Saturday March 18 games

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
702BFBBE-9F08-4497-98D2-70F894FB2070.jpeg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
No Mackenzie Holmes today for IU and the Hoosiers started a little slowly not having Big Mac to run the offense to/through.
Tenn. Tech hit a few bombs and it was 18-18 after one. But IU figured out different ways to hit the paint in the second quarter and outscored TT, 21-9 in second.

Grace Berger is the person I want to drive a bus in rush hour or an earthquake...never, ever flustered. ;)

Reaction Score
2-15 games

Maryland 93-Holy Cross 61
Iowa 95 - SEL(lol) 43
Utah 103 - GW 77

At the half

UConn __ - Vermont ___.

Don't want to violate the no game thread admonition :)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
So, whenever you see Florida Gulf Coast in a 12-spot, just check the box. Second year in a row that the Eagles have beaten a #5:
in 2022, Va. Tech; in 2023, Washington State.

Amazing how Karl Smesko finds transfers out of the basketball spotlight to come in and star. Sha Carter from Walsh University? Yeah, lie to me and say she was your "no-miss" transfer after Lou? ;) Every year, we think he'll jump at some P5 school, but he never does, so he must love it on the Coast. But, having watched the 2nd half of the game, I can tell you that he spends most of his time in the gym, not the beach. :cool: If Villanova wins their game, the FGCU-'Nova game could be a blast.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, whenever you see Florida Gulf Coast in a 12-spot, just check the box. Second year in a row that the Eagles have beaten a #5:
in 2022, Va. Tech; in 2023, Washington State.

Amazing how Karl Smesko finds transfers out of the basketball spotlight to come in and star. Sha Carter from Walsh University? Yeah, lie to me and say she was your "no-miss" transfer after Lou? ;) Every year, we think he'll jump at some P5 school, but he never does, so he must love it on the Coast. But, having watched the 2nd half of the game, I can tell you that he spends most of his time in the gym, not the beach. :cool: If Villanova wins their game, the FGCU-'Nova game could be a blast.
It won’t be long until a P5 team comes calling for Smesko. He’s been consistently good

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah, I did not like that draw for Washington St. Was FGCU underseeded? 32-3 coming in, not a lot in the way of quality wins though. They beat Hawaii, a Tourney team, twice. Beat Kentucky but UK had a really down year. Played Stanford and Duke but got beat handily by both. But yeah, never count them out in March.

And will Ethridge ever win a Tourney game? She's done a great job of turning around a program that was really bad when she arrived, but 0-3 in the Big Dance and all seemed like winnable games.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Also, more proof to my claims that winning a conference tourney means nothing when you get to the Big Dance. Just as likely to lose in the 1st round as continue a hot streak and keep winning.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Iowa St. is gonna lose to Toledo. Friday was mostly chalk but today is a bit more interesting so far.

edit--let me amend that a bit, a #9 over a #8 really isn't an upset and I hardly count a #10 over a #7 either; yesterday did give us a #11 seed winning though; today looking like 2 #12 seeds are gonna pull off upsets

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Toledo Knocks Out Iowa State

The Tricia-Cullop-coached Rockets looked great in second quarter and calm and collected in the fourth to bring it home. The former Purdue-player-turned coach always does a good job with less-known players, but now she's starting to get some bona fide talent. Heck, they won a good Mid-American Conference this year.

I think the chances of beating the Vols at home is slight, but enjoy the victory.

BTW, Cullop is another coach listed as a possibiity for the Michigan State job. She's already checked one of the boxes by beating Michigan (at Ann Arbor) this year!

Reaction Score
So just by watching Alabama and Baylor, they don't look like are a real threat. But still need to taken seriously. But if they play like today, UConn should be able to advance. So congrats to a great day. Uconn.
Go Huskies

Reaction Score
the committee sucks at seeding, USC as a freaking 8 seed got a team that went undefeated in conference. Such a joke

Reaction Score
Yeah, I did not like that draw for Washington St. Was FGCU underseeded? 32-3 coming in, not a lot in the way of quality wins though. They beat Hawaii, a Tourney team, twice. Beat Kentucky but UK had a really down year. Played Stanford and Duke but got beat handily by both. But yeah, never count them out in March.

And will Ethridge ever win a Tourney game? She's done a great job of turning around a program that was really bad when she arrived, but 0-3 in the Big Dance and all seemed like winnable games.
I thought Washington State was too high a seed and FGCU was really tough this year. I thought that game was kind of like the Toledo game where one team might have the better reputation but the other team might have had the better resume. I also think Michigan having to play LSU in week one was a tough seed too.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado got their first Tourney win since 2003.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Louisville vs. Drake was a really good game. I think it was never more than a 2 possession game the entire 2nd half. Ville survives 83-81. Hailey Van Lith was huge in the 2nd half.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

FGCU was top-25 in the coaches' poll (I think in the Boneyard poll, too), received votes in the AP, and the committee gave them a 12 seed.

SMH

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
3 teams came from behind by 16 or more to win today--Baylor, Ohio St. and Miami. Kudos for perseverance.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think Shaylee Gonzalez joined the 2000 point club today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom