Sanogo finally plays | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sanogo finally plays

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I find you as being one of the most reasonable posters on the board and your response caught me a bit off guard. Happy New Year!
For almost all of my contentious replys and certainly to yours, I'm taking on a point I particulary disagree with, not the poster. I was paying a lot more attention to the NBA back then. Bird said going in he was three years and out. And most were stunned when he stuck to it, especially coming off his best of three excellent seasons.

Reaction Score
What I have seen is that great players usually don’t make the best coaches. I don’t have any empirical data that supports my claim but think about it just in basketball. MJ never tried it. The logo Jerry West did but was never a great coach. Larry Bird did not do so great. Bill Russel may be one of the exceptions. It’s tough to teach people how to do things when they come so easily for the greats.
Larry Bird was a very successful NBA head coach; NBA Coach of the Year in his first seasons; winning record in each of his 3 seasons, with a 147 and 67 win/loss record (68.7%).

Reaction Score
Does Sanogo get paid more for being with an NBA team or does he get the same regardless if he's in the nba or g league

Reaction Score
Does Sanogo get paid more for being with an NBA team or does he get the same regardless if he's in the nba or g league
He’s on a 2 way contract which is a relatively new type of contract. His salary is around 500k this year and it doesn’t change whether he’s in the G League or on the NBA roster

Reaction Score
He’s on a 2 way contract which is a relatively new type of contract. His salary is around 500k this year and it doesn’t change whether he’s in the G League or on the NBA roster

Making money, I‘m very happy for him.

Reaction Score
Awesome!! And Hawkins back with big club, but having a bad shooting night
When he has played recently, he’s been shooting very poorly. 3-13 off the bench as a bonafide shooter isn’t gonna cut it.

Reaction Score
Rooting for Adama big time, want him to make the draft gurus look silly as he succeeds. MVP Final Four and his skills were not that highly regarded. We beg to differ.

caw

Reaction Score
All of the FGs made, the Twitter commentary is whatever

Commentary isn’t wrong exactly. It does fail to understand that Adama uses his width really well to get space for his shots. He also questions his shot, which is fair based on that game, but shows he never watched him outside that game.

Reaction Score
Adama is probably drilling set shots all over the place these days based on how fast he improved at UConn. There’s definitely more to him than meets the eye. Too short, too limited, too slow but then there he is, almost mechanically or robotically ripping you to shreds.

Reaction Score

He looks like he belongs there, doesn’t he?

Why he wasn’t drafted higher beyond me - I think he will be there for foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
Larry Bird did not do so great
Larry Bird only coached 3 seasons, and pushed the Bulls to Game 7 in 1998 with a 58 win team and in the process won Coach of the Year (they were a 39 win team the year before). Then in the Lockout year, he won his division with a .660 winning percentage (54 win pace, same as 1 Seed Heat). Then he got the 1 Seed and lost in the Finals to the Lakers, giving them their toughest series of their 3-peat.

He coached 3 seasons: .687 winning percentage. 3 ECF, 1 Finals. I'd say he did pretty darn good as a coach.

EDIT: Should have known multiple people would correct the Bird one here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All of the FGs made, the Twitter commentary is whatever

Hard to argue, none of this is new to us.

He is limited athletically and height-wise and is a below-the-rim player. He will need to display an NBA jump shot, but he showed range to the college 3-point line last year at a 36% or so clip (just show them the opening minutes of the Miami game).

It will be interesting to see if his interior game can translate or if, as the commentator suggests, he will get swallowed up against legitimate NBA athleticism.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom