Samuelson Sisters Ready for Take Off in Dallas | The Boneyard

Samuelson Sisters Ready for Take Off in Dallas

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Um...how many Titles did Katie Lou win at UConn? :rolleyes: I think the writer's math is off a bit.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
They are similar players. It will be tough for both to make the same roster. I love them both, though.

Major uphill battle for Karlie. Cant see her make the roster with Arike, Mabrey, KLS, Davis, Gray and Thornton all in competition for spots at 2/3. Agler seems to have a soft spot for Karlie though and sisters on the same team could be good PR so maybe she snags a spot.

Reaction Score
Sabally can and might also play the two and three. She is a good perimeter defender.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
They are similar players. It will be tough for both to make the same roster. I love them both, though.

Me 2

There us another possible opening for Karlie. I have no info on the whats going on but there is an opening for an Assistant Coach at Stanford. Karlie, and Lou, have a very high BB IQ. I remember watching some Stanford games, when Karlie was there, and often during time outs she was diagramming plays for the team to run. I have seen the same when Karlie played overseas in Belgium, Italy, and Spain, and also for the GBB National team.

. Agler did go to Spain this winter to watch her and soon after Dallas signed her,

Again, I have no idea if she is being considered for the job

Reaction Score
Um...how many Titles did Katie Lou win at UConn? :rolleyes: I think the writer's math is off a bit.

She would have won her freshman season except she fractured a bone in her foot in the semifinals against Oregon St. She wanted to go back in the second half, but the medical people said no. She had increased her minutes the second half of the year, starting the semi final game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She would have won her freshman season except she fractured a bone in her foot in the semifinals against Oregon St. She wanted to go back in the second half, but the medical people said no. She had increased her minutes the second half of the year, starting the semi final game.

That one counts, she was part of the team. However, no more Titles the next 3 years. The author said she won a couple. So easy to fact check, he's just dead wrong.

from the article:
Katie Lou (just Lou is fine) is the youngest of three Samuelson daughters. She is the All-American who chased greatness, went to UConn, won a couple of NCAA titles, and travelled the world with Team USA.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That one counts, she was part of the team. However, no more Titles the next 3 years. The author said she won a couple. So easy to fact check, he's just dead wrong.

from the article:
Katie Lou (just Lou is fine) is the youngest of three Samuelson daughters. She is the All-American who chased greatness, went to UConn, won a couple of NCAA titles, and travelled the world with Team USA.

Hey, what about those AAC titles :rolleyes:

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Karlie might have won one if she hadn't badly sprained her ankle in the final four against South Carolina. Coulda shoulda woulda...

Reaction Score
Lou I'm sure doesn't consider herself part of the winning team since she never played in the game. A competitor like her wants to feel like she contributed. There's nothing she could have done, but that's the way it is with players like her. Even when throwing up multiple times during the game against Maryland, she kept going back out on the court and helped UConn win.

Reaction Score
There is going to be a lot of competition for the backcourt spots in Dallas. Unfortunately KLS didn't really get a chance to show much in Chicago. Her injury definitely hurt her development but I also recall the coach was trying to put her in the now expected "Stretch 4" spot due to her length combined with outside shooting. She wasn't suited for that from a physical or defensive standpoint. She may have an opportunity in Dallas to get a fresh start and show what I believe she can do.

Reaction Score
I think Karlie has just a good a shot as Mabrey. Mabrey stood around quite a bit for Notre Dame waiting for the 3 opportunity. That style won't fly in the Pros.

BTW, I LOVE the tik-tok video in the article!

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Karlie might have won one if she hadn't badly sprained her ankle in the final four against South Carolina. Coulda shoulda woulda...
I thought I read on the Cardboard that there is a freeze on hiring at Stanford. Although I am sure it will be lifted by the start of next season. The question for Karlie is which comes first, the possible cut at Dallas, or the commitment needed at Stanford.

By the way CompSci87, who handles the admin or registration at The Cardboard? I have tried to register several times and I never get the registration reply email. If you have a contact email, please send me a message.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
I thought I read on the Cardboard that there is a freeze on hiring at Stanford. Although I am sure it will be lifted by the start of next season. The question for Karlie is which comes first, the possible cut at Dallas, or the commitment needed at Stanford.

By the way CompSci87, who handles the admin or registration at The Cardboard? I have tried to register several times and I never get the registration reply email. If you have a contact email, please send me a message.
I'm an admin and moderator there. Send an email to moderators@thecardboard.org and we'll get back to you and find out what is wrong. If you don't hear back within a few days, send me one directly.

Reaction Score
With all those draft choices, it will be interesting who makes this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom