Sanogo MIA Pt. II | The Boneyard

Sanogo MIA Pt. II

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Someone explain to me why Hurley refused to take advantage of a mismatch. When we play teams that go small, Hurley refuses to take advantage and instead plays into the other team's game style of play by going small in return.

Sanogo would have had his way down low. Their tallest starter is 6'7". Sanogo had 1 bucket off an offensive rebound. We had no entry passes to him ALL GAME.

The first half he had foul trouble. I get it. There's no excuse in the second half.

The same thing happened vs St. Johns. Hurley refused to play Sanogo and we played into their game. Result? We lost.
Same result vs Maryland.

I am a huge supporter of Hurley. He's our guy, and has turned the program around. However, he deserves criticism for this.

Offensively, Bouk was off. Cole was off. We needed buckets and Sanogo was the guy who could have delivered. Instead, we played Maryland's game and lost.

Reaction Score
It was more egregious vs St. Johns... that was coaching malpractice. Literally.

Today, Sanogo wasn't quite capitalizing offensively the way you'd hope, so I can understand it. Though I would have played him 6 or 7 more minutes in the second half, personally.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
In the first half he had limited run due to foul trouble (2 quick, cheap fouls). Then, once we are down double digits trying to play solid 3-point defense to get back in the game, that limited Sonogo in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
It couldn't have gone any worse than it did, but it was way less egregious. This wasn't him dominating like St John's and Creighton and then being stuck on the bench, he was struggling on both ends when he was in

Reaction Score
It couldn't have gone any worse than it did, but it was way less egregious. This wasn't him dominating like St John's and Creighton and then being stuck on the bench, he was struggling on both ends when he was in
He didn’t see enough consistent time to establish himself. We lived off his PNR for the last few games. He is easily our best, most skilled, and most athletic big. There is absolutely no reason she should have played as little as he did I think he second half .

Reaction Score
He was 2-7 from the floor on offense and traveled when we forced it to him to try to take advantage of the matchup.

On the other end, he was completely undressed for a wide open dunk.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. The size mismatch would kill us on defense and we wouldn't be able to capitalize on offense.

Reaction Score
Sitting him with two fouls in the first half was the mistake.

I get why he played so little in the second half. You typically don’t want to play through a mismatch when you’re down 12 and the mismatch is worse on the other end.

Reaction Score
No, I missed it. What happened? We win?
Well he had two first half fouls and one second half fouls. So I don’t know where you got your “picking up cheap fouls” take came from

Reaction Score
Well he had two first half fouls and one second half fouls. So I don’t know where you got your “picking up cheap fouls” take came from
2 in the first ~6 minutes and sat for the rest of the half. Just like the Creighton game. That hurts us badly. Did YOU even watch the game?

Reaction Score
Weirdly aggressive responses to someone suggesting that our best big needs to stay on the floor. You alright?
My comment stemmed from his lack of action until he second half. I get that he missed the first because of fouls.

Reaction Score
So next season, is the scouting report to play small ball vs UConn (to force Hurley's hand and get Sanogo out of the game)??

St John's game, version 2.

Sorry guys--I know it's First World problems, but I'm so dismayed from this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom