Saw Hasheem the dream Thabeet play last night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saw Hasheem the dream Thabeet play last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'm sure teams would love to have a guy that averages 12 and 11 as a back up.
They obviously don't if he's 6'5". If his performance was exactly the same but he was 6'10", I'm pretty confident he would stick somewhere.

You might ask where the logic is in that. And to that I have no answer.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Did you just say Jeff Adrien needs to try harder? That's like saying James Brown needed to try harder. For people say some dumb-@ss .
Oh nomar, it's April 1 and you still don't have your internet BS detector on full blast?

(Edit: Is it possible that Letsgohuskies11 is hitting me with some good old fashioned April Fools Day banter?)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Oh nomar, it's April 1 and you still don't have your internet BS detector on full blast?

Haha, I wish he was kidding.

Reaction Score
you should probably coach since you know everything
He's a 6'5 PF that can only play that position. Barring him developing phenomenal athleticism or growing another 3-5 inches, there's not really anything he can do to stop him from bouncing around the league as a backup. The idea that he can somehow change the way he plays to make a team stick with him long term is unrealistic.

Reaction Score
They obviously don't if he's 6'5". If his performance was exactly the same but he was 6'10", I'm pretty confident he would stick somewhere.

You might ask where the logic is in that. And to that I have no answer.

right which brings me back to the original argument, i doubt many coaches preferred as 5'3 Muggsy Bogues but he made it work. Whats better? Staying in the league averaging 5 points and 3 rebounds or constantly being sent down with 12 and 11? And for the record he is averaging 3.5 points and 4.5 rebounds, a far cry from 12 and 11.

Reaction Score
He's a 6'5 PF that can only play that position. Barring him developing phenomenal athleticism or growing another 3-5 inches, there's not really anything he can do to stop him from bouncing around the league as a backup. The idea that he can somehow change the way he plays to make a team stick with him long term is unrealistic.

Is it? Thought players are constantly changing their style as they age?

mets1090

Reaction Score
right which brings me back to the original argument, i doubt many coaches preferred as 5'3 Muggsy Bogues but he made it work. Whats better? Staying in the league averaging 5 points and 3 rebounds or constantly being sent down with 12 and 11? And for the record he is averaging 3.5 points and 4.5 rebounds, a far cry from 12 and 11.
I posted rebounding rates per 36 minutes which is far more useful when looking at guys who play smaller minutes.

No adaptation he could make is going to allow him to develop the skills necessary to play outside in the NBA. And playing outside is the only way a team is going to take a chance on a guy that's 6'5".

The real issue is that I don't care if a player is 6'5" or 7'1", he grabs boards and scores inside at a good rate for a backup Forward.

Reaction Score
The higher averages was when he was getting real minutes in the league. He was producing very well with Mikwaukee. Unfortunately he doesn't have the top shelf athletic talent to make up for being only 6'5".

Reaction Score
Did you just say Jeff Adrien needs to try harder? That's like saying James Brown needed to try harder. For people say some dumb-@ss .

I thought the guy saying Jeff needed to adapt was insane so I added something I thought was funny. I love Jeff and his work ethic. I dont think he can adapt to become something different but he has always worked his butt off.

Reaction Score
Charles Barkley was a unique player. He was so athletic and could shoot from the outside as well as being a first round pick. These aren't qualities that Jeff Adrien possesses. Though everytime Jeff has been with a team and gotten a real chance he had produced. Weird after Milwaukee performance last year he didn't stick with anyone. The nba is more about perception sometimes I guess and people aren't sold on ja in the nba due to his height and current skills. Which is sad since he has been effective doing what he needs to do rebound and score inside. Charles Barkley was a stretch 4 which JA will never be due to lacking the balaclava handling skills, athletic quickness and outside shot that CB had. Bad comparison on your part.

Thabeet has averaged about 2 points and 2 rebounds over his NBA career. To think he will ever be an impact player in the NBA just us not realistic. His productivity is the lowest of any #2 overall draft pick ever. Those are the facts. Even Darko was significantly better in the NBA than Thabeet.

I saw Charles in the Nashville airport years ago , coming off a plane from Philly ,he looked bigger than 6'4" plus he was amazingly strong and mean.
I don't remember him being much of a shooter but a great rebounder.
I've seen celebs before ,usually fans are gathering around them.
In this case people were trying to get out of his way .
It was like Moses parting the Red Sea.
Thabeet should be in the NBA with his size and athletism .
Impact player is a stretch but serviceable big is not.
Guys with less attributes than him have had better careers.

His problem ,is effort related, through hard work he could still Somewhat salvage his career.
Jeff is the other side of the spectrum ,an undersized overachiever, even though he probably has does a decent job , he will always be viewed as expendable.

Reaction Score
If Jeff embraces China or any other non NBA league he will be just fine... I would think there are less team politics, stress and insecurity overseas.

Then you would be thinking wrong. It's more political, less secure, and way more stressful. American players have no security whatsoever when playing overseas, let alone the stress of not speaking the native language and being thousands of miles from home.

Reaction Score
Then you would be thinking wrong. It's more political, less secure, and way more stressful. American players have no security whatsoever when playing overseas, let alone the stress of not speaking the native language and being thousands of miles from home.
Yeah perhaps you're right, you made me recall this incident: linky

But I still believe in a 'make and save' approach for maybe 5 years.

Reaction Score

Hasheem looks good, playing against some smaller guys but that usually happens when you are 7 foot 3

Reaction Score
Jeff Adrien (my main man) had a 7 foot wingspan guys.... I feel like that is the main reason he can hold his own at PF

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Bad comparison on my part? Maybe. But I was just referring to the question about under sized power forwards making it in the NBA. But you have to agree that CB worked on his craft. He could have washed out being that 6'4" player. But it comes down to "how bad do you want it" When Barkley came into the league, that shot was not there. The ball handling was terrible but he improved his skills. How about if I use Paul Milsap instead for a comparison? :)

Barkley came into the league as a 54.5% shooter and averaged 54.1% for his career. What he improved over time was his defense and his ball handling.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I saw Charles in the Nashville airport years ago , coming off a plane from Philly ,he looked bigger than 6'4" plus he was amazingly strong and mean.
I don't remember him being much of a shooter but a great rebounder.
I've seen celebs before ,usually fans are gathering around them.
In this case people were trying to get out of his way .
It was like Moses parting the Red Sea.
Thabeet should be in the NBA with his size and athletism .
Impact player is a stretch but serviceable big is not.
Guys with less attributes than him have had better careers.

His problem ,is effort related, through hard work he could still Somewhat salvage his career.
Jeff is the other side of the spectrum ,an undersized overachiever, even though he probably has does a decent job , he will always be viewed as expendable.

My memory is that he was a good shooter with good skills and athleticism all around despite his probably carrying too much weight. He was a great rebounder as he knew how to use his weight, butt, to create space/move people.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

Hasheem looks good, playing against some smaller guys but that usually happens when you are 7 foot 3

He is starting to look more fluid on offense. He seldom got the benefit of the doubt on calls because he looked awkward on offense and defense. If he can improve his footwork and movement, he will see better results on both ends.By all accounts he was a great locker room teammate. Hopefully, he will at least get a ten day tryout or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom