Samuelson Sisters Points Stats. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Samuelson Sisters Points Stats.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Plum will end up breaking Jackie Stiles record as UW is making sure the gets the minutes and scoring opportunities. She's averaging 37 minutes a game with Washington averaging 25+ points more per game. That includes their two losses. While Geno wouldn't do it, many other coaches would to get the publicity and record for their program. She played 36 minutes today in a 43 point blowout and that's with 12 players playing.
Well since Plum isn't going to win an NC, and she's got a shot at the record, and she's a SR, I say go for it. Play all 40 minutes if necessary.

Reaction Score
Plum is a very good player, but she's not the best player in the country. Sure, she scores a lot of points, but she also takes about a third of the team's shots. Her other numbers are only so-so. Even her assist-to-turnover ratio is uninspiring. Very good player, but mostly a shooter. If I had a vote, I'd be looking for a more rounded player. JMHO.:)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Plum is a very good player, but she's not the best player in the country. Sure, she scores a lot of points, but she also takes about a third of the team's shots. Her other numbers are only so-so. Even her assist-to-turnover ratio is uninspiring. Very good player, but mostly a shooter. If I had a vote, I'd be looking for a more rounded player. JMHO.:)
So who in your humble opinion is better?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
If the title was---National Scorer of the Year--Plum will get it.
But as National PLAYER of the Year--inferring that they are looking at Basketball players--who can defend, lead and score--then it must be Katie Lou.
OMG have you not read any of the threads to see her complete set of stats? Not only is she #1 in scoring but #50 in assists. Maybe you are confusing this Kelsey with the other Kelsey from Ohio State who is not the complete ball player...

Reaction Score
So who in your humble opinion is better?
Of course I'm biased, but I'd take Gabby, Napheesa or Katie Lou over Plum. Let them play 37+ minutes against teams like Grand Canyon, Seattle University and Boise State and Plum's stats won't seem so shiny.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Of course I'm biased, but I'd take Gabby, Napheesa or Katie Lou over Plum. Let them play 37+ minutes against teams like Grand Canyon, Seattle University and Boise State and Plum's stats won't seem so shiny.
I am not knocking any of the UConn players, however, you can not knock Plum. Her points against just the Power 5 Conference teams(not the Grand Canyons, Seattle, Boise State) are as follows:
32 v Missouri
22 v N. Dame
36 v Arizona
34 v Ariz St.
39 v UCLA
34 v USC
22 v Oregon St.
44 v Oregon
21 and 29 v WSU

4 of the above are top 16 teams in the recent ranking release.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I love our girls too, Plum's stats have come in what many pundits consider the top conference the past 4 years and she does all of this with very little help, other than Osahor so if you want to be rational, understand you would have to plug only 1 of our girls in Plum's place on her team to see how they would do, not them collectively against Plum. Again your opinion vs. mine, just be logical and unbiased (of which I am not sure you can be objectionable).

Reaction Score
I love our girls too, Plum's stats have come in what many pundits consider the top conference the past 4 years and she does all of this with very little help, other than Osahor so if you want to be rational, understand you would have to plug only 1 of our girls in Plum's place on her team to see how they would do, not them collectively against Plum. Again your opinion vs. mine, just be logical and unbiased (of which I am not sure you can be objectionable).

Clearly, we'll have to agree to disagree. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Plum's not good. I'm not even saying she's not great. All I'm saying is I don't think she's the best player out there, and that I believe her numbers are inflated by her and her team's situation. If she gets POY, more power to her. I won't agree with it, but good on her all the same.

Reaction Score
I have a problem with the word "conspire". It makes it sound like it was done in the dark of night. It was done in the full light of day with the permission of the player who held the record, the opposing team, and the Big East. That's not a "conspiracy"!

Maybe the wrong word. That's not the point. Geno will bend or subvert the rules to do what he wants. He's no angel. The poster made it sound like Geno's above the 'other' coaches.

Reaction Score
Maybe the wrong word. That's not the point. Geno will bend or subvert the rules to do what he wants. He's no angel. The poster made it sound like Geno's above the 'other' coaches.
Point taken. There's a lot of gamesmanship with Geno.

Reaction Score
Geno wouldn't do it. No, just conspire with opposing coach to let a player on crutches score two points for the individual points record at UCONN.
That is IMLTHO one of the cheapest shots I have ever seen out here. Maybe you just didn't know that Geno checked with Kerry Bascom who was the previous holder of the record. She was good with the idea. He cleared it with his opponents coach. He was good with it. So no one was against it. And Sales is now third on the list and and Bascom is 4th. I am guessing that as talented kids like KLS continue to arrive at UConn that sooner or later the record holders will all slide a little further down the list. A conspiracy? Really?

Reaction Score
Bend? Subvert? Got something called proof a some REAL violation or even a reasonable facsimile of that?

Reaction Score
Bend? Subvert? Got something called proof a some REAL violation or even a reasonable facsimile of that?
Yeah. He and Villanova coach, his friend, agreed to let Nakesha Sales walk on the court with crutches and make a layup uncontested to set the uconn lifetime scoring record at the time. Not a big deal, but Geno's probably no better or worse than the coaches berated in the other post.

Reaction Score
That is IMLTHO one of the cheapest shots I have ever seen out here. Maybe you just didn't know that Geno checked with Kerry Bascom who was the previous holder of the record. She was good with the idea. He cleared it with his opponents coach. He was good with it. So no one was against it. And Sales is now third on the list and and Bascom is 4th. I am guessing that as talented kids like KLS continue to arrive at UConn that sooner or later the record holders will all slide a little further down the list. A conspiracy? Really?

He's no better than the unnamed 'coaches' besmirched in the post which I replied to. Besides, is it ok to do something wrong if enough people agree?
forgetaboutit. The Sales story is way too old to continue on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's no better than the unnamed 'coaches' besmirched in the post which I replied to. Besides, is it ok to do something wrong if enough people agree?
forgetaboutit. The Sales story is way too old to continue on.
And as is typical of someone who at the least dislikes Auriemma You flat out stated that he bent or subverted some rules. I challenged you to provide the details of such action. I can't be totally certain but I believe that Geno and UConn Women have been "cited" twice for what were labeled as secondary violations, the first being the Maya Moore tour of ESPN because someone at UConn called to make the arrangements (and at the time had Maya and her mom made the call they could have likely gotten the same results. The second time was when Coach had a brief conversation with an 8th grader named Mo'ne Davis and the NCAA, contrary to their own rules, deemed it a form of recruiting. Remember an 8th grader at the time was not considered "recruitable" by the NCAA. Now you got something else you'd care to share or just continue to blow smoke?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom