Sanogo Observation | The Boneyard

Sanogo Observation

Reaction Score
The big guy played great today.

I get worried sometimes, though, that once the ball hits his hands he takes on score or nothing mentality, but there was little movement outside to help him. The other four have to cross-screen for each other or something other than just watch him go. He had his head up a few times, but no one was doing anything. You know double and triple teams will be coming in future games and good spacing and movement and spacing will make them really tough to guard, especially if you have Polley, Hawkins, Cole, Akok, Martin... hitting from outside, they will be that more dangerous.

Also, don't want him out there more than maybe 2 times a game, but that three was not off by much either.

Finally, he always looks like he is listening and absorbing what Hurley and the team are telling him. I love watching this kid.

Reaction Score
The other four have to cross-screen for each other or something other than just watch him go. He had his head up a few times, but no one was doing anything.
This had my bp up and me yelling at the tv.

Reaction Score

I get worried sometimes, though, that once the ball hits his hands he takes on score or nothing mentality, but there was little movement outside to help him. The other four have to cross-screen for each other or something other than just watch him go. He had his head up a few times, but no one was doing anything. You know double and triple teams will be coming in future games and good spacing and movement and spacing will make them really tough to guard, especially if you have Polley, Hawkins, Cole, Akok, Martin... hitting from outside, they will be that more dangerous.

Also, don't want him out there more than maybe 2 times a game, but that three was not off by much either.

Finally, he always looks like he is listening and absorbing what Hurley and the team are telling him. I love watching this kid.
He's a very good player and only going to get better. We haven't had this quality in the middle since Okafor.

Reaction Score

Yes. He's a significant black hole. He did ok finding open shooters against cupcakes. Less so tonight and for all (or most) of last year.

Obviously he played great tonight and was a significant component to our win.... but there are definitely times when you wish he'd look up. Triple teamed late. Still tried to force it. That comes to mind.

I have no idea how to correct such a thing. He's so committed to taking the shot I wonder if it would make more sense to let him just keep doing what he's doing. Let him continue to improve those skills. Vs trying to force him to become someone who he's not. Some sort of point center who finds open shooters. I don't know. There's only so much time in his short college career.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is UConn's best inside scorer in a few years. Yes he he needs to work on passing from inside lane but you can't kill him for his touch and gives UConn the presence UConn needs against the rest of the Big East.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
fact is him forcing it was still a better option than most alternatives. even against high level competition, the man can hold his own. and playing for 3.65 hours with 4 fouls really was an eye opener. he's a beast and a great student of the game.

Reaction Score
He is UConn's best inside scorer in a few years. Yes he he needs to work on passing from inside lane but you can't kill him for his touch and gives UConn the presence UConn needs against the rest of the Big East.
Yeah. I tend to agree. Let him do what he does. He did have have 30 against pretty solid competition. Accept him for who he is.

Reaction Score
He has touch on his shots. Imagine when he gets that part of his game from the perimeter. I see him like Charles Oakley from 17 feet.

Reaction Score
It's very difficult to learn how to pass. Particularly when you have 0 passing ability coming in. He needs reps... look for it next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom