Score
UCLA is now rewarded and out to the Maui Invitational the Bruins go!!!!!!!!! Think about it they lose to MTS who is categorized as a mere "Mainland Team" and simply because UCLA is designated as an "Island Team" they get the beautiful trip to Hawaii. UCLA loses in the first round of the "regional games" and the team will be sneaking off to the Paradise Cove Luau between games!! I am so glad MTS clocked these guys. Now UCLA gets Chaminade and the winner or loser of Kansas/Georgetown. Good thing they don't open against Memphis or even Michigan! They get Chaminade!! :eek:

All this doesn't mean UCLA won't compete/win a conference championship.

In the PAC 20 this is probably considered a successful start. Arizona is probably the only legitimate team in the entire joke of a conference. Have to love the fact that UCLA is even ranked last in its own conference.

Reaction Score
In the PAC 20 this is probably considered a successful start. Arizona is probably the only legitimate team in the entire joke of a conference. Have to love the fact that UCLA is even ranked last in its own conference.
In a strange kind of way I am really looking forward to the Arizona /St. John's match up tomorrow night @ the Garden. God'sgift and his 90ish inch wing span are off to a solid start for the Johnnies. Hard to believe Pierre Jackson was a better JC player than Achiuwa. Anyway predicted 12th place in BE St. John's against Zona. Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom