San Antonio - MoJeff & Plum | The Boneyard

San Antonio - MoJeff & Plum

Reaction Score
i think mo-Jeff is being screwed. There's no reason why she shouldn't be starting. My gut says there's either a trade brewing either during the year or the off season
Agree, don't think it is a way to protect Moriah ankles not to start her.

Reaction Score
Who knows what the Stars are doing.:oops: I'm thinking Vicky Johnson won't be coaching for them next year. It's sad because they have the number one pick next year and A'ja Wilson would be a nice scoring/defensive presence that they are missing.

Moriah should be starting. San Antonio should be her team just as Skylar is the floor general for Dallas. I don't know where Plum should go but playing over Jefferson is not it.

Reaction Score
I think we all could agree that San Antonio will get the #1 player in next years draft. Which player do you think the stars need the most? Aja Wilson, Gabby Williams, Azura Stevens (assuming she leaves early) or Diamond DeShields?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think we all could agree that San Antonio will get the #1 player in next years draft. Which player do you think the stars need the most? Aja Wilson, Gabby Williams, Azura Stevens (assuming she leaves early) or Diamond DeShields?

they might not..... they do have that draft lottery....... so there are other teams in play.

Reaction Score
the Stars got caught up in the hype, Plum looks slow to me...looks like a future bench warmer...the WNBA is so fast compared to college...its hard for these rookies the W is not easy...
Wasn't impressed with her when she played with Stewie, and Mo in the Pan Am games. She is a short slow shooting guard, not a point guard, she struggled playing in the Pan Am games, and is struggling now. Don't see her being a star in the WNBA, but might be a steady pro.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Wasn't impressed with her when she played with Stewie, and Mo in the Pan Am games. She is a short slow shooting guard, not a point guard, she struggled playing in the Pan Am games, and is struggling now. Don't see her being a star in the WNBA, but might be a steady pro.

Agree with what you said...Also starting over Mo...Is laughable...Another agenda happening behind the black + silver curtain for sure...

She's short but she is slow...Hmmm havent heard that one since 2004...

I say she is a competitor and a UW Husky...so lets give her a couple seasons to work on bringing her game up to this level...Coming off the bench and in practice...

She has not had the coaching our women have had...But we shouldnt dismiss her drive...I like her, want to see rise to the level of the league and contribute...Big changes will be needed on her part...

Reaction Score
Maybe San Antonio needs to give Plum playing time to help her develop and increase her trade value? Clearly, San Antonio is heading toward another lottery pick regardless of who starts at any position and how many minutes various players get.

Reaction Score
Agree with what you said...Also starting over Mo...Is laughable...Another agenda happening behind the black + silver curtain for sure...

She's short but she is slow...Hmmm havent heard that one since 2004...

I say she is a competitor and a UW Husky...so lets give her a couple seasons to work on bringing her game up to this level...Coming off the bench and in practice...

She has not had the coaching our women have had...But we shouldnt dismiss her drive...I like her, want to see rise to the level of the league and contribute...Big changes will be needed on her part...
Hope she has a nice career in the WNBA, great personality, would be good for the league. Most of the teams have players like Stewie, who change your shot, which she didn't have to face in college.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Who knows what the Stars are doing.:oops: I'm thinking Vicky Johnson won't be coaching for them next year. It's sad because they have the number one pick next year and A'ja Wilson would be a nice scoring/defensive presence that they are missing.

Moriah should be starting. San Antonio should be her team just as Skylar is the floor general for Dallas. I don't know where Plum should go but playing over Jefferson is not it.

Uhhh, Mr. Jacket, are you by chance suggesting that the Stars are "Tanking"???? If you are, I think you're making a very reasonable observation. No team should be playing as bad as they are.

The Stars remain the only WNBA team yet to find the win column this year at 0-11. They're well on their way to to matching (or not) their League worst 7-27 record last year. A'ja Wilson will play for a WNBA team next year, San Antonio just may be that place.
She would definitely improve their team the moment her name is announced on draft day. :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Uhhh, Mr. Jacket, are you by chance suggesting that the Stars are "Tanking"???? If you are, I think you're making a very reasonable observation. No team should be playing as bad as they are.

The Stars remain the only WNBA team yet to find the win column this year at 0-11. They're well on their way to to matching (or not) their League worst 7-27 record last year. A'ja Wilson will play for a WNBA team next year, San Antonio just may be that place.
She would definitely improve their team the moment her name is announced on draft day. :rolleyes:
But...But...:oops:
Not really, I think Gabby could be the #1 pick in 2018.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
i think mo-Jeff is being screwed. There's no reason why she shouldn't be starting. My gut says there's either a trade brewing either during the year or the off season

I agree with you. This new coach is bonkers. How many years are on Jefferson's contract?

Reaction Score
Jefferson has knee pain continuing, and the Stars are starting Plum as a way to try to limit Jefferson's minutes is my understanding.

I don't agree with it, but that's my understanding....

Reaction Score
AGREE, BUT RIGHT NOW PLUM IS PROBABLY FILLING MORE SEATS THAN MOJEFF

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
In the end, who has a more successful WNBA career: Plum or KML? They both came in with a lot of hype. KML was 3pt queen and Plum was scoring queen. Plum 1st pick, KML 3rd. etc. etc.

Reaction Score
AGREE, BUT RIGHT NOW PLUM IS PROBABLY FILLING MORE SEATS THAN MOJEFF

No, I do not think so. The people filling seats right now are the long-suffering loyal team fans. I go to only a few games because I drive from Austin and that is all I can manage. I love to watch Moriah. I am completely over Plum. She may develop but I am waiting for the next draft.

Carnac

Reaction Score
In the end, who has a more successful WNBA career: Plum or KML? They both came in with a lot of hype. KML was 3pt queen and Plum was scoring queen. Plum 1st pick, KML 3rd. etc. etc.

KML is entering her 3rd year in the league. I think we can all agree that she has under performed for whatever reason(s).
I can only suppose what some of those reasons may be:
  1. Do her college skills translate to the professional level?
  2. Is she a good fit for with the Storm (the current team members), and the style of play the coaches what to see on a nightly basis?
  3. Are her skills being used properly to their maximum potential?
  4. Would she be in a better situation/better fit with another team?
Plum has not exactly set the league on fire so far this season. Injuries considered, she continues to struggle, with minimum minutes and point production. Plum is averaging 15 min - 4.1 ppg - 2 t/o - 23% fg. Not impressive numbers. Jefferson had an exceptional freshman year for the Stars. We'll have to wait until her injury has healed to see what year two brings.

Carnac

Reaction Score
No, I do not think so. The people filling seats right now are the long-suffering loyal team fans. I go to only a few games because I drive from Austin and that is all I can manage. I love to watch Moriah. I am completely over Plum. She may develop but I am waiting for the next draft.

Interesting that you say that. I was thinking the same thing. I've seen all of their games on the WNBA's League Pass. Can't wait for Mo to recover from her injuries enough to resume her starting role. :cool:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Jefferson has knee pain continuing, and the Stars are starting Plum as a way to try to limit Jefferson's minutes is my understanding.
I don't agree with it, but that's my understanding....
Come on that sounds too simple to be true! :oops: We all know behind every decision not to play a UCONN player is a conspiracy. Are you going to help us get to the bottom of this or nah?

Reaction Score
In the WNBA advanced stats only 9 players are below Plum, not good for the 1st pick in the draft.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom