Sat. (2/2) games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sat. (2/2) games

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Stanford is serving up a nice helping of revenge against Cal today. Led 22-5 after Q1. 34-14 approaching halftime. Anigwe is closing in on a double double at halftime again but it looks as though all of her teammates are M.I.A. After they hit 12-30 behind the arc on Friday they are returning to the norm and are 0-8 so far today.
Tempie said at the chalk talk that there would be a different defensive game plan today, but wouldn't disclose it. Whatever it is, it's working. Cal shooters not getting any kickouts for open 3s today.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Tempie said at the chalk talk that there would be a different defensive game plan today, but wouldn't disclose it. Whatever it is, it's working. Cal shooters not getting any kickouts for open 3s today.

This game isn't being shown in my area (Seattle) live, but there's a replay at 10 pm or something like that tonight. Might check it out then. Williams had a quiet night on Friday, she's got 14 at the half today. 37-17 Stanford lead.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
56-31 Stanford after 3Q. Cal shooting about 20% from the floor and under 10% from the arc (1-13). Anigwe w/ another double double but most of her scoring is from the FT line. Nobody from Cal can shoot today. Makes Thursday night look like a complete fluke. Stanford isn't exactly scorching the nets but the Big 3 are all in double figures and they are doing plenty enough for a big lead.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Anigwe fouls out with 20 points and 20 rebounds, and just 1 point shy of the Cal all-time scoring record.

That comes after her 25/24 performance on Thursday vs. Stanford.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anigwe fouls out with 20 points and 20 rebounds, and just 1 point shy of the Cal all-time scoring record.

Back to back 20/20 games for her. She seemed a little off to me last year, but she's going out w/ a bang as a Sr. She was so productive right away as a Fr., she's one of those that has seemingly been around for 8 years.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
75-50 final. 19 apiece for Williams and Carrington, 16 for Smith. They're awfully dependent on the Big 3. Dodson did have 9, it's nice for them having her back.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score

That comes after her 25/24 performance on Thursday vs. Stanford.

If that's not enough for ESPN POW, I don't know what is.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If that's not enough for ESPN POW, I don't know what is.

Well if production in a losing effort (by 25!) still counts, let's wait and see how Megan Huff follows up her 38 point 11 rebound 6-7 behind the 3 point line effort against Oregon. Playing Oregon St. tomorrow midday.

edit--Anigwe was only 4-13 from the field today (but 12-16 from the FT line); but I can't get over the 25 point loss, really can't give a player POW if her team gets drubbed like that

Last edited:

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Well if production in a losing effort (by 25!) still counts, let's wait and see how Megan Huff follows up her 38 point 11 rebound 6-7 behind the 3 point line effort against Oregon. Playing Oregon St. tomorrow midday.

edit--Anigwe was only 4-13 from the field today (but 12-16 from the FT line); but I can't get over the 25 point loss, really can't give a player POW if her team gets drubbed like that

Stanford is the better team. Anigwe leading Cal to a 1-1 week vs them is pretty good in my book.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Meh. Watching the replay now. Anigwe didn't play well in the first half. Refs gave her a bunch of gift trips to the FT line and swallowed the whistle when she was committing fouls in the first half. She should've nearly fouled out by halftime if they were actually calling it straight.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Meh. Watching the replay now. Anigwe didn't play well in the first half. Refs gave her a bunch of gift trips to the FT line and swallowed the whistle when she was committing fouls in the first half. She should've nearly fouled out by halftime if they were actually calling it straight.

Well, she averaged 22.5 pts and 22 rebounds in two games vs a Top 10 team focused on her. I only know of one other player in the country who could possibly do that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, she averaged 22.5 pts and 22 rebounds in two games vs a Top 10 team focused on her. I only know of one other player in the country who could possibly do that.

She no doubt put up eye popping numbers in the two games. Saturday was a case of where watching the game gives you a very different impression than just looking up the stats on line. I will stick with my assertion that she didn't play very well on Saturday. She was also not very good defensively. She grabbed a lot of rebounds, I'll give her that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom