Satisfying, Traditional, UConn's current Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Satisfying, Traditional, UConn's current Game

Reaction Score
At the risk of getting run out of town on a rail, or toppling a thread…sure!

As a semi-retired lexicographer, I used to help write dictionaries

Are you to "blame" for the spelling bees on TV? ;)

Reaction Score

As a semi-retired lexicographer, I used to help write dictionaries I am sensitive to orthographic derailments spelling screwups and the inherent chicanery they spawn. the trickery and deception that naturally comes from spelling blunders. But grammar issues? As there are none visible in this thread, Somebody said there were grammar mistakes, and there were none. one must ask if misplaced praenomens wrong first names have some tenuous link to grammar?

And the style was wayyyyy over the top, as a way of signaling that nobody should take it seriously…

But you already knew all that. You were just taking the mickey.

View attachment 94922
Already knew that? I wish I could take credit for being that smart. But I can’t. :confused:

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Excellent post! I'll just think about Inês for a second.

Last season she was in over her head in a few games, but played with a lot of heart. She won a lot of us over as fans when she sank that game ending free throw against Princeton. Last season, she showed some defensive intensity, shot the 3 pretty well, finished at the rim, and got some steals, some assists. There was something to build on there. I wonder if she can start from there, or if she's too rusty and will have to start from scratch. She averaged 9 mins/g and if she could give Geno that much this season, it might help a lot. But this could depend on her making herself into a real offensive option.
I think Ines could get some run if she didn't have to play the point. She often forces passes or penetrates into the lane and can't make the pass out. I think she is significantly stronger and showed some scoring prowess when she played for Portugal this summer. She was buried behind some great players this year but I don't 9 minutes or so is that risky.

Reaction Score
As a semi-retired lexicographer, I am sensitive to orthographic derailments and the inherent chicanery they spawn. But grammar issues? As there are none visible in this thread, one must ask if misplaced praenomens have some tenuous link to grammar?

The best reply will be entered into a drawing, the winner of same to be awarded a jar of Teddie Most Grammatical Peanut Butter.

Back to the on rail…

View attachment 94921
Grammar issues is used as a catch all referring to any syntactic error. And I consider your attack on my misuse of the term 'grammar' to fall under that same dubious critique. But I will have some of that peanut butter just for participating.

Reaction Score
Excellent post! I'll just think about Inês for a second.

Last season she was in over her head in a few games, but played with a lot of heart. She won a lot of us over as fans when she sank that game ending free throw against Princeton. Last season, she showed some defensive intensity, shot the 3 pretty well, finished at the rim, and got some steals, some assists. There was something to build on there. I wonder if she can start from there, or if she's too rusty and will have to start from scratch. She averaged 9 mins/g and if she could give Geno that much this season, it might help a lot. But this could depend on her making herself into a real offensive option.
More than anything I think the issue with her is physical strength which is soluble. She has a good head for the game and skills. The strength is actually more important on defense. I also think that she can help the team a lot by just doing what she does best which is ball handling and distributing with an occasional 3 or fast break lay up.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score

As a semi-retired lexicographer, I used to help write dictionaries I am sensitive to orthographic derailments spelling screwups and the inherent chicanery they spawn. the trickery and deception that naturally comes from spelling blunders. But grammar issues? As there are none visible in this thread, Somebody said there were grammar mistakes, and there were none. one must ask if misplaced praenomens wrong first names have some tenuous link to grammar?

And the style was wayyyyy over the top, as a way of signaling that nobody should take it seriously…

But you already knew all that. You were just taking the mickey.

View attachment 94922
Thank you so very much for a colorful description of what you wrote.

Being dyslexic, math and writing has been a challenge my whole life.

Even though I am lacking in the ability I appreciate being exposed to word Smith's.

Be glad you weren't grading my memorization in highschool. I learned after I got married that my wife and teacher always got a kick out of grading my work. I would leave the appropriate space for every word I couldn't pull from memory.

Your sensitive to orthographic derailments and it just a part of my life. :)

Reaction Score
I think Ines could get some run if she didn't have to play the point. She often forces passes or penetrates into the lane and can't make the pass out. I think she is significantly stronger and showed some scoring prowess when she played for Portugal this summer. She was buried behind some great players this year but I don't 9 minutes or so is that risky.
I continue to replay, this google search: Ines Bettencourt / highlights. A very nice review of
last year... and a display of enthusiasm (team and INES) and of her current and future/potential skill set.
If you haven't seen it, try it out. I got to this highlight reel a few different ways... good luck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom