Saniya Chong is AAC Freshman of the Week.... | The Boneyard

Saniya Chong is AAC Freshman of the Week....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Saniya.jpeg

Saniya Chong was chosen as the AAC Freshman of the week. Chong averaged 12 points per game and 7 rebounds per game in UConn's 2-0 week. In 65 minutes of action, Saniya dished out eight assists and had only 1 turnover. Congrats to Saniya..!!

For the season, Chong has surprised UConn fans by averaging almost 21 minutes per in 27 games. She has scored 160 pts (5.9 average) and grabbed 60 rebounds. Most impressively, she has 52 assists, 23 steals and only 19 turnovers in 563 minutes of play. She is good and getting even better..!!

Go Huskies..!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Somebody on this board told us Chong would be starting before the end of the year. Sorta good call. They actually thought she would be starting in place of Jefferson :)eek:). But I don't think anyone saw us losing KML, Tuck and Banks (all at the same time) for portions of the season. :mad:

Very glad Chong has been able to step up. She's doing a great job.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Awesome Chong from Ossining. The confidence is growing and now the FOTWs can start flowing.

Take a little hitch out of the 3-pt shot, and she will be lighting it up from deep.

Reaction Score
Awesome Chong from Ossining. The confidence is growing and now the FOTWs can start flowing.

Take a little hitch out of the 3-pt shot, and she will be lighting it up from deep.
Congrats to Saniya, but she may have a hard time beating out Scaife or Fitzgerald. Scaife only had one game this week and she had 17 points and 6 rebounds against Louisville. We will get to see them play head to head on March 1st.

Reaction Score
Somebody on this board told us Chong would be starting before the end of the year. Sorta good call. They actually thought she would be starting in place of Jefferson :)eek:). But I don't think anyone saw us losing KML, Tuck and Banks (all at the same time) for portions of the season. :mad:

Very glad Chong has been able to step up. She's doing a great job.
I remember that. Glad it wasn't me; I'd be pretty embarrassed now.

Reaction Score
Noticed she is moving on offense now. Even has someone on her all the time now. Very good sign. Takes a defensive player away from double teaming our shooters. Very good. Excellent progress.

Reaction Score
Congratulations, Saniya……..well done! Keep working very hard at practice and in games!

As your contributions increase, so will your confidence and self assurance, which will help lead you to the goals you dreamed of when you picked UConn as your school of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom