Sanogo Fouls Killed Us | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sanogo Fouls Killed Us

Reaction Score
Yeah I saw it. He put his arm on the guy. Easy call the refs will make every time.
How about lowering your shoulder and shoving the defender back a few feet. Jefferson was pretty good at that and seemed to have slightly more effect than the breeze of waving your arm.

Reaction Score
Just as big a problem to me is that Hurley stopped trying to get him the ball after his 3rd foul. He was getting whatever he wanted down low, it's completely bizarre that Hurley stopped going to him. Cost us the game IMO
Yes, we seem to move away from what was working while other team reinforce what works like backing down a smaller player through isolation. This happens much to much with our help just looking on. Why? Other teams double and take their chances. If we don't clean this up soon the better NCAA teams will pick our pockets.

Reaction Score
The original poster has a point. Hurley said that "the difference in the game was probably the 17 offensive rebounds we gave up." Sanogo being out probably contributed to that disparity.
I agree with this but there should have not that many to be had. They missed a ton of chip shots in this game.
My question if rebounding is a problem why did Carlton not get more than four minutes filling in for Sanogo?
When he went out both Martin and Cole were over manned by taller players under the basket. Not attacking Dan but coaches get a state sheet each quarter not something he had to wait post game to discover.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jefferson killed UConn as I feared he might do. The kid has an NBA body and he knows how to use it. He plays with effort and is a competitor who backs down from no one. If he was 3 inches taller he would be a 1st round draft pick. He was determined not to lose the game and took it upon himself to carry the team on his back. He is a senior and has the experience that most of the UConn players do not. Creighton is an older team and have been there before - UConn hasn't.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the ref's stupid call of a foul when Sanogo was just diving to the post to set up teaches him something. He just has that body that people are going to bounce off of. It's not his fault but he has to learn to be careful.

I remember Shaq talking about him getting called for fouls when guys when run into him when he was still and the guard would bounce off of him.

Still don't get that call against Sanogo. Looks even worse when you remember Bouk got a shot in the throat and there was no call.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the ref's stupid call of a foul when Sanogo was just diving to the post to set up teaches him something. He just has that body that people are going to bounce off of. It's not his fault but he has to learn to be careful.

I remember Shaq talking about him getting called for fouls when guys when run into him when he was still and the guard would bounce off of him.

Still don't get that call against Sanogo. Looks even worse when you remember Bouk got a shot in the throat and there was no call.

By Jefferson. It was not an accident.

Reaction Score
So Jefferson plays 35 minutes with 14 points and 12 rebounds and Sanogo 21 minutes 13 points 5 rebounds. Between Whaley and Sanogo we had plenty to fight Creighton except Sanogo was kept off the floor. Need him for 30 plus minutes.

not feeding the ball into Sanogo killed us. The guards took over and stopped looking inside.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It's not his fault the refs called him for 2 absolute BS fouls that they never would call on anyone else. The only bad foul he had was when the push when Bouk missed the front end of the 1&1.
Even that last call could have easily just been oob to Creighton instead of a foul

Reaction Score
Did you watch the replay? All he hooked was air. Barely even touched his defender.
This unfortunately happens a lot where refs see what they think they're SUPPOSED to see. How many inside blocks of the ball on replay have no contact on the hand arm or body? Many.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom