Sarah Thomas | The Boneyard

Sarah Thomas

Reaction Score
UConn grad and, I might add proudly, a Colorado resident, became the first to swim English Channel four ways (two round trips), enduring jelly fish attacks and forced to swim 130 miles, almost 50 more than the actual distance due to strong tides. Having once, at age 23, swam two miles from an island to the Greek mainland and barely able to walk when I left the water, it is a feat I find stunning and an indication it isn’t only basketball that attracts the best female athletes to UConn.

Attachments

• 70BA3492-0F6D-4278-B692-D4D9D6B4183C.jpeg
    70BA3492-0F6D-4278-B692-D4D9D6B4183C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UConn grad and, I might add proudly, a Colorado resident, became the first to swim English Channel four ways (two round trips), enduring jelly fish attacks and force to swim 130 miles, almost 50 more than the actual distance due to strong tides. Having once, at age 23, swam two miles from an island to the Greek mainland and barely able to walk when I left the water, it is a feat I find stunning and an indication it isn’t only basketball that attracts the best female athletes to UConn.

Don't give Geno any training ideas. :eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
UConn grad and, I might add proudly, a Colorado resident, became the first to swim English Channel four ways (two round trips), enduring jelly fish attacks and force to swim 130 miles, almost 50 more than the actual distance due to strong tides. Having once, at age 23, swam two miles from an island to the Greek mainland and barely able to walk when I left the water, it is a feat I find stunning and an indication it isn’t only basketball that attracts the best female athletes to UConn.
Congrats to YOU AND HER. I love reading Uconn Grad accomplishments. I'm one that believes Uconn is GREAT. There are 10's if not 100's of thousands of Engineering Grads from Uconn that are and have been making the world safer, more protected, with innovations and inventions FEW ever READ about.
Uconn isn't Stanford (no one pays bribes to Uconn) or Harvard or MIT/UCal/Cal tech. It is however UCONN with Engineering Students wanted in most California companies and around the world. --Disrespect them at your peril.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Don't give Geno any training ideas. :eek::eek::eek:
If you are bad, you get banished to the pool. If you are really bad, you get banished to the English Channel. :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If you are bad, you get banished to the pool. If you are really bad, you get banished to the English Channel. :D

Banishment to the pool (especially whirl pool) actually sounds pretty good

Reaction Score
Congrats to YOU AND HER. I love reading Uconn Grad accomplishments. I'm one that believes Uconn is GREAT. There are 10's if not 100's of thousands of Engineering Grads from Uconn that are and have been making the world safer, more protected, with innovations and inventions FEW ever READ about.
Uconn isn't Stanford (no one pays bribes to Uconn) or Harvard or MIT/UCal/Cal tech. It is however UCONN with Engineering Students wanted in most California companies and around the world. --Disrespect them at your peril.

Reaction Score
You are correct! A relative is one of many!

https://www..mil/About-Us/Biographies/Display/Article/586726/dr-timothy-j-bunning/

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom