Saturday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Saturday

Reaction Score
another take i keep seeing that i just can't comprehend. we are getting practically zippo from diggins and hawk yet people insist the recruit ranked ~50 spots below them would be instant impact if only he weren't REDSHIRTING.... did hurley redshirt the wrong frosh? what am i missing?

i'm hoping karaban can contribute next season but i'm not even holding my breath floyd becomes a rotation piece until his redshirt sophomore year
Rankings don’t mean much. Haven’t we been over that? Also Floyd even being young has a college ready body. Something none of our other freshman have. And he’s a big, strong guard. Another thing we are lacking. Couldn’t hurt.

Reaction Score
Rankings don’t mean much. Haven’t we been over that? Also Floyd even being young has a college ready body. Something none of our other freshman have. And he’s a big, strong guard. Another thing we are lacking. Couldn’t hurt.

What is Martin if not a big, strong guard?

Reaction Score
another take i keep seeing that i just can't comprehend. we are getting practically zippo from diggins and hawk yet people insist the recruit ranked ~50 spots below them would be instant impact if only he weren't REDSHIRTING.... did hurley redshirt the wrong frosh? what am i missing?

i'm hoping karaban can contribute next season but i'm not even holding my breath floyd becomes a rotation piece until his redshirt sophomore year
Yeah I'm really confused by this take from people, calling Floyd young understates just how young he is. He's 22 months younger than Diggins, 21 months younger than Hawkins, 18 months younger than Johnson. He's gonna be a great role player for us, but this was just about the most straight forward redshirt choice imaginable

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm really confused by this take from people, calling Floyd young understates just how young he is. He's 22 months younger than Diggins, 21 months younger than Hawkins, 18 months younger than Johnson. He's gonna be a great role player for us, but this was just about the most straight forward redshirt choice imaginable
Idek if he gets rotation minutes next season. I think Hurley going to look for more definitive help in the transfer market

Reaction Score
Meh, if they’re anything like my kids they will welcome the time to spend in comfy seats with their headphones in, glued to their phones.
Maybe you're right.

UConn had some travel issues of its own on Friday afternoon. The Huskies’ flight out of Bradley International Airport was canceled due to icy conditions, and they wound up busing it to Philadelphia.

“Everybody liked it, it was good,” Hurley insisted. “You get a lot of work done on the bus.”

Reaction Score
Floyd even being young has a college ready body. Something none of our other freshman have. And he’s a big, strong guard. Another thing we are lacking. Couldn’t hurt.
Clingan has a giant’s body but he isn’t expected to be ready to contribute as a frosh either. Springs has great size but hasn’t played in three years. Size is only part of the equation.

Reaction Score
That had a lot to do with O'Connell
Statistically I would guess our offense isn’t loads better with polley in the game. I’d also say the bigger issue for sanogo wasn’t getting doubled as much as it was how far away from the hoop he was catching the ball and I don’t think that would have been better with polley seeing more minutes.

Reaction Score
Ugh. That's a 4+ hour bus ride in good weather. And without traffic. And tomorrow's game is at noon. Sucks.
It may suck but remember when you were 19-20 years old? Ain't like they were going to go from the airport then stratight to bed anyway.

Just saying the youth don't need that much rest, despite what the doctors may recommend. That's the fountain we all are looking for.

Reaction Score
One of the earlier posts, concerned with the idea of Hawkins starting over AJ to get extra shooting ability, showed how in a # of ways that AJ is a better option. I agree with all the points- Andre is better passer, defender, rebounder, has higher shooting %, but regarding actual shooting form, no way Andre has the better form.
Shooting form: AJ < Hawkins
hopefully Hawkins can improve in all the other parts of his game, but for whatever the reason, he hasn’t been able to duplicate his Auburn performance. I think he is snake bit on the confidence thing. He goes into a game likely thinking he’ll get pulled after couple of minutes if he makes mistakes, and he gets too tight trying not to screw up, and of course that’s what happens. If somehow he can be given a longer leash, maybe he will relax more and find his stroke again.
But, AJ should be starting, not Hawkins.

Reaction Score
One of the earlier posts, concerned with the idea of Hawkins starting over AJ to get extra shooting ability, showed how in a # of ways that AJ is a better option. I agree with all the points- Andre is better passer, defender, rebounder, has higher shooting %, but regarding actual shooting form, no way Andre has the better form.

hopefully Hawkins can improve in all the other parts of his game, but for whatever the reason, he hasn’t been able to duplicate his Auburn performance.
He was very good in the Georgetown game with 15 points. He also had 15 against Grambling and 14 at Butler. Most of the other games he hasn't been very good. Freshman inconsistency.

Reaction Score
They're not taking Peter Pan so they should be comfortable.
Peter Pan! Do they still give names to their buses? Pratt's Aircraft Club sponsored a bus trip to Yankee Stadium. As we got off the highway and drove around city streets, people pointed and laughed at our bus. I didn't know why until I got off and looked at the name on the bus -- "The Fairy Duster". :oops:

Reaction Score
We'll be at DEFCON 1 this afternoon if we drop to 5th place. We need the W, Dan. Make it so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom