Samuel's development | The Boneyard

Samuel's development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Over the last two games:

60 minutes, 18 points (7-11 fg, 4-6 ft), 7 reb, 6 assists, 3 steals, 3 to

He's still a bit reluctant to shoot the jumper, and he had two bad defensive moments today when he got backdoored. But he seems to have turned a corner, and his ability to run things just a bit has given Boat more time to be a scorer.

It's also worth noting how much we're switching on defense, and how TSam is a big part of that. He's strong enough in the post to at least be bothersome to bigger players, so it's gotten tougher to exploit mismatches vs. us over the last two games.

We'll see if it continues vs. better competition. Fingers crossed.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I thought you were going to talk about the difference between the first and second halves.

He was brutal the first half with 2 turnovers, a missed layup and missed dunk plus the back door.

Second half was a different story with the one back door and two missed free throws. Otherwise a good second half.

Reaction Score
I like t Sam starting as well. He brings energy and our starts are much better.

Omar Calhoun has disappeared, was really hopeful after the UF game.

I like purvis as 6th man, explosion was there today, he really seems to struggle with his confidence and finishing strong or flipping it up.

Reaction Score
He's showing much improvement. Actually complimenting Boat. Perhaps gaining more confidence with floor time.

Reaction Score
He is our only other ballhandler/ playmaker. Like it or not, we can't win without him.

Reaction Score
I like t Sam starting as well. He brings energy and our starts are much better.

Omar Calhoun has disappeared, was really hopeful after the UF game.

I like purvis as 6th man, explosion was there today, he really seems to struggle with his confidence and finishing strong or flipping it up.
Our starts are much better? Our starts have been terrible and Samuel had a awful first half, thankfully he played better in the second.

Reaction Score
He brings energy and spark and defensive intensity to the team when he comes off the bench. he changes the game, ramps it up.

but when he starts he does none of the above. I'd go back to bringing him off the bench and start Purvis.

you can't start TSam, because with him, Brfimah and Facey there are 3 starters who can't shoot on the floor. Boat and Hamilton get double-teamed and the team struggles to break 20 points at half.

Reaction Score
We can only have so many "bring off the bench energy guys". Someone else needs to grab the other starting guard spot next to Boat & run with it. Not sure who I want to start in the backcourt with Boat... I'd say whomever can bring offense, defense & ball handling consistently... Who is that guy? I don't know.

Reaction Score
He is our only other ballhandler/ playmaker. Like it or not, we can't win without him.
I think Dham has playmaking skills. I wouldn't call Tsam playmaking skills. He can dribble hard to the basket though.

Reaction Score
He got beat repeatedly on backdoors
That happens to aggressive defenders from time to time
If he is disrupting the offense for 30 minutes ,a couple of back doors are inevitable.
If you playing soft its almost impossible to go back door on you unless your comatose. Risk vs Reward

Reaction Score
He's looked a little better. Much of it against zone which makes it more difficult to turn it over, actually impossible unless you force something. But he's made some good decisions, some bad one's and needs to keep working on just being solid. He wasn't very good on the defensive end last night, got caught repeatedly with his back to the ball/play which is a huge no-no. That one pass from the top of the key by the big who threw it right past his right arm (literally 6 inches best) while he wasn't looking - can't happen. Always should be in position to deny that pass if you're doing your job and watching the ball. He is allowed a little more space against zone because they aren't scared of him at all so we have to be careful with the "improvement" factor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom