Say It Aint So Espn | The Boneyard

Say It Aint So Espn

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does this mean Morgan gets on the wall? Isn't the requirement that the player be named to a national all-American list?
Yes, ESPN may count, but it's only for FIRST-team AAs, so the groups that name 10 players make it easier. She's in the top 10 here, but not first team.

Though the panel consists of only 3 people, it's interesting that there were 3 unanimous picks for 1st team: A'ja Wilson, Stewie, and Moriah.

Reaction Score
So exactly who on this list does Courtney Williams replace? She's no better than Sydney Wiese and she didn't make it either.
Any guard not named Moriah. Geno has stated she is the hardest player to stop that UCONN played this year and compared her to Jewel Lloyd, and I agree with him. Best rebounding guard in the nation.... and second isn't even close. Almost impossible to block with the wide array of shots she has. IMHO she has a complete game.

Reaction Score
Does this mean Morgan gets on the wall? Isn't the requirement that the player be named to a national all-American list?
Must be on the WBCA 10-person AA team. Will be announced during the tournament

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is the WBCA list from last year. It was formerly known as the State Farm and Kodak AA list.

Brittany Boyd, California
Nina Davis, Baylor
Moriah Jefferson, Connecticut
Samantha Logic, Iowa
Jewell Loyd, Notre Dame
Tiffany Mitchell, South Carolina
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Connecticut
Breanna Stewart, Connecticut
Elizabeth Williams, Duke
Amanda Zahui B., Minnesota

Isn't there another fairly major 10-player list? The AP First Team has only 5 players on it.

Reaction Score
So exactly who on this list does Courtney Williams replace? She's no better than Sydney Wiese and she didn't make it either.

You act as if that is a hard decision. Take the blinders off and you just may see better.

Reaction Score

I hope Morgan does get on the wall. And make the 10 finalist All American when they line up at the Final Four.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Any guard not named Moriah. Geno has stated she is the hardest player to stop that UCONN played this year and compared her to Jewel Lloyd, and I agree with him. Best rebounding guard in the nation.... and second isn't even close. Almost impossible to block with the wide array of shots she has. IMHO she has a complete game.
Powers of Michigan State was the best rebounding Guard in the country not Williams. It was a tough call but Courtney fell below the line along with Kelsey Minato, Ariel Powers, & Sydney Wiese. OK IMO.
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-women/d1/current/individual/103/p2

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Have you seen Sydney Wiese play?

Reaction Score
It is a tough year competition-wise for guards. I have seen Wiese play live, but only once--and I also saw Kelsey Plum, who impressed me more.
But I would take Courtney Williams over either. She is really really good.

Reaction Score
It is a tough year competition-wise for guards. I have seen Wiese play live, but only once--and I also saw Kelsey Plum, who impressed me more.
But I would take Courtney Williams over either. She is really really good.

Courtney Williams jump shot is water. And if your an WNBA TEAM thirsting for a true (off the dribble in your face) type of guard. Then gone quench your thirst. Take a sip of the Fresh Palm Spring of Florida.

Reaction Score
Or better get the best of both world's in Morriah Jefferson. Speed & Quickness. Leave you in the dust. When the smoke clears you'll be glad to have SpitFire running your team. Oh yea...Shut Down Defense comes with that package.

Reaction Score
Have you seen Sydney Wiese play?
The only time was against TENN and she didn't seem to play that well. I know it is hard to judge someone on one game but that is all I have. I assume she is better than that one game. I've watched Courtney Williams play about 25 times, about 7 of those in person. She has come a long way in four years and is the real deal. I am looking forward to watching her in the WNBA.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yes, ESPN may count, but it's only for FIRST-team AAs, so the groups that name 10 players make it easier. She's in the top 10 here, but not first team.

Though the panel consists of only 3 people, it's interesting that there were 3 unanimous picks for 1st team: A'ja Wilson, Stewie, and Moriah.
I doubt Uconn would count the ESPN list, but who knows - it is a fairly new event. I think counting on a voting pool of only 3 makes it sort of a joke - you might as well ask the horde to name an all star team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom