Sandler hoops movie Hustle | The Boneyard

Sandler hoops movie Hustle

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just watched it on Netflix. That was basketball p o r n, any hoops junky is going to love it.
See "Recently Watched Movies" thread in Entertainment for additional comments.

Reaction Score
I was just reading this article the other day. While Sandler was filming in Philly he got a few NBA and other Philly basketball names to play a pick up game at Imhotep. Justin Edwards was one of the people recruited for the game, along with Trae Young, Tobias Harris and others. Apparently Sandler is pretty good.

Reaction Score
God I hope this is better than Uncut Gems. That was terrible.

It's one of those weird movies where the audience rating and critics rating are completely different on rotten tomatoes. I enjoyed it a lot though

Reaction Score
Just watched it on Netflix. That was basketball p o r n, any hoops junky is going to love it.
I loved it. Best line in movie “Philly are the worst fans. Which makes them the best fans”

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Coincidentally just watched it last night myself. I'm a huge Sandler fan, so I probably would have enjoyed anything, but I liked it quite a bit myself.

He's actually a pretty damn good serious actor.

Reaction Score
Watched it last night as well - was much better than I expected it to be

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's one of those weird movies where the audience rating and critics rating are completely different on rotten tomatoes. I enjoyed it a lot though
Yeah I know a lot of people loved it.

I like him as both a comic and serious actor but I hated his character and the storyline of Uncut Gems. We rarely turn a movie off but we did with that one. With about a half hour left we both looked at each other and said we didn’t want to watch it any more. It was pretty clear where it was going and we didn’t care enough to see it. Or more so we were too annoyed by him.

I will see this one though.

Reaction Score
i also watched it last night and really enjoyed it! did anyone catch emeka okafor's cameo? i didn't see him, but he appeared in the credits sequence.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did you go into that movie expecting to be watching Billy Madison? Uncut Gems was very good.
No I was expecting something like Leaving Las Vegas. But I forgot that I ultimately hated that, too. Except for Elisabeth Shue.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
i also watched it last night and really enjoyed it! did anyone catch emeka okafor's cameo? i didn't see him, but he appeared in the credits sequence.

Had the same thought myself. Didn't catch him during the movie either.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
God I hope this is better than Uncut Gems. That was terrible.
It's better than Air Bud.

I liked it. And all the hoopsters to a man were better actors than Kevin Garnett.

I didn't like Uncut Gems either.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Anthony Edwards really played the role of the balloon knot very well haha

He was great. I don't follow the NBA too closely, so I didn't recognize him. Thought it was an actor. A real natural.

Reaction Score
Punch Drunk Love (2002) and Reign Over Me (2006) we’re really good serious roles too
Punch Drunk Love is one of my favorite movies ever. The carcrash scene is one of my favorite in any movie.

Reaction Score
Watched it last night as well - was much better than I expected it to be
all the cameos didn’t hurt. and I was curious to see the spots they hit in Philly. I loved that he took one bite out of every cheesesteak. everybody know the rules.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom