Saw Hasheem the dream Thabeet play last night | The Boneyard

Saw Hasheem the dream Thabeet play last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
stats say he's been averaging 13.4 pts, 7.0 boards, and 4.3 blocks in last 10 games.

Reaction Score
This was in Westchester--I dont know if anyone has seen a game there but its close and nice--definitely recommend it . They were just as bad as the Knicks but selective games you get to see some very decent players you will more than likely know.

Reaction Score
Honestly he's still young enough that he can play his way back into the league I would think. Cole Aldrich and Jason Smith are playing big minutes on teh Knicks, the Celtics have a plethora of underwhelming bigs too

Reaction Score
I think Jeff Adrian needs to adapt and try harder. Natural height and athleticism will only take him so far.

Reaction Score
Adrien held his own in the pros. Problem is most coaches don't like 6'5" Power Forwards.

Yeah. That Charles Barkley, standing at 6'4", never did work out well. I wonder what happened to him. Oh wait ;)

Reaction Score
I think Jeff Adrian needs to adapt and try harder. Natural height and athleticism will only take him so far.
If Jeff embraces China or any other non NBA league he will be just fine. Not every programmer can work at Google, but working Microsoft and other top tech companies can produce a fine life and retirement.

By embracing I really mean to make that good money and save (and save some more). He'll return a multi-millionaire and to me successful. Plus he will be working in the profession he loves, which means he won't really have a job but a paid hobby.

The NBA ain't for everyone, and its no longer based solely on talent and skills as it was in the early year with less than 20 teams. I would think there are less team politics, stress and insecurity overseas.

Reaction Score
What does this even mean?

what do u think it means? u have to adapt to the league, if u are an undersized player for ur position then doing the same thing over and over again wont get u anywhere. Need to change ur game

Reaction Score
Yeah. That Charles Barkley, standing at 6'4", never did work out well. I wonder what happened to him. Oh wait ;)
Charles Barkley was a unique player. He was so athletic and could shoot from the outside as well as being a first round pick. These aren't qualities that Jeff Adrien possesses. Though everytime Jeff has been with a team and gotten a real chance he had produced. Weird after Milwaukee performance last year he didn't stick with anyone. The nba is more about perception sometimes I guess and people aren't sold on ja in the nba due to his height and current skills. Which is sad since he has been effective doing what he needs to do rebound and score inside. Charles Barkley was a stretch 4 which JA will never be due to lacking the balaclava handling skills, athletic quickness and outside shot that CB had. Bad comparison on your part.

Reaction Score
Charles Barkley was a unique player. He was so athletic and could shoot from the outside as well as being a first round pick. These aren't qualities that Jeff Adrien possesses. Though everytime Jeff has been with a team and gotten a real chance he had produced. Weird after Milwaukee performance last year he didn't stick with anyone. The nba is more about perception sometimes I guess and people aren't sold on ja in the nba due to his height and current skills. Which is sad since he has been effective doing what he needs to do rebound and score inside. Charles Barkley was a stretch 4 which JA will never be due to lacking the balaclava handling skills, athletic quickness and outside shot that CB had. Bad comparison on your part.

Bad comparison on my part? Maybe. But I was just referring to the question about under sized power forwards making it in the NBA. But you have to agree that CB worked on his craft. He could have washed out being that 6'4" player. But it comes down to "how bad do you want it" When Barkley came into the league, that shot was not there. The ball handling was terrible but he improved his skills. How about if I use Paul Milsap instead for a comparison? :)

Reaction Score

Barkley's greatness can never really be explained, he was just a bad MFing baller. Before him it was Wes Unseld (6'7" Center). Those players come once a decade or two. Nowadays even good 6'10" forwards have 'guard games' and can also rebound and shoot. Just saying size matters which unfortunately applies even to Boat.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
what do u think it means? u have to adapt to the league, if u are an undersized player for ur position then doing the same thing over and over again wont get u anywhere. Need to change ur game
Yeah, the guy that averages 12 and 11 per 36 minutes is being held back by his lack of production as a bench player.

Reaction Score
Some of the posts here just make me shake my head..... this is one of them

Reaction Score
I can tell from this thread who actually watched Jeff Adrien in the pros. The same guys who say the NBA is boring and how they never watch the NBA, are now saying what Jeff needs to do in the pros or how he should embrace overseas, when in fact he's performed fine as a backup big. Jeff posted 11&8 in a 28 game stretch with the Bucks last year, there's a place for him in the NBA as a backup.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the guy that averages 12 and 11 per 36 minutes is being held back by his lack of production as a bench player.

so why cant he stick anywhere then? I'm sure teams would love to have a guy that averages 12 and 11 as a back up. I'm responding to a poster that said he is undersized for his position and thats why coaches dont want him.

Reaction Score
Thabeet has averaged about 2 points and 2 rebounds over his NBA career. To think he will ever be an impact player in the NBA just us not realistic. His productivity is the lowest of any #2 overall draft pick ever. Those are the facts. Even Darko was significantly better in the NBA than Thabeet.

Reaction Score
Bad comparison on my part? Maybe. But I was just referring to the question about under sized power forwards making it in the NBA. But you have to agree that CB worked on his craft. He could have washed out being that 6'4" player. But it comes down to "how bad do you want it" When Barkley came into the league, that shot was not there. The ball handling was terrible but he improved his skills. How about if I use Paul Milsap instead for a comparison? :)
Though he had freakish athletic talent for a guy his size girth and height. JA doesn't have this. This guy could block shots and lead one man fast breaks to a thunderous dunk. JA doesn't have that kind of athletic ability no mater what he does with his game. I just think JA is getting the raw deal from the league while HT just sucks from what I have seen in his NBA time on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom