Samuelson says she's 100 percent for UConn women's basketball after ankle surgery | The Boneyard

Samuelson says she's 100 percent for UConn women's basketball after ankle surgery

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The Bristol Press - Samuelson says she's 100 percent for UConn women's basketball after ankle surgery

Tough kid! I remember a video with Geno telling "Lou, I can draw you a heart but I can't give you one." Well, her heart is big and tough enough now!
"Samuelson said she is practicing in full six months after surgery on her left ankle repaired shredded ligaments and a torn tendon."

“I feel better than I’ve ever felt when it comes to my ankle,” Samuelson said. “I don’t feel like I’m going to roll it every time I take a step. I feel good and I’m excited with where I’m at.” As much as she has a sense of urgency to regain her All-American form, she’s staying patient with as many as a 38-game schedule ahead of her this winter.
“It was hard to balance that,” Samuelson said. “I wanted to be out there. I didn’t play a full day of pickup until a week before practice started. That made me anxious because I didn’t think I’d be where I needed to be. But I’ve felt good at practice and I’m moving forward.”

Regarding the scheduled game with Tennessee:
“I just laughed at it,” Dangerfield said. “It’s exciting and I think it will be great for the game. It’s going to be fun to have it back and the former players are really excited about it.” “I’d probably catch a few boos, some boos, maybe more,” Dangerfield said with a laugh.

Last edited:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Great news about Lou. I am very excited for her.

She soldiered on last season through frustration, setbacks, pain, and limitation. All she did was make first team AA, AAC POY, and lead the country in three point percentage. What a player.

Reaction Score
After her sisters went to Stanford, I assumed that Lou would have gone to Stanford. But no, Lou chose UConn and we are better off and more fortunate because of her. I am just grateful that Lou and so many others so talented players have chosen this school and state. Of course, Geno and his program might have something to do with it.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Regarding the scheduled game with Tennessee:
“I just laughed at it,” Dangerfield said. “It’s exciting and I think it will be great for the game. It’s going to be fun to have it back and the former players are really excited about it.” “I’d probably catch a few boos, some boos, maybe more,” Dangerfield said with a laugh.
"Boo" Dangerfield?? :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's a shame it took surgery to get her 100% on board. Gotta work on your thread title skills @SVCBeercats . :)

Seriously ...yes, I'm capable of it now and then...though with lesser and lesser frequency. Where was I? Oh: This: “I don’t feel like I’m going to roll it every time I take a step. " That is the way it has been for this warrior since sometime in HS. Imagine? There is real grit. Now, for the adults that were in the room, all sorts of rooms, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! Should have been fixed a long time ago. Makes me wanna ...... you fill in the blank.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Well if it is Boo Radley, why not go the extra step and call her Arthur. :rolleyes:
Not me. Did you see those arms on her? I will call her whatever she chooses to have me call her! :D

Reaction Score
I liked old Boo Radley, but I am not sure Boo Dangerfield cuts it. :eek:

BAMA: love that book and that character. Another good ole Bama Boy, eh? Hopefully Dangerfield WILL cut it and be a scary as Boo.

Reaction Score
Geno should rest Lou as much as possible throughout the year, so she's healthy and fresh when it counts. We found out later Lou was nowhere near 100% in the FF. Both Geno and Lou were to blame for mis-managing that situation.

Reaction Score
Geno should rest Lou as much as possible throughout the year, so she's healthy and fresh when it counts. We found out later Lou was nowhere near 100% in the FF. Both Geno and Lou were to blame for mis-managing that situation.

Lou was nowhere near 100% all year long; she was playing on a shredded ankle.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I liked old Boo Radley, but I am not sure Boo Dangerfield cuts it. :eek:
If she comes through in the clutch like Boo Radley did, I'm all for the moniker!
Well if it is Boo Radley, why not go the extra step and call her Arthur. :rolleyes:
BAMA: love that book and that character. Another good ole Bama Boy, eh? Hopefully Dangerfield WILL cut it and be a scary as Boo.
Eh, I'd still rather a Randell than a Radley, if I'm picking Boo's for basketball. :cool:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I would have felt better if she said she is 110% ;)

Or, alternatively, if she had said she's "really, really, really ready for the season." :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom