"Sassy Sophie" | The Boneyard

"Sassy Sophie"

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think she's a fine young player, but game wise she doesn't tickle my basketball fancy.

Reaction Score
I have not seen this young woman play, but if the team can make her the face of its women's basketball program, that's smart marketing and can only pay dividends for them. Assuming, of course, that she can live up to the hype. In some cases, the problem is the person a team wants to hype simply is not that good. Still, it's good to see them trying, and it could work out for them,,and her.

Reaction Score
I have not seen this young woman play, but if the team can make her the face of its women's basketball program, that's smart marketing and can only pay dividends for them. Assuming, of course, that she can live up to the hype. In some cases, the problem is the person a team wants to hype simply is not that good. Still, it's good to see them trying, and it could work out for them,,and her.
Just curious.... why so much interest in Missouri all of a sudden?
Seems to be working...

Reaction Score
Probably precisely because of "Sassy Sophie." Geez, I went to the article, whichd escribed her as one of the best players in women's college basketball. Help me lout here. Since when?

And the other thing. She describes herself as having "swag." In the language of English, even the slanguage of English, Swag means stolen goods. What I think she and others in the story mean is swagger.

So here's the deal: I'll believe she's the real thing when she, yes, carries herself with swagger and has enough of a vocabulary to properly describe it.

Reaction Score
Probably precisely because of "Sassy Sophie." Geez, I went to the article, whichd escribed her as one of the best players in women's college basketball. Help me lout here. Since when?

And the other thing. She describes herself as having "swag." In the language of English, even the slanguage of English, Swag means stolen goods. What I think she and others in the story mean is swagger.

So here's the deal: I'll believe she's the real thing when she, yes, carries herself with swagger and has enough of a vocabulary to properly describe it.
She’s good looking, likes to show skin, and is Missouri’s best player. They are exploiting this for all it’s worth.

Reaction Score

it's the short shorts................:rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I keep forgetting that Mizzou is in the SEC. Same with TAMU. It just doesn’t compute.

Reaction Score
They can talk all the “swag” they want, but if you compare her to D it’s just a lot of noise. Start talking when you carry your team to thee NC.

Reaction Score
Watched a few collections of their best moments from last year and saw a lot of smiling from players and bench. If nothing else they're having the time of their lives just being there.

Reaction Score
Watched her play last year, didn't know anything about her, and she stands out. Has 'it', in regard to attitude and her game...and volnation seems to dislike her, so there's that.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I've watched her since she was a sophomore when she went up against Napheesa and Incarnate Word Academy. Her team was always good but could never beat Incarnate even when Incarnate dropped a class because of a smaller enrollment. As a sophomore her team lost to Incarnate in an in season tournament. Incarnate went on to win the State Tournament. The next two years Cunningham's team again lost to Incarnate Word in season but went on to win the State Tournament because they did not have to play Incarnate because of the drop in class. Me and my granddaughter could see right away that Sophie was good and was going to be an outstanding player. She has proven us right. But she is nowhere in the vicinity of DT, talent wise, imo.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Probably precisely because of "Sassy Sophie." Geez, I went to the article, whichd escribed her as one of the best players in women's college basketball. Help me lout here. Since when? And the other thing. She describes herself as having "swag." In the language of English, even the slanguage of English, Swag means stolen goods. What I think she and others in the story mean is swagger.
I had a couple of kids that grew up in or near the Sophie era and for them it has always been swag. Typical of this generation, they were simply just too lazy to carry the extra three letters.
She's not the real deal though-assuming we are still talking about basketball.

Reaction Score
And here I thought the thread was referring to the AI robot Sophia.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Just curious.... why so much interest in Missouri all of a sudden?

Good question. The thread was started by a Missouri fan and maybe there isn't a Missouri WBB board so the BY is the next best thing.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Good question. The thread was started by a Missouri fan and maybe there isn't a Missouri WBB board so the BY is the next best thing.
They don't have much of one. It's hard to read and it's mixed with the men's.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score

Yep, I'm guilty of being a Mizzou and Sophie fan. Sorry if this disturbs some BYers. Don't mean to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom