Sat 12/8 Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sat 12/8 Games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
West Virginia trounced Pitt in the "Backyard Brawl," 77-43. Tynice Martin, who's still feeling her way back after missing last year with a broken foot, showed her stuff with 26 points, including 6-8 from 3. Pitt was missing its best player, Aysia Bugg, who's out with an injury. Lance White really has himself quite a rebuilding job on his hands.

Reaction Score
There were some good things and bad things. Shepard and Bri need to do better catching the ball at times. Sometimes I feel it is forced to much. Things I liked more passing seemed to be involved. I didn’t see any dirty play. No complaining to the refs by Marina or Arike. Arike helping opposing players up. One thing I was pleased with also was on the defensive end. They made it an effort to defend. Still need to communicate better and not let people get open. But I’d say the defense came to play today. There are times Marina has been open and they haven’t seen her. I hope they pick that up on film. Because there was times She was ready to launch up a wide open 3 if She would’ve gotten the ball.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There were some good things and bad things. Shepard and Bri need to do better catching the ball at times. Sometimes I feel it is forced to much. Things I liked more passing seemed to be involved. I didn’t see any dirty play. No complaining to the refs by Marina or Arike. Arike helping opposing players up. One thing I was pleased with also was on the defensive end. They made it an effort to defend. Still need to communicate better and not let people get open. But I’d say the defense came to play today. There are times Marina has been open and they haven’t seen her. I hope they pick that up on film. Because there was times She was ready to launch up a wide open 3 if She would’ve gotten the ball.
The one time that I saw Arike helping an opposing player up, she had just barreled into her and knocked her down. The refs of course missed it but it should have been called a foul. It's easy to be sportsmanlike when you're up 15 in the last couple minutes of the game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Based on the stat line I saw at half time, Toledo shot 55% in the first half. Clearly, they turned on the defense in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Based on the stat line I saw at half time, Toledo shot 55% in the first half. Clearly, they turned on the defense in the 2nd half.
Some of those shots were contested. There were some 3’s Toledo made in the first half where there was a defender right there but still made the shot.

Reaction Score
The one time that I saw Arike helping an opposing player up, she had just barreled into her and knocked her down. The refs of course missed it but it should have been called a foul. It's easy to be sportsmanlike when you're up 15 in the last couple minutes of the game.
Well my point was. This may have been the first game all season I didn’t see her complain to the ref or really get frustrated when She didn’t make a good play. Same with Marina. Marina can get after the refs at times but didn’t today. I think it was a conscious effort to just play the game today. Will see how that goes in the next few games.

Reaction Score
#21 Drake lost to So Dakota St 80-71

#13 Cal (UConn opponent in 2 weeks) is in OT at St Marys

Reaction Score
Cal was down 7 entering the 4th. Anigwe scored with 2 sec left to send game to OT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom