Saturday Unis | The Boneyard

Saturday Unis

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I thought they looked really sharp.

I don't think I loved the all blue look with the blue helmet, blue jersey, blue pants, but all the other looks are pretty cool.

Reaction Score
Nice contrast w/ Block I ;)

1567957112205.png

Reaction Score
I still like the blue helmets better, but these looked good.

View attachment 46198

I am with you on liking the Blue helmets MUCH better. Various reasons:
1. I only sit 13 rows up from field level & had trouble making out the Block "C". The blue helmets provide better contrast.
2. White helmets seem so vanilla & incomplete. It's as if the A.D. doesn't want to spent whatever extra money it costs for tinting.
3. I've said this before. It's like the original AFC East, when all teams wore white helmets (Patriots, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, & then Baltimore Colts). The visual effect is Midget League. Since then 3 of the teams have adopted colored helmets as a brand.
4. UConn has no real history with Helmet color, going back & forth between white or N.F.Blue at the current coach's whim. (See the UConn Helmet project) I thought that HCRE's original Blue Block C helmet was the classiest. It was adopted for the inaugural season at the RENT & is the helmet associated with UConn's BCS Big East incarnation culminating with its playing in the Fiesta Bowl.
It is the most recognizable on the national scene as identifying UCONN.
The white helmets have no place other than at a potential "White Out" game.

(Now let me tell you how I really Feel...lol)

Reaction Score
I am with you on liking the Blue helmets MUCH better. Various reasons:
1. I only sit 13 rows up from field level & had trouble making out the Block "C". The blue helmets provide better contrast.
2. White helmets seem so vanilla & incomplete. It's as if the A.D. doesn't want to spent whatever extra money it costs for tinting.

To each his own (and it’s not that I dislike the Blue) but why do you need to see the Block C from the seats? They look fine on TV/Photos.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We looked like Yale's home uniforms, which are pretty sharp.
Speaking of Yale, which has the same logo as BYU. BYU uses two completely different color blues. What’s that about??

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Blue helmets with the white block C are the best. Then a blue jersey, white pants, and white shoes. It's a classy, NFL (professional) look.

Try to stay away from the silly (Oregon) stuff, or the high school (all blue) look.

Reaction Score
You all know that I am a huge proponent of the white on white on white, but this was the sharpest look they have ever had. Fantastic!! Keep it up UConn. Stay away from the blue on blue on blue. The monochromatic look of one color only works in white or black.

Reaction Score
The white helmet is way better than the blue helmet. Saturday's uniform was probably my favorite so far.

Does anyone know if the grey with the chrome helmet still an option cuz those were amazing

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The white helmet is way better than the blue helmet. Saturday's uniform was probably my favorite so far.

Does anyone know if the grey with the chrome helmet still an option cuz those were amazing
No

Reaction Score
The white is growing on me

Attachments

• IMG_0004.PNG
    IMG_0004.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 57

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I dont recall that one, it looks possible. I saw a few for a high school or lower college division conference, but it didn't look like that.
I found that logo when I used Google or Bing and searched for "Yankee Conference Wikipedia".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom