Saniya Chong with Solid Performance in WBCA Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saniya Chong with Solid Performance in WBCA Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Saniya hit her three shots early, I think all in first 4 minutes. I can't say for sure, but I almost got the impression that she felt she had demonstrated she could shoot, so now she was going to show she could pass.

She never took another shot, except two attempts near the basket after cleaning up a rebound.

I was very happy with what I saw, she looked comfortable out there, and was usually running the offense when she was on the floor.

Rutgers fans are right to be happy with Scaife.

Tennessee fans might be surprised at the no-show from Russell, but I got the impression hat she showed what she could do at the McD game, and this was for the other players. I may well be wrong, but it didn't seem like she was trying to do things and failing, it was just that she wasn't that active a part of the offense.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saniya hit her three shots early, I think all in first 4 minutes. I can't say for sure, but I almost got the impression that she felt she had demonstrated she could shoot, so now she was going to show she could pass.

She never took another shot, except two attempts near the basket after cleaning up a rebound.

I was very happy with what I saw, she looked comfortable out there, and was usually running the offense when she was on the floor.

Rutgers fans are right to be happy with Scaife.

Tennessee fans might be surprised at the no-show from Russell, but I got the impression hat she showed what she could do at the McD game, and this was for the other players. I may well be wrong, but it didn't seem like she was trying to do things and failing, it was just that she wasn't that active a part of the offense.
Saniya was the leading scorer early on. I think she had 7 points in the first 5 minutes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She hit two impressive baskets early. Not sure if they were part of her regular repertoire, but she looked good.

I've seen a few of her highlights online..... she has some good moves and a nice touch. I remember one of the Peach State Hoops guys compare her physically to Jasmine Hassell of UGA.

Reaction Score
I don't like to look ahead since there are still 2 more games left...but is anyone else really excited about next year's team. Yes we will miss Doty's leadership and Kelly's defense. Kelly has turned into one of those do all players and she doesn't get enough credit for everything she does.
But Chong will be another offensive weapon. If Brianna can come back healthy, look out. Our opponents will all need to put up a lot of points and score.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'm really excited about Chong...and our trainers will beef her up too. My sense is that she will be amazing...

sTu

Reaction Score
Next years weaker conference schedule and many weaker early opponents should help Saniya. She is going to need time to grow. She makes Mo look like a body builder. Her playing time in "meaningful" minutes I think is going to be tied to her development on the defensive side. She has lots of skills including her ability to get the ball to open teammates.

Defense in the game itself was much better on the interior. Post players were consistently challenged and Russell had a much more difficult time finishing (compared to the Mac game) including getting stuffed at least a couple of times I think. She will be a good player, but might take some time also to hit her stride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom