Saniya Selected as WBCA All-Star | The Boneyard

Saniya Selected as WBCA All-Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
We have some folks going to New Orleans...hopefully some can take this game in and pass on their wisdom.
Speaking of passing, if Saniya shows off her considerable ability to do just that in this game, she will be a standout.
Congratulations to her. This kid has 'blown up' over the last 15 months or so.

The rate of Brianna's recovery from her injury may open some doors for Saniya early in the season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We have some folks going to New Orleans...hopefully some can take this game in and pass on their wisdom.
Speaking of passing, if Saniya shows off her considerable ability to do just that in this game, she will be a standout.
Congratulations to her. This kid has 'blown up' over the last 15 months or so.

The rate of Brianna's recovery from her injury may open some doors for Saniya early in the season.
Yep, I'm there.

I enjoyed the 2010 game in San Antonio. Bria, Samarie, and Chiney looked good. Simmons jacked up shots. Odyssey was out with an injury, but got a huge ovation as a Texan.

Reaction Score
Great to hear Congrats SANIYA Should be interesting to see how she plays with this caliber of players
I was not sure she was going to get this level of awards,but happy
she is HOPING she makes the MCD AA game
IRA

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Anyone who is going, I would love their thoughts on Stanford's Karlie Samuelson and Erica McCall. Thanks.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Anyone who is going, I would love their thoughts on Stanford's Karlie Samuelson and Erica McCall. Thanks.
I'd be happy to. In the 2010 game, Sara James hit a couple of shots and displayed nice form. Chiney played with a faster motor than anyone else and even hit a trey or two. She looked very, very good.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
I'd be happy to. In the 2010 game, Sara James hit a couple of shots and displayed nice form. Chiney played with a faster motor than anyone else and even hit a trey or two. She looked very, very good.

Thank you - I appreciate it!

Ogwumike is better than advertised and all Stanford fans are excited she came to The Farm. And I am really happy James is getting more playing time this year. She brings that extra spark, that extra energy that all championship squads need.

Reaction Score
Saniya finished today's(Wednesday) game with 40, making her the all time female scoring leader in New York State Section One. She has now scored 2664 total points in under 4 years with the best part of the season about to begin.
The old record was set back in 1987.
Congrats on the WCBA selection, hope Mickey D is up next.
PS, to you all around the country she blew up in the last 15 months, we all knew she was this good the day she played her first game as a freshman, UCONN and Luigi found a diamond in their own back 40.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Saniya finished today's(Wednesday) game with 40, making her the all time female scoring leader in New York State Section One. She has now scored 2664 total points in under 4 years with the best part of the season about to begin.
PS, to you all around the country she blew up in the last 15 months, we all knew she was this good the day she played her first game as a freshman, UCONN and Luigi found a diamond in their own back 40.

I really like posts like this. These are very young women who's game evolves at different paces.

Reaction Score
Props to SANIYA for attaining the all time female scoring leader in NYS SEC ONE
When people talk of Saniya blowing up in the last 15 months
many are referring to her being talked about on the board and
the recruiting services who did not rank Saniya prior
to her being a feature on the board
IRA

Reaction Score
In addition, just learned that when Saniya broke the record she did so by draining a 3 pointer. That 3 pointer made her #1 all time in New York for pointers in a career. Looking for a few more before she leaves O'Town for the next level.

Reaction Score
Here's a LINK to LoHud.com Girls HS Basketball Blog. It talks about Saniya, the near future and her accumulated accomplishments.
Here's a LINK to an article on todays game from LoHud.com. (2 pages) (check out the video too!)

"She already had more than 2,600 career points, 600 assists, and 400 steals going into the game, so reaching the 500-rebound milestone was just an added perk."..........from the Girls HS Basketball Blog.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Going from unranked to the WBCA AA game is the extreme case of "blowing up."

A lot of folks missed on her less than two years ago, mostly due to lack of exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom