Satan is coming back to MSG | The Boneyard

Satan is coming back to MSG

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To help celebrate the last UConn-SJU game in MSG, the man who popularized scapegoating UConn fans, Mike Jarvis will be in attendance. It will be his first time back at St. Johns since he was fired. He'll be there for a reunion of their 1998-99 Elite 8 team. A team that lost to UConn twice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why did Jarvis go from George Washington to St. John's and then to obscurity at Florida Atlantic? He was good at GW and St. John's, it's weird he was relegated to FAU.

It reminds me a little of Al Skinner who was pretty great at BC and then he ends up at Kennesaw State.

Reaction Score
I remember that squad well. Eric Barkley, lavar postell, bootsy Thornton , artest etc. they were our rival for a while in late 90s early 2000s until Pittsburgh became our nemesis.

Reaction Score
This was before my time. The last paragraph is hilarious. Pretty amazing to see history repeat itself with Pitino now

1706889217939.png

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Why did Jarvis go from George Washington to St. John's and then to obscurity at Florida Atlantic? He was good at GW and St. John's, it's weird he was relegated to FAU.

It reminds me a little of Al Skinner who was pretty great at BC and then he ends up at Kennesaw State.
There was some off court stuff with Jarvis that came to light, including the Abe Keita stuff where they allegedly paid him during his tenure there.

Reaction Score

I don't know why he didn't get a better job eventually if not immediately after being dismissed from St. John's because he was a solid coach. What I also remember hearing about his days in St. John's and his dismissal was that he didn't have great relations with the AAU circuit in the NYC and tristate area, too. I know he got some good NYC guys, but it seems like quality diminished after Omar Cook and Dion Glover. Take the statements about his relations with the AAU circuit with some salt for whatever it is worth. But if you look at St. John's performance after he was fired, oh boy, does it get a lot worse with Norm Roberts.

Reaction Score
I for one like St. John's being good again. It makes the UConn-St. John's game like the battle for New York even though UConn is Connecticut's state school.

This only helps the Big East and in turn helps UConn.

Reaction Score
I remember that squad well. Eric Barkley, lavar postell, bootsy Thornton , artest etc. they were our rival for a while in late 90s early 2000s until Pittsburgh became our nemesis.

Those St. John's teams were super tough... I hated them but they had some really good players under Jarvis. I always picked them to go to the Final Four but they always came up short.

Reaction Score

Would you rather spend your days in Boca Raton or Queens?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I though this thread was about ADub going to the St.John's game tomorrow :cool::p

Reaction Score
There was some off court stuff with Jarvis that came to light, including the Abe Keita stuff where they allegedly paid him during his tenure there.
Read the NY Post article today - gives many reasons

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom