Samuelson, Williams Sweep Conference Honors | The Boneyard

Samuelson, Williams Sweep Conference Honors

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Can't say I really understand it, but UConn just reported:

Samuelson, Williams Earn Conference Honors - University of Connecticut Athletics

So, maybe Player of Week and Freshman of Week?

Yup, per Conference: UConn's Samuelson and Williams Gather Weekly Women's Basketball Honors
I am probably Okey Dokie, CW's biggest fan and I have been a KLS lover since day one. I watched the OU game and the replays and high lights Napheesa in Rebounding and scoring from all over won those game. My Belief--No Precious (Napheesa) no wins. Undersized in the post she scored, blocked, rebounded and succeeded against bigger players. How could anyone miss that.
It's tough as a parent to say one kid is more exceptional than another but fact are facts.
Napheesa this week made the Cal and Ou wins possible. Sure KLS is was exeptional she was really important in the win but Pheesa scored when scores were to keep Uconn alive and get the rebound to put Uconn ahead.
CWilliams is the heir apparent to DT. Give her the ball tell her to score--2 or 3 points.
She knows she's good and can prove it.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gotta get out of the 40 minutes thing after Baylor. Be nice to have ONO have a great game there. And Kyla is faster than their bigs.

Reaction Score
I am probably Okey Dokie, CW's biggest fan and I have been a KLS lover since day one. I watched the OU game and the replays and high lights Napheesa in Rebounding and scoring from all over won those game. My Belief--No Precious (Napheesa) no wins. Undersized in the post she scored, blocked, rebounded and succeeded against bigger players. How could anyone miss that.
It's tough as a parent to say one kid is more exceptional than another but fact are facts.
Napheesa this week made the Cal and Ou wins possible. Sure KLS is was exeptional she was really important in the win but Pheesa scored when scores were to keep Uconn alive and get the rebound to put Uconn ahead.
CWilliams is the heir apparent to DT. Give her the ball tell her to score--2 or 3 points.
She knows she's good and can prove it.
Gotta get out of the 40 minutes thing after Baylor. Be nice to have ONO have a great game there. And Kyla is faster than their bigs.
Not having the opportunity to watch ANY other AAC player this past week, I can't argue with the Conference Committee for their selections. I surely can't imagine there are any AAC freshmen (perhaps none in all of NCAA) playing better than CW, even though her production this week was not what it was against ND.

I also didn't see any other AAC games this week, but I have to assume the Conference Committee that makes these decisions gathers all the available data, tape, or what ever they need to make their choices. :):cool:

I noted in the ESPNW player of the week article about Sabrina, I noticed that BOTH KLS and NC were nominated :)):)) for the ESPN award. Based on the small number who were nominated, I suspect it's ESPN personalities who make these nominations. Regardless, what it says to me when TWO players (both Seniors) from the same team are nominated for ESPNW POW, is that they are BOTH very important cogs in the UCONN machine and its success. I have trouble with the argument of "take away player X's contributions and we don't win," because it can be said for player Y, Z, A and B... they are all important, especially when the wins this week were each 10 points or less.. Can't live without any of them being productive. :confused::cool::)

CONGRATS to the HUSKIES on their wins and to the two players selected this week by the American Athletic Conference. :):)

GO HUSKIES.

Reaction Score
Not having the opportunity to watch ANY other AAC player this past week, I can't argue with the Conference Committee for their selections. I surely can't imagine there are any AAC freshmen (perhaps none in all of NCAA) playing better than CW, even though her production this week was not what it was against ND.

I also didn't see any other AAC games this week, but I have to assume the Conference Committee that makes these decisions gathers all the available data, tape, or what ever they need to make their choices. :):cool:

I noted in the ESPNW player of the week article about Sabrina, I noticed that BOTH KLS and NC were nominated :)):)) for the ESPN award. Based on the small number who were nominated, I suspect it's ESPN personalities who make these nominations. Regardless, what it says to me when TWO players (both Seniors) from the same team are nominated for ESPNW POW, is that they are BOTH very important cogs in the UCONN machine and its success. I have trouble with the argument of "take away player X's contributions and we don't win," because it can be said for player Y, Z, A and B... they are all important, especially when the wins this week were each 10 points or less.. Can't live without any of them being productive. :confused::cool::)

CONGRATS to the HUSKIES on their wins and to the two players selected this week by the American Athletic Conference. :):)

GO HUSKIES.
Saberina is an exceptional player and the MS/O game she had a lot to do with the win.
I agree CW is far and way ahead of any Frosh in the ACC in all respects, other leagues as well. My only comparison has been and is: DT as a Frosh. CONFIDENCE (I call it a big ego, knowing who she is and what she can do) are similar.

Napeesa this weeks, most weeks, is playing WAY out of forward she is playing against much broader and bigger and takes the ball from them--talent, talent--to me she won, at least POW for the AAC --I would have assigned National POW

Reaction Score
Saberina is an exceptional player and the MS/O game she had a lot to do with the win.
I agree CW is far and way ahead of any Frosh in the ACC in all respects, other leagues as well. My only comparison has been and is: DT as a Frosh. CONFIDENCE (I call it a big ego, knowing who she is and what she can do) are similar.

Napeesa this weeks, most weeks, is playing WAY out of forward she is playing against much broader and bigger and takes the ball from them--talent, talent--to me she won, at least POW for the AAC --I would have assigned National POW
No issue with Sabrina's award.

Was trying to convey that I believe the Conference Committee that does these selections is "neutral"...their own criteria. Interestingly, Lou's and Pheesa's stats were nearly identical for the 2 games. Only difference was Lou had 2 double doubles and Pheesa did not...

But... a Huskie won the selection... and the TEAM IS 11-0. GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
Kyla faster up the floor, maybe--laterally maybe equal It would be God gift to me for the new Year should Kayla do as you suppose.

Reaction Score
No issue with Sabrina's award.

Was trying to convey that I believe the Conference Committee that does these selections is "neutral"...their own criteria. Interestingly, Lou's and Pheesa's stats were nearly identical for the 2 games. Only difference was Lou had 2 double doubles and Pheesa did not...

But... a Huskie won the selection... and the TEAM IS 11-0. GO HUSKIES
Kate lou Stats won out--great stat. I believe stats are nice but the real story may be missed with stats alone
I lived for a while in Downingtown Pa, among many other places.

Reaction Score
I am just glad it was a UCONN player.

So are you currently on Broadway or in VA?? We spent 4 tours of duty in VA, but also FL, NC, MD, and CA. 13 moves in 30 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom