Sanogo MIA? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sanogo MIA?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
This is a potential major problem that needs to be nipped in the bud right now. Hurley needs to man up and tell Sanogo he made a mistake.
I think so too. He starts, plays 5 minutes then sits the rest of the game to begin the year. Today he was playing great then is benched during crunch time? Could be some frustration brewing especially after a loss to a bad team at home.

Reaction Score
Akok has been pretty bad
What were you honestly expecting from a kid coming off an Achilles tear and literally being cleared not even a month ago? Not a good take in my opinion ??‍♂️

Reaction Score
This is a potential major problem that needs to be nipped in the bud right now. Hurley needs to man up and tell Sanogo he made a mistake.
Wow you called it too this definitely isn’t a good look

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
this is concerning to me

I want to chew on this for a bit.

I'm not so sure the coaches don't get with the upperclassmen to reel in Sanogo.

I like the fire and desire from Sanogo.

Reaction Score

But you still got gaslighters on here trying to argue Hurley did the right thing! The final score of course tells us he didn't. And if you still don't believe it this quote from Sanogo should.

Reaction Score
St Johns wasn’t playing 5 out in the first 8 minutes. Completely different scenario.

Huh? He scored and got good shots off at will, who else did? I mean he was scoring the ball and was a mismatch for them undoubtedly. I mean if you have 5 guys stopping the ball and no one getting to the hole due to the fact they had perimeter guys on the court by all means maybe keep him there. But our defense was putrid at least put a guy in the game that can put the ball in the hole. He needed to play half the minutes down the stretch at least. And when you call TO and need a hole, did you really come out of that TO without him on the court? Just a bad game for many in those including the staff.

Reaction Score
I want to chew on this for a bit.

I'm not so sure the coaches don't get with the upperclassmen to reel in Sanogo.

I like the fire and desire from Sanogo.

As sj said I don't like the ramifications beyond this game. Big men want to come play but if you can't guard a perimeter player you may only play 12 minutes? hmmmm .. I feel for the kid he was a real good player for us today and didn't get his due.

Reaction Score
What were you honestly expecting from a kid coming off an Achilles tear and literally being cleared not even a month ago? Not a good take in my opinion ??‍♂️
There may be injury related reasons that Akok's not been good, but he has nonetheless not been good. It's not a personal attack. His offense has always (so far) been bad, and this season he's been ineffective on the defensive end as well. I hope and expect he will eventually be better than ever, but so far he hasn't shown that having him on the floor provides an advantage relative to the alternatives.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
But you still got gaslighters on here trying to argue Hurley did the right thing! The final score of course tells us he didn't.
This is terrible logic, for all things in life, and not just basketball.
Results never should be used to dictate whether you made the best decision, because you didn't have those results when you made your decision.

Reaction Score
There may be injury related reasons that Akok's not been good, but he has nonetheless not been good. It's not a personal attack. His offense has always (so far) been bad, and this season he's been ineffective on the defensive end as well. I hope and expect he will eventually be better than ever, but so far he hasn't shown that having him on the floor provides an advantage relative to the alternatives.
Oo yea I definitely understand but I just don’t think we could/should expect anything from him at this stage of the season

Reaction Score
Freshman don’t get to dictate PT in general but any chance that Sanogo could leave changes that. As a big man it was always going to take a lot of floor time for his development and he hasn’t been getting it.

Reaction Score
Is he supposed to be helping off a good shooter? Ask Hurley, but it probably depends on the opposing player. I would not want him helping off Earlington, Williams, or Posh that game (although he was not guarding Posh much).

Dunn, absolutely should help off.
Help and recover. Basic teaching of the shell drill

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom